ADVERTISEMENT

Latest D1Baseball Field of 64

coolonetoo

Junior
May 12, 2003
Kendall Rogers and company project Nebraska as #2 seed in the Norman regional hosted by #10 national seed Oklahoma.

Please, please, PLEASE!!!

I assume you mean host. Because if we do that we're definitely in the conversation to host
Perhaps. I’m not sure I can see the RPI getting into the teens even with 7 more wins. Too much damage has been done with midweek meltdowns.

Perhaps. I’m not sure I can see the RPI getting into the teens even with 7 more wins. Too much damage has been done with midweek meltdowns.
According to @NU HZKRZ just sweeping this weekend gets us back on the bubble to host. He's much much more informed on these things than I am

Correct however, Michigan State will have to remain in the Q2 category.

There's more to it, but a 3-0 weekend puts us right back on the bubble.
I hope you're right but I'm not as optimistic. Can winning out result in an RPI approaching 15? I think that's what it would take.

I hope you're right but I'm not as optimistic. Can winning out result in an RPI approaching 15? I think that's what it would take.
Northern teams can sometimes host in the upper teens.

We just moved up to #27 tonight. We probably want to enter the B1G tournament in the low 20s to have a shot.

Indiana St is #10 and probably locked in to host, so we'd have to take a host from a southern team.

To be clear, it is a long shot, but the window doesn't appear to be closed.

Unable to answer due to unknown Quad games in the B1G tournament. I don't think a 15 RPI is needed though. Once the seeding is finalized, it'll be clearer. Hosting is irrelevant though without Friday & Saturday.

Reactions: RobsterMobster
Just an interesting talking point and an oddly crazy result. Didn’t even play any Quad 1 or 2 games.

I was tracking D1 hockey this last winter just as something to do (then UNO caught fire toward the end and it got interesting). This is worse than Stonehill's 1-33-0 D1 hockey season. Holy moly.

@coolonetoo

Our bracket in the B1G tournament set up nicely, had we swept Sparty - or beat SDSU - then we'd be in a position to host (still on the bubble) heading in to conference tournament play.

Game 1 = Quad 2
Game 2 = Quad 2 (Ind or Purd)
Game 3 = Quad 2 (any of 3)

^^ 3-0 and we'd be around 16-19 RPI ^^

Illinois would've been ideal B1G title game as that would've been a Q1 followed by Michigan at Q2. Ioa & PSU would've been worse case to play.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
@coolonetoo

Our bracket in the B1G tournament set up nicely, had we swept Sparty - or beat SDSU - then we'd be in a position to host (still on the bubble) heading in to conference tournament play.

Game 1 = Quad 2
Game 2 = Quad 2 (Ind or Purd)
Game 3 = Quad 2 (any of 3)

^^ 3-0 and we'd be around 16-19 RPI ^^

Illinois would've been ideal B1G title game as that would've been a Q1 followed by Michigan at Q2. Ioa & PSU would've been worse case to play.
You think if we pull off the sweep we can increase our rpi 12-15 spots? Hope we can do it and hope you’re correct

The post you quoted was based on regular season (beating SDSU or sweeping Sparty) then the B1G tournaments first 3 games going 3-0...

It's moot now.
Maybe.. maybe not. Nebraska is currently sitting at 27. Sweeping the BIG tourney could certainly push them to 19.

Maybe.. maybe not. Nebraska is currently sitting at 27. Sweeping the BIG tourney could certainly push them to 19.

Nebraska is 31.

The point of being on the host bubble, prior to the B1G tournament, is moot.

Other teams around us, ahead of us & right behind us have better opportunities in conference tournaments to jump in the RPI.

Current BA projection …

Chapel Hill, N.C.Stillwater, Okla.
1. (2) North Carolina^*1. (15) Oklahoma State^
2. Oregon2. Nebraska
3. Charleston*3. Northeastern
4. Penn*4. Lamar*

Last edited:
Current BA projection …

Chapel Hill, N.C.Stillwater, Okla.
1. (2) North Carolina^*1. (15) Oklahoma State^
2. Oregon2. Nebraska
3. Charleston*3. Northeastern
4. Penn*4. Lamar*
I would rather play Oklahoma than Okie State in that stupid bandbox of a ballpark. But give me Stillwater over anything east of Tulsa.

Final D1Baseball projection is Nebraska in the Lexington regional hosted by #2 national seed Kentucky.
They had a live stream building their projection. At first they were going to put NU in the Norman regional because "it's a close enough drive", then, I swear, dude looked it up and said "I guess not" and they flipped it to Lexington.

The committee gave more respect to the Big Ten and Nebraska than I was expecting. A solid landing spot for NU and Indiana got a bid.

Reactions: sklarbodds
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT