ADVERTISEMENT

Lincoln Riley to USC?

He doesn’t want to leave Nebraska. Frost wouldn’t go anywhere. He is committed to making this work so no one should believe any rumors about Frost taking another head coach job. So let’s just put them to rest.
Good Lord, seek professional help. Soon.

• Haha
Reactions: bigboxes
holy crap!
he wanted no part of alabama or georgia on a regular basis.
I think it is a smart move. The Pac 12 doesn't get all tied up in who is the traditional power like the SEC does. OU and Texas are going to play second, third and fourth fiddle in all sports when they move to the SEC. Remember how the Huskers never got the favorable calls when playing Texas? How we never get them in the BIG. Well the Sooners and the Longhorns are about to find out how that goes.

Doesn't Lincoln run the same offense that current USC OC Graham Harrell runs? The offensive style their team runs is a complaint by many of the Trojan fans.

Guessing the private school money made him do it!!!
And if OU wants Frosty, hope it works out for all involved, if there's mutual interest, I seriously doubt it - especially if he can't win in the B1G west.......just sayin, because he'll get train effin wrecked in the SEC - IMO of course.

Reactions: AnyOneButYou
Stoops back to OU?
I will feel bad for Bob if OU tries to guilt him into coming back. Everything I've read and heard is he genuinely enjoys not coaching and working for Fox. I just heard him say this week that he would have been interested in the USC job when he was younger. He is 61. I know there are older guys still coaching, but work is not everything.

He knows his days of dominant football at Oklahoma are up after it becomes competing in the SEC. Far better chance to dominate a much weaker PAC at USC where he'll have every recruiting advantage.

Could be alot of truth to that. Entered my mind as well.

Good Lord, seek professional help. Soon.
Steve Buscemi was told to seek dental help his first acting audition. Imagine if he did that? Just like people want Frost to change and be something he is not. Stick with him and just like Buscemi the results in his career will come.

I root against USC, but this is a fantastic hire. Much MUCH better than signing James Franklin. Riley is young enough to coach there for 25 plus years.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
Gonna be Josh Heupel imo. former National Champion OU QB, runs an Air Raid scheme like Lincoln Riley did and had a nice first year at Tennessee
it’s my understanding there are hard feelings by josh for ou after he got canned in favor of Riley. They’ve talked about it at length on the radio here. I’d bet he’ll stay put. Knoxville probably beats Norman and I’m guessing he likes the tax rate.

Perhaps will help NU vs OU next year. But we all you know who will find a way to lose.

Guessing Riley wanted no part of the SEC. He should win a lot of games in the pac 12
My thoughts exactly. Get your ass kicked in the SEC and lose your job, or make a quick jump to that sweet soft Pac 10 football.

la? as california? why would he want to be surrounded by communists, heroin/fentanyl users, blue tarp tents, anarchy and sodom?

You left off "money" and "five star recruits".

CRX6gtyUkAElq_E.jpg

Gonna be Josh Heupel imo. former National Champion OU QB, runs an Air Raid scheme like Lincoln Riley did and had a nice first year at Tennessee
Not going to be Josh Heupel. He was fired at Oklahoma in 2014 as their offensive coordinator.

Heupel does run the Air Raid scheme, but that is significantly different than the RPO offense that Riley runs, where they use the run to set up the pass. With this year being an exception, OU usually averaged over 200 rushing yards per game while he was there.

both very successful offenses, both had a couple losses that fans could never get over. it seemed.

Riley straight up scared of the SEC. No other way to look at this. Chump…..and good for him. He would’ve lost 4 games in the SEC with his overrated squad this year.

Reactions: dinglefritz
At least he wasn’t lying when he said that he wouldn’t be the next coach at LSU.
THAT will likely be Tom Herman or Bill O'Brien would be my guess. Okay LongWHORNinOmaha. Who you got? Talking heads today on a national radio show said that Tom Herman was the leading candidate for the LSU job.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Riley straight up scared of the SEC. No other way to look at this. Chump…..and good for him. He would’ve lost 4 games in the SEC with his overrated squad this year.

Not too hard to figure out. He gets to coast in the Pac-12, which is probably closer in strength to the American Athletic or Mountain West Conference than it is to the other Power Five conferences. And he gets to cherry pick all of the 5* talent in Southern California.

Compare that to slugging it out to go 7-5 every year, and fighting with Arkansas and Mississippi State to see who gets that SEC slot to the Music City Bowl, and it's really a no-brainer for Lincoln.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
I've paid so little recruiting this year since it has been so horrible that I didn't even see this.
The kids we have committed I like but there aren't many of them. Some of our best players over the past decade or so have been middling 3 star kids. Ameer was like a 5.6 3 star RB if I remember correctly. The 4 star RBs we signed that year never amounted to anything. It's hard to judge especially given the mess that high school evaluations have been since COVID hit. I've said for over a year that there are going to be a BUNCH of kids who get re-ranked after their senior years. There were probably a fraction of kids at camps as juniors as there were before COVID. Then you add in the screwed up high school schedules with some schools not even playing football last year and there will be hundreds of prospects fall through the cracks.

Reactions: Seascout3 and WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT