ADVERTISEMENT

Latest Bracketology....

cdriftt24

Redshirt Freshman
Dec 29, 2012
Lunardi still has Nebraska as a First Four out and Michigan as a 5 seed. I just don't get how they can think Texas & Oklahoma are locks when they have been obviously not that great. Oklahoma I get has 6 top 50 wins but have lost 7 of 8. Texas has a 7-10 record in conference????

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Lunardi still has Nebraska as a First Four out and Michigan as a 5 seed. I just don't get how they can think Texas & Oklahoma are locks when they have been obviously not that great. Oklahoma I get has 6 top 50 wins but have lost 7 of 8. Texas has a 7-10 record in conference????
Bias and corruption. No way in hell 7-10 conf record gets in before us.

Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Texas all are projected to be in Baylor has the best conference record at 8-9.... the other 3 all have 7-10 conference records and no more than 17 wins???? I mean I get the B1G isn't as good as usual but that seems like some BS to me?

The committee had stated over and over again that conference record and conference finish are not factors.

Arizona State is 7-9 and currently in 9th place in a really weak conference, and they're still going to get in.

Reactions: HuskAir
I kinda think even a win vs Michigan Friday wont be enough...there is going to a few bid stealers next week. there are every year

Reactions: TheNewNU
Quality wins. Nebraska only has one. Maybe we get in, but you can easily make the argument for a lot of teams over a Nebraska team that only beat one good team. Not all records are created equal, and who you beat counts more than racking up wins over bad teams

Wasn't Minn pretty highly ranked when we beat them, then injuries hit or suspensions. Just win 3 in a row

Wasn't Minn pretty highly ranked when we beat them, then injuries hit or suspensions. Just win 3 in a row

The committee needs to take this is to consideration if they are talking about the body of work for the whole season...And I think they will... First things First beat Michigan..

Reactions: tpmcg and planored
The committee had stated over and over again that conference record and conference finish are not factors.
False... They have never said that. Bruce has stated multiple times that committee members can do whatever they want in order to determine who they think is the best team. Certain things are focal points but things go Way Beyond what is listed in the media

If Nebraska and Penn State knew they were going to go 1-1 against each other, they should have agreed to win on each other's road, so they could both have a higher quality win.

Adam said on Carriker Chronicles the other day that no BIG10 team with at least 20 wins and fewer than 7 conference losses has ever missed the tourney. Looking like we could be the first

It's probably going to take two wins.

If one win against Michigan isn't enough, why exactly would two wins against them be good enough? Nebraska needs a win against a legit good team. Michigan State.

Michigan beat MSU by ten in East Lansing. They are legit.

Reactions: ellobo
I believe I heard that we would get credit for who/what Minn was at the time we played them

If one win against Michigan isn't enough, why exactly would two wins against them be good enough?
For starters, a win on Friday would be on a neutral court - which carries more weight than a home win no matter who you are playing.

And, two wins over a good team are always better than one win over a good team. Whether it would be enough to get NU into the tournament, who knows? But it's not like beating Michigan on Friday is meaningless just because the Huskers already beat them.

Reactions: saluno22
There is an article out of Indy, on how bad Jim Delany f'd this up. Like we needed RU or Maryland. No disrespect to them and welcome aboard, but the committee is going to have a week to sit around and evaluate our CC. Stupid. Maybe good, more than likely bad.

NYC? LOLOLOL. I am from Iowa. No connection to that city and culture, what so ever.

It's probably going to take two wins.

If one win against Michigan isn't enough, why exactly would two wins against them be good enough? Nebraska needs a win against a legit good team. Michigan State.
Michigan is a projected 5 seed.... that’s a good team and would be a good win. I think there’s a chance we get in even with a close loss. Win and we’re in for sure I think

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I’m pulling for Iowa over Michigan. Believe that would result in Huskers advancing to Semi’s. Can’t see Iowa pulling off three in a row.

Adam said on Carriker Chronicles the other day that no BIG10 team with at least 20 wins and fewer than 7 conference losses has ever missed the tourney. Looking like we could be the first
If Michigan or Ohio State were in the exact same position I bet conference and overall record would count for something. Or look at Texas. Even if the Big 12 was a little better 7-10 is not in the same ballpark with 13-5. I guess we will see how it all works out .

I'm also guessing every prior Big 10 team with 20 wins and fewer than 7 conference losses had more than one Top 50 win. It was a historically bad season for the Big 10, with 7 teams not even in the Top 100 RPI. For comparison, the Big 12 only has 1 team not in the Top 100 RPI, and the SEC only has 2.

You generally have to beat more than one good team to get an at-large bid. That's just the way it is. I'd be curious to see how many teams with only one Top 50 win have received at-large bids in the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: husker2612
If Michigan or Ohio State were in the exact same position I bet conference and overall record would count for something. Or look at Texas. Even if the Big 12 was a little better 7-10 is not in the same ballpark with 13-5. I guess we will see how it all works out .

I’d bet a buffalo nickel that if we had “Indiana” on our jerseys instead of “Nebraska,” we would be a lock for a 7 or 8 seed.

This. It's all total bias and corruption!

Maybe. I firmly believe we deserve to be in if they truly want the best At Large teams. With that said, our resume has some holes like every other bubble team. When people say we don't have enough "good" wins they aren't lying. Syracuse losing last night really helped....if we can beat Mich Friday assuming they win today it will greatly improve our metrics and give us another tier 1 win and our resume will start to look a hell of a lot better.

I will be in Michigan working- but will take the time off to watch the game

Last time I was there (same city)- I about got beat up by 3 young toughs at a sports bar who got after me for rooting for Ohio State in a non conference football game. They were legit pissed and wouldnt relent about changing the channel- nor would I- I just asked them if there was going to be a real issue that would have to be settled- at least let's wait until I finished watching the game and had one more cold one. ;) Real jerks

Same place just 2 blocks from my hotel with BTN- should be interesting

Nebraska basketball has no name recognition. They have to do extra to prove they belong. Sucks, but it is what it is I guess. What I don't agree with is teams like Oklahoma getting in. Basically what that is saying is conf record and reg season record mean very little. Just win 2-3 games against good teams and your in. They have lost the last 8 of 10 for F sake. Their best win was Kansas earlier in the year. Who they also just lost to by like 30. Teams change throughout the year. Would think they would want the best basketball teams right now. Not 2 months ago. To me being a consistently good team throughout the year should factor more heavily into a couple good games.

Last edited:
I'm also guessing every prior Big 10 team with 20 wins and fewer than 7 conference losses had more than one Top 50 win. It was a historically bad season for the Big 10, with 7 teams not even in the Top 100 RPI. For comparison, the Big 12 only has 1 team not in the Top 100 RPI, and the SEC only has 2.

You generally have to beat more than one good team to get an at-large bid. That's just the way it is. I'd be curious to see how many teams with only one Top 50 win have received at-large bids in the past.

A) BPI = Nebraska has 10 Top 100 Wins "3(Top 50)"
B) RPI = Nebraska has 3 Top 100 Wins "1(Top 50)
C) SOR = Nebraska has 8 Top 100 Wins "2(Top 50)"
D) Kenpom = Nebraska has 9 Top 100 Wins "3 (Top 50)"

If this was a math problem in school and the question asked "Which one doesn't fit in?" The Answer would be "B"

There will only be about 10 teams looked at for the last 4-6 spots. With all the automatic qualifiers and obvious low RPI's making up about 55-60 of the spots. Those last 10 teams will be looked at hard outside the normal RPI's and power rankings. This is where Nebraska's "hot" finish to the year will garner them some points. This is where the "eyeball" test gets used. The key is do enough to get into that group of 10.

We went up 5 spots on the RPI over night to number 51. Depending on the number of surprise teams that win conference tournaments....getting around 50 on the RPI gets you included in that last group of 10. We win Friday and our RPI most likely climbs and we most likely pass the eyeball test in the committee's eyes. We lose and we might not make that group of 10 and we might not pass the eye ball test if we do.

Nebraska basketball has no name recognition. They have to do extra to prove they belong. Sucks, but it is what it is I guess. What I don't agree with is teams like Oklahoma getting in. Basically what that is saying is conf record and reg season record mean very little. Just win 2-3 games against good teams and your in. They have lost the last 8 of 10 for F sake. Their best win was Kansas earlier in the year. Who they also just lost to by like 30. Teams change throughout the year. Would think they would want the best basketball teams right now. Not 2 months ago. To me being a consistently good team throughout the year should factor more heavily into a couple good games.

Ou is an interesting case. They still have a lower RPI of about 36 but their power ranking has climbed to 61st. 10 spots worse than Nebraska. This is usually more of an indicator of what they are right now rather than what they did accumulative over the season. Depending on how their tournament goes OU could find themselves fighting for one of those bubble spots and their cold streak at the end might doom them.

Reactions: husker2612
I understand why the committee values wins against good teams more than consistently beating the teams you should, they're not going to play mediocre teams if they make the tourney, it'll be only good to great teams. But at some point it's clear both from their record and watching them play that they are a good team and given more opportunities to play other good teams (especially later in the year and especially at home) they likely would have more quadrant 1 and 2 wins. Things will change a ton before Selection Sunday but just from watching the team play it's clear they belong.

Reactions: Nebyank
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT