ADVERTISEMENT

Leitao

Wow. You really have to start wondering what in the hell is going on? We have lost all of our recruiting momentum and the positive vibes we had at the beginning of this recruiting cycle. I sure hope we can finish strong, but right now I am worried

Reactions: TFrazier
Not a lot of positive things going on in Husker Nation right now. If we miss out on guys like Joseph Lewis, Greg Johnson, Damian Daniels, etc. we may have to shut down the board after the meltdown.

I was watching Deion Jones with the Falcons today, and thought to my self, "we sure do lose a lot of guys late." I hate recruiting!

It happens every year a player or two decommits. I dont know why everyone is shocked by it.

Reactions: kingsfsp
I guess players are bothered by that but aren't bothered by the 4-8 record that Notre Dame put up this year? They have the #8 ranked recruiting class right now. Things aren't quite as simplistic as you want them to be.
Notre dame and texas should battle eachother every year as they did ths year, and we can call it the "do less with more" bowl.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I tend to agree. Thats what a crappy end to the season and horrible weather will get ya. Thats why the warmer states have their pick. Well, that and all the under the table perks.Lol. If you ain't winning and you are in the North, good luck to ya!
Thats what worries me the most about this whole deal at Nebraska. Every coach that comes in takes a look at the place, with all the tradition , Great Fans, and All the Resources at their disposal and thinks this is going to get done. No. Nebraska is not an easy sell when you compare them to every other college in the nation. Every school has positives and negatives. I wish it was different, because Nebraska is my Life, but living down south I do see the truth. I have no doubt the people on the west coast can say the same thing.
idk... maybe I am just a little depressed tonight for other reasons and am leaning one way more than I should. Goodnight all.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
I tend to agree. Thats what a crappy end to the season and horrible weather will get ya. Thats why the warmer states have their pick. Well, that and all the under the table perks.Lol. If you ain't winning and you are in the North, good luck to ya!
Thats what worries me the most about this whole deal at Nebraska. Every coach that comes in takes a look at the place, with all the tradition , Great Fans, and All the Resources at their disposal and thinks this is going to get done. No. Nebraska is not an easy sell when you compare them to every other college in the nation. Every school has positives and negatives. I wish it was different, because Nebraska is my Life, but living down south I do see the truth. I have no doubt the people on the west coast can say the same thing.
idk... maybe I am just a little depressed tonight for other reasons and am leaning one way more than I should. Goodnight all.
I think the bolded part is correct. If there's one thing I can't stand more than anything else it's defeatism. And that's basically what this post is. You say every school has positives and negatives and then you turn around and act like we don't have any. Oh, and you say if you ain't winning and you are in the North, good luck to ya? I point out to you Notre Dame again. 4-8 and last time I checked, South Bend is pretty cold in the winter.

Last edited:
I think the bolded part is correct. If there's one thing I can't stand more than anything else it's defeatism. And that's basically what this post is. You say every school has positives and negatives and then you turn around and act like we don't have any. Oh, and you say if you ain't winning and you are in the North, good luck to ya? I point out to you Notre Dame again. 4-8 and last time I checked, South Bend is pretty cold in the winter.
Columbus Ohio is just like the Bahamas

Reactions: huskerfan1414
academics a major, major calling card for ND.
But 5-7 doesn't?

Personal opinion, this has more to do with his first offer [Herman at Houston] then getting our ass handed to us 3 weeks ago.

i think its pretty easy to get a pass on year 1 from recruits. right now, we prob could use this bowl win to get a little momentum.

academics a major, major calling card for ND.

i think its pretty easy to get a pass on year 1 from recruits. right now, we prob could use this bowl win to get a little momentum.
OK-I give you Michigan State at #28. Not great, but a lot better than you would expect from a team that went 3-9 this year. So what's the reason for that? Academics? Weather? People want simple, easy answers for why players commit and decommit to schools and they just aren't there and never will be. Funny too that I don't seem to recall people being concerned about blowout losses affecting recruiting under the previous coach. Now all of the sudden they're a big deal?

Last edited:
But 5-7 doesn't?

Personal opinion, this has more to do with his first offer [Herman at Houston] then getting our ass handed to us 3 weeks ago.
Personal opinions aside, going 5-7 in the regular season, but ultimately 6-7 overall - yielded Nebraska the 26th ranked class. That isn't going to get it done, and it is hardly on par with what we expected out of Riley when he was hired.

I remember seeing tons of posts with the claim of, "if Riley can recruit like he did at Oregon State, just imagine what he will do at Nebraska."

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Personal opinions aside, going 5-7 in the regular season, but ultimately 6-7 overall - yielded Nebraska the 26th ranked class. That isn't going to get it done, and it is hardly on par with what we expected out of Riley when he was hired.

I remember seeing tons of posts with the claim of, "if Riley can recruit like he did at Oregon State, just imagine what he will do at Nebraska."
I am not going to hit the panic button until the recruiting is done on signing day. And if we are struggling to fill out our class on that day and end up ranked in the 30's or 40's then I will be the first to say that this staff blew it. Right now I am just "concerned".

The thing that puzzles me the most is that we seem to be struggling for recruits at positions of little depth and greatest need. But none of us knows what is really going on behind the scenes. And the two cases (Porcher and Leitao) seem unrelated. Porcher decided to stay close to home and Leitao has caught the scent of Herman and the potential of a resurgent Texas. He is from Oklahoma after all so playing the Big 12 might seem more attractive to him.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Penn State suffered a blow out loss to Michigan early in the season. And yet, they won the B1G. Sometimes blow outs happen. Under Bo they happened every year for seven years. If that trend continues under Riley next year and beyond, then he too will be another failed Nebraska coach. But the mere presence of two blow out losses this year, when our defensive line was so thin and our QB injured, does not keep me awake at night. Not yet. Next year is a HUGE year for Riley.

Reactions: Digger6185
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT