ADVERTISEMENT

Local tight end recruiting

Husker Red 182

Walk On
Oct 28, 2019
I know local recruiting has been a big topic likely missing out on 4 omaha recruits. To me it seems like based on numbers game we could not take both the Bellevue west tight ends so the question is do we prefer Rollins, fidone, carnie and brahmer over riley-ducker and/or helms. Not a fan of losing in state kids, but that room appears to have talent. Would we rather have one of those two over anyone from 2021 or pierce kid?

I know local recruiting has been a big topic likely missing out on 4 omaha recruits. To me it seems like based on numbers game we could not take both the Bellevue west tight ends so the question is do we prefer Rollins, fidone, carnie and brahmer over riley-ducker and/or helms. Not a fan of losing in state kids, but that room appears to have talent. Would we rather have one of those two over anyone from 2021 or pierce kid?
I’d take either over Rollins, I know that.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
The Huskers are 5 of 7 when it comes to local TE talent (Hickman, Rollins, Carnie, Fidone and Brahmer). Riley-Decker grew up rooting for and a fan of the Hawkeyes (basically their Fidone, except he’s not a Top 40 talent). It wouldn’t have mattered if the Husker won the West every year. The Huskers had no chance. Same with Jackson and Woods. This was an oddity this year with our top 4 players. All 4 had no interest in the Huskers.

Ben Brahmer, compared to Thomas Fidone.

"His biggest (issue) is just that he plays in C-1," Warren said of Brahmer. "We've been knowing about him for years now, but nobody else has. We've been screaming from the rooftop, 'Hey, do you like Thomas? If you like Thomas, go look at Ben Brahmer.' He's more developed than Thomas was as a sophomore and it's not even close."

In a perfect world, we probably take two last year, the two BW kids this year and Brahmer in 2023. But it is what it is and we have landed some darn good TE’s lately.
Yep. Agree. And Fidone was a 1st choice type of recruit at the tight end position.
We need more of these type in each class.
Kids who fall into top 3 choice are obviously good but we failed the last several years

While Carnie doesn’t get the hype, he’s got legit speed and frame to develop into what you want at that position.
I actually like our odds with him panning out.
I kept fearing he’d be the “one who got away” if we didn’t offer that would come back to bite us.

Riley-Ducker is one that sucks to lose, but he’s a Hawkeye through and through. Similar to Fidone as it was stated above. Helms is the one that really sucks to lose. That kid kind of reminds me of Noah Fant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT