ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln Riley to USC?

Do you think the OU AD had any forewarning to start planning or did this catch him off guard?

did Lincoln Riley secretly dealing with USC give OU the same treatment OU gave the B12 when negotiating with the SEC
Had to come as a surprise.

Perhaps will help NU vs OU next year. But we all you know who will find a way to lose.

Guessing Riley wanted no part of the SEC. He should win a lot of games in the pac 12
I still can’t believe Oklahoma and Texas, willingly tied to the hip, agreed to join the SEC. Stupid is what stupid does. Remember, the arrogance of so many Texas fans and alumni saying Texas is not a fit academically for the SEC and it’s watered down academics. The Longhorn disdain for Prop 48’s unbecoming to anything Texas And its holy stature. Lol, At the phony Longhorn people. It seems both schools want to make it significantly harder to make the BCS playoffs soon and into the future.

USC is a better job to win a national championship. Pretty clear now and once Oklahoma joins the SEC.
My point is OU isn’t a stepping stone program regardless if Riley going out west….And I never said USC isn’t a better job and no question it will be much harder winning the SEC compared to winning the Big12 and easier to getting into the playoffs in the Pac-12…

Reactions: tpmcg
If I was OU I’d be calling Dave Avanda .
Or Matt Campbell if he doesn’t bring his whole staff to Norman. At Oklahoma he will have doors open recruiting wise he couldn’t envision in Ames. But he needs help in having known assistants who have killed it on the recruiting trail. He can still coach up players who are highly motivated type A individuals. At Oklahoma he can be more selective but get more physically higher caliber athletes and players. The cupboard isn’t bare in Norman. It is probably at least as good as when Stoops retired.

Last edited:
Reactions: scarletred
PJ Fleck?
the-big-lebowski-jeff-bridges.gif

• Haha
Reactions: MissoulaHusker
My point is OU isn’t a stepping stone program regardless if Riley going out west….And I never said USC isn’t a better job and no question it will be much harder winning the SEC compared to winning the Big12 and easier to getting into the playoffs in the Pac-12…
I agree and wasn't saying you didn’t know that. I was just saying OU is a top 15, even top 10 job. But joining the SEC will make it more difficult to make a BCS invitation now and into the future as an SEC team. So much real competition in the SEC alone. I hope the oil money doesn’t dry up to soon for the Sooners. NIL or not.

I think Riley was running away from SEC football, now who does Oklahoma go after? My guess is Bob Stoops or Dave Arnada from Baylor.

If I were the OU AD, I'd be calling up Freeze. Probably kill it in the SEC at OU compared to his stint at Miss St beating Bama while there.

He doesn’t want to leave Nebraska. Frost wouldn’t go anywhere. He is committed to making this work so no one should believe any rumors about Frost taking another head coach job. So let’s just put them to rest.
He cant make it work, it was better under Riley's last sad year. Frost is a total failure.

He doesn’t want to leave Nebraska. Frost wouldn’t go anywhere. He is committed to making this work so no one should believe any rumors about Frost taking another head coach job. So let’s just put them to rest.
this must be from an AI that has no handle on real life....who would want Frost especially OU....that is the most hilarious reply to an obvious sarcastic post.

Reactions: Wannabee8
Gonna be Josh Heupel imo. former National Champion OU QB, runs an Air Raid scheme like Lincoln Riley did and had a nice first year at Tennessee

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
oklahoma should think about neon deon as hc...it could really help their recruiting

Seen the ESPN article saying OU potentially targeting Kingsbury. Yeah that's probably not going to happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT