ADVERTISEMENT

Let's give the coaches some credit

Started another thread because I did not see this one but I think our corners and Offensive Line play were big keys in this game. And yes I think the coaches called generally a good game. On offense too many bubble screens when they seemed to be repeatedly getting blown up but generally sticking with the run even when down 12. And on defense, that was a good QB who seemingly picked them apart in the 2nd Half but truly they made the passs tough to complete which is a sure step forward.

I thought the two running plays on 1st and 2nd down by their goal line, when we were down by 12, we're pretty poor calls, because we were down by 12 with only 1:50 left and needed to save clock. But I'm not going to bark about anything right now. I'm just thankful for the win , and so happy for Mike Riley..

Last edited:
I thought the two running plays on 1st and 2nd down by their goal line, when we were down by 12, we're pretty poor calls, because we were down by 12 with only 1:50 left and needed to save clock, but I'm not going to bark about anything right now. I'm just thankful for the win , and so happy for Mike Riley..
Understand, but my feeling there is MSU would expect pass. Feel our coaches were challenging the o-line to get it done.

Understand, but my feeling there is MSU would expect pass. Feel our coaches were challenging the o-line to get it done.

I just thought....when you are down by 12, and you need to preserve clock, you gotta pass on those two downs. And why was Newby in the game then when AC had run so well all game? Was Cross injured?

Last edited:
Still not sold on Banker but now isn't the time for that talk. Will just enjoy the win and hope we can win the next 2 and get a bowl game.

Would be nice if Banker and the other D coaches could take some course work, kind of like Nebraska coaches did in 1993 with the Florida State coaching staff. Go down to Bama or LSU and learn from that staff, evaluate the games of this season and have other opinions on what they can do as coaches to get better. The effort from the players is there, and I know the coaches want to improve, time for defense 101.

I just thought....when you are down by 12, and you need to preserve clock, you gotta pass on those two downs. And why was Newby in the game then when AC had run so well all game? Was Cross injured?
No, he came in after the TO for the TD play. We were in no huddle, hurry up and did t have a chance to sub.

Reactions: 94husker
No, he came in after the TO for the TD play. We were in no huddle, hurry up and did t have a chance to sub.

Oh, OK. I still wouldn't run it there, but as it turns out, it burned more clock, and left MSU with less time at the end. Great win for the players and coaches!

Would be nice if Banker and the other D coaches could take some course work, kind of like Nebraska coaches did in 1993 with the Florida State coaching staff. Go down to Bama or LSU and learn from that staff, evaluate the games of this season and have other opinions on what they can do as coaches to get better. The effort from the players is there, and I know the coaches want to improve, time for defense 101.
I thought I heard that last year or the one before Oregon State hosted Michigan State in Corvallis during the offseason to do just that.

Reactions: 94husker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT