ADVERTISEMENT

Satterfield

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
COACHING CAREER
2024:
Nebraska (Offensive Coordinator/Tight Ends)
2023: Nebraska (Offensive Coordinator)
2021-22: South Carolina (Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks)
2020: Carolina Panthers (Assistant Offensive Line)
2019: Baylor (Tight Ends)
2018: Baylor (Recruiting Coordinator)
2018: East Tennessee State (Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks)
2016-17: Tennessee Tech (Head Coach)
2015: Temple (Offensive Coordinator/Running Backs)
2013-14: Temple (Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks)
2009-12: Chattanooga (Offensive Coordinator)
2008: UT Martin (Associate Head Coach/Passing Game Coordinator)
2006-07: UT Martin (Offensive Coordinator)
2005: Western Carolina (Wide Receivers)
2004: Richmond (Wide Receivers)
2002-03: Tennessee (Graduate Assistant)
2001: Chattanooga (Wide Receivers)
1999-2000: Chattanooga (Graduate Assistant)

Rhule
COACHING CAREER
2023-present:
Nebraska (Head Coach)
2020-22: Carolina Panthers (Head Coach)
2017-19: Baylor (Head Coach)
2013-16: Temple (Head Coach)
2012: New York Giants (Assistant Offensive Line)
2011: Temple (Offensive Coordinator/Tight Ends/Recruiting Coordinator)
2008-10: Temple (Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks)
2007: Temple (Quarterbacks/Recruiting Coordinator)
2006: Temple (Defensive Line)
2005: Western Carolina (Assistant Head Coach/Running Game Coordinator/Special Teams)
2003-04: Western Carolina (Assistant Head Coach/Linebackers/Special Teams)
2002: Western Carolina (Special Teams/Linebackers)
2001: UCLA (Assistant Defensive Line)
2000: Buffalo (Defensive Line)
1999: Buffalo (Assistant Defensive Line)
1998: Albright [Pa.] College (Linebackers)

2005 - western carolina
2013 - 15 - temple
2018 - 19 - baylor
2020 - 22 - carolina

It seems like rhule and saterfeild worked lot together which can be a very good thing.
but what I don't understand is how you can separate the two?
rhule I'm sure talks with his oc alot, and shares headsets during games.
so if people have a huge problem with saterfeilds play calling, would'nt they have a problem with rhule more, seeing he's the head honcho?
I ask this because we have quite a track record of caning oc's, every 2 years..that hasn't seem to produce an abundance of offense...
I understand NU fan venting on a message board where they perceive the offense is not being called correctly..but why is it just on saterfeild? and would'nt this be undermining rhule?

respond below

So let me get this straight. Satterfield calls the plays and has worked with Rhule before???

First - this is a shocking development.

Second - are you implying that Rhule is the head coach and has responsibility for the play-calling or at the very least the schemes and gameplan?

Does the head coach really oversee the whole program? I’m going need a moment to get my thoughts together as my mind is blown at the moment!

So let me get this straight. Satterfield calls the plays and has worked with Rhule before???

First - this is a shocking development.

Second - are you implying that Rhule is the head coach and has responsibility for the play-calling or at the very least the schemes and gameplan?

Does the head coach really oversee the whole program? I’m going need a moment to get my thoughts together as my mind is blown at the moment!
the time he took to type out their resumes is impressive at least. One obvious thing is that Satterfield has worn a LOT of hats. Jack of all trades and master of none maybe?

I was watching osu fans video and hey said we thru too much to the side and not down feild...they also said there was bad late game time management...as far as the former I'm sure that message has been deliver...but on the latter, can't they have some kinda analyst guy get that figured out and on the head phones when needed?

I was watching osu fans video and hey said we thru too much to the side and not down feild...they also said there was bad late game time management...as far as the former I'm sure that message has been deliver...but on the latter, can't they have some kinda analyst guy get that figured out and on the head phones when needed?
Gee. Those OSU fans were brilliant. NOBODY on here shared that opinion during the game....... That said, there was a purpose in those lateral throws and it wasn't so much about creating big gains as it was setting up later downfield passes and opening the middle of the field for run plays when we lined up in a 3 WR spread out formation. That said, I think Satterfield way over played that hand.

It’s really too bad they don’t keep track of yards gained horizontally

Our offensive output would look way better
Every team calls those plays but they don't call a dozen of them when they're not working. Sitting here watching NFL game highlights is educational. When NFL teams run those plays defenders don't dare attack the receiver because they're afraid of getting blown by by the blocker for a big play. We can't keep teams honest with fear of our WRs running by them.

We need to try to look like the Lions. They beat the hell out of teams. Just once we need to have the WR blocking for those bubble screens to take off down the field after faking a block. Make those DBs pay for cheating up.
We’ve run that screen pump wheel

Didn’t work because it usually only takes 1 guy to defend our screen game

Reactions: huntered
We’ve run that screen pump wheel

Didn’t work because it usually only takes 1 guy to defend our screen game
I guess I haven't noticed it. One thing the lateral throws are attempting to do is to keep the safeties and backers from plugging the box. I don't think they've helped much.

Well, we've done it too many times to count at the end of halves so no, I wouldn't expect anything to change.

Gee. Those OSU fans were brilliant. NOBODY on here shared that opinion during the game....... That said, there was a purpose in those lateral throws and it wasn't so much about creating big gains as it was setting up later downfield passes and opening the middle of the field for run plays when we lined up in a 3 WR spread out formation. That said, I think Satterfield way over played that hand.
that was my point, I can see NU fans saying something but when they do , maybe blatantly obvious

COACHING CAREER
2024:

Rhule
COACHING CAREER
2023-present:
Nebraska (Head Coach)
2005: Western Carolina (Assistant Head Coach/Running Game Coordinator/Special Teams)

2005 - western carolina
2013 - 15 - temple
2018 - 19 - baylor
2020 - 22 - carolina

It seems like rhule and saterfeild worked lot together which can be a very good thing.
so if people have a huge problem with saterfeilds play calling, would'nt they have a problem with rhule more, seeing he's the head honcho?
I ask this because we have quite a track record of caning oc's, every 2 years..that hasn't seem to produce an abundance of offense...
I understand NU fan venting on a message board where they perceive the offense is not being called correctly..but why is it just on saterfeild? and would'nt this be undermining rhule?

respond below
neither of them were qualified for this job

COACHING CAREER
2024:

Rhule
COACHING CAREER
2023-present:
Nebraska (Head Coach)

2005 - western carolina
2013 - 15 - temple
2018 - 19 - baylor
2020 - 22 - carolina

respond below
In honor if the late Miller Flip, we need to score more points. It's that simple and if we don't, something's wrong because teams with less talent than us score more points than us.

that was my point, I can see NU fans saying something but when they do , maybe blatantly obvious
Benning made the point this morning that many of those lateral passes were quick throws and not bubble screens. The other point that he made and I've mentioned many times is that some of those were "look at me checks at the LOS". So Satterfield didn't call at least some of those as his primary play. Hopefully he finds a different audible for Dylan to go to other than those quick lateral throws.

Benning made the point this morning that many of those lateral passes were quick throws and not bubble screens. The other point that he made and I've mentioned many times is that some of those were "look at me checks at the LOS". So Satterfield didn't call at least some of those as his primary play. Hopefully he finds a different audible for Dylan to go to other than those quick lateral throws.
That’s a big problem - his audible scheme sucks. Play design is non existent with this OC.

Not if Satterfield is only going to have him run a zone read. Way too predictable.

5 plays. We only need 5 plays with HH. (Satt seems to think the zone read is the only one we need) Nevertheless… zone read (got that down) QB draw, Jump Pass, PA bootleg run/pass option and the shovel pass. (Maybe QB sneak too if that counts) But if you mix those five plays, call the one the defense indicates best, I think they can have some success when HH is in the game. Gonna have to call a pass play with HH at some point to keep the defense honest. Probably be wide open.

the time he took to type out their resumes is impressive at least. One obvious thing is that Satterfield has worn a LOT of hats. Jack of all trades and master of none maybe?
Be careful with that saying, here is the actual meaning. You mean it derogatory but it is meant as a compliment actually.

Jack of all trades, master of none. > Jack of all trades, master of none, but better than a master of one.

I guess I haven't noticed it. One thing the lateral throws are attempting to do is to keep the safeties and backers from plugging the box. I don't think they've helped much.
They are a reaction to blitzes up the middle. The idea is to get outside on the edge when the LBs are coming up the middle. We can't get the block or two it takes to make them work. Also words better with a little shiftiness and speed.

5 plays. We only need 5 plays with HH. (Satt seems to think the zone read is the only one we need) Nevertheless… zone read (got that down) QB draw, Jump Pass, PA bootleg run/pass option and the shovel pass. (Maybe QB sneak too if that counts) But if you mix those five plays, call the one the defense indicates best, I think they can have some success when HH is in the game. Gonna have to call a pass play with HH at some point to keep the defense honest. Probably be wide open.
I definitely think a Tebo-esch jump pass would be great inside the 10.

Changin OCs every couple year? Gimme a fooking break

We have a worthless turd right now, before that 5 years of Frost(turd), before that 3 years of Langsturd

We don’t shit can our OCs fast enough if you ask me

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT