ADVERTISEMENT

Lars Anderson

we have allready addressed this, if a one mr. hugh freeze becomes a orthadox presbyterian, and leave's 304 ho's for the streets...(if he has not it's all cap)...he has a job at NU.......(unless mr. rhule has already signed)
Like I've said ... proof nebraska fans & admin aren't football smart any longer.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
Its tough, but nebraska fans just can't fathom this is happening. There is NO sitting P5 coach that nebraska would want who will touch this job this hiring cycle ... None. Fans of nebraska can't process the fact that it isn't the 90's anymore and what nebraska football has been mired in for 25 years now. The next nebraska coach is one of Rhule, MJ, Patterson, or BoB. Its sad nebraska can't see that Freeze is who they should be goig after.
As yucky as Freeze is, he definitely would win bigly here.

As yucky as Freeze is, he definitely would win bigly here.
He would absolutely kill it at nebraska and bring the swagger back instantly. Freeze + big NIL money = instant success. He can recruit nationally which nebraska needs in its next hc. He can coach, he can recruit, he can bring a F you we're nebraska type attitude again. It's criminal if he isn't the next coach. Rhule & BoB are safe hires. MJ is a huge risk with not much reward if you ask me. Freeze is a straight up win.

Its tough, but nebraska fans just can't fathom this is happening. There is NO sitting P5 coach that nebraska would want who will touch this job this hiring cycle ... None. Fans of nebraska can't process the fact that it isn't the 90's anymore and what nebraska football has been mired in for 25 years now. The next nebraska coach is one of Rhule, MJ, Patterson, or BoB. Its sad nebraska can't see that Freeze is who they should be goig after.
Can’t wait for Kirk to retire and anoint Brian as the next head coach. Fun times ahead.

Please put me on ignore so you never reply to one of my posts again.
Thanks in advance

If it is indeed joseph he will be named soon after the last game of the season. If however it is another coach that coach will be coaching his team in post season. The key is how long it takes Trev Alberts to name the new coach, I wouldn't expect name to be announced anytime soon.

If it is indeed joseph he will be named soon after the last game of the season. If however it is another coach that coach will be coaching his team in post season. The key is how long it takes Trev Alberts to name the new coach, I wouldn't expect name to be announced anytime soon.
These days not every coach with a current job wants to wait until after a bowl game for an official announcement to be made. Depends on the coach but nowadays they often want to get a head start on recruiting for a new school with the early signing period being so important. Remember Frost himself was announced before his bowl game and then still allowed to coach in that bowl game. That of course depends on mutual agreement by the two schools involved.

I still don’t care about Iowa State. In fact that’s the first time I think I’ve actually typed it in years.

anyway, that’s all I have to say about that.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

There is no reason to be ignorant and I assun,me you must just be an Iowa State Troll!, Surely you arent stupid enough to believe what you are saying.

Long time?
Lets Go back and look at the last 20 years since your statement above is preceding that but yet you still use the comparison "Been a better program for a long time!"

In the last 20 years Iowa State has had 1 season in which it won 9 or more games!
Nebraska has had 10

In the last 20 years Iowa State has been bowling 10 times with 4 wins
Nebraska has been bowling 12 times with 6 wins

In the last 20 years Iowa State has been ranked top 25 at the end of the season ONE time and that ironically was the same season half the nation didnt play or played shortened seasons, That is the same outlier covid season Iowa had their ONLY 9 win season in 20 years.
Nebraska has been ranked 6 end of year times and ranked during season 12
Iowa State brags like that is an accomplishment 1/20 end of season ranking and Nebraska fans are disappointed with the 6/20

Who has been the better program for "a long time?"
Iowa State was never a program until Nebraska got Frostbitten. Hell HCMR had as many 9 win seasons at Nebraska in two years as Campbell has had in 7 and then he needed the Covid to open the door!
Lofl. Call the police, @Goosee Just got murdered.

These days not every coach with a current job wants to wait until after a bowl game for an official announcement to be made. Depends on the coach but nowadays they often want to get a head start on recruiting for a new school with the early signing period being so important. Remember Frost himself was announced before his bowl game and then still allowed to coach in that bowl game. That of course depends on mutual agreement by the two schools involved.
I understand that, I'm just saying I believe if Joseph isn't named HC following the Iowa game it will become pretty obvious he's not going to get the job. The new coach I feel will be named sometime later on which means absolutely nothing it's just a hunch something we all have in common. jmo

I understand that, I'm just saying I believe if Joseph isn't named HC following the Iowa game it will become pretty obvious he's not going to get the job. The new coach I feel will be named sometime later on which means absolutely nothing it's just a hunch something we all have in common. jmo

If Joseph is the hire - what possible benefit would there be in waiting to make an announcement

either it is someone else or they are still searching for someone else

Last edited:
if it's mickey it will be announced before the iowa game, if not it will be right after the iowa game.
I'm thinking it's rhule after the iowa game but mickey will continue with the team either as wr coach but more then likely co oc with rhule..then nc state or houstons dc will be named..

If Joseph is the hire - what possible benefit would there be in waiting to make an announcement

either it is someone else or they are still searching for someone else
I agree. I think if it is MJ you had to announce before this game and hold a presser and let MJ lay out his vision for the program. This week could get ugly. If Mj was the guy. They needed to try an rally support for him before this game.

I agree. I think if it is MJ you had to announce before this game and hold a presser and let MJ lay out his vision for the program. This week could get ugly. If Mj was the guy. They needed to try an rally support for him before this game.
Indeed - epic fail if it does end up being him

Last edited:
This can’t drag on past Thanksgiving. That would be disastrous

How? I would even say the earliest would be the Saturday after Thanksgiving and more likely that Sunday..
I’m talking in to December. I’ve posted before that I think we’ll have the name be the first business day after Black Friday which would be Monday. Pray that this doesn’t turn in to a deal where we end up waiting for Bill Callahan….

I guess I always consider Thanksgiving as the whole weekend

Of course it will. Our entire season has to play out under Mickey, with the likely outcome that his job audition was not sufficient to win the job. It has to be demonstrated that he was given a fair shot with no meddling by the AD.

Meanwhile, Trev is free to do an exhaustive search and interview process such that he has his guy locked in and ready to go by the end of the month. A big Saturday morning announcement, lots of excitement, now let's get back to restoring Nebraska to greatness. Yada yada. That sort of thing. (We've seen it before) That's how I think this thing goes down

I’m talking in to December. I’ve posted before that I think we’ll have the name be the first business day after Black Friday which would be Monday. Pray that this doesn’t turn in to a deal where we end up waiting for Bill Callahan….

Agree. If it goes more than a couple days beyond Black Friday, we are unprepared.

It's likely coming a day or so after the Iowa game. BUT getting the right guy is ALWAYS more important than hurrying up the announcement. For example, IF there was a star coach who didn't want the announcement to happen right away because of his current commitment, then I'd rather wait than rush ahead with someone else. Don't think that' the case but we just don't know what is going on behind the scenes.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Agree. If it goes more than a couple days beyond Black Friday, we are unprepared.
The one caveat might be conference championship games. I hadn’t thought of that

if it’s Mickey or Rhule we’ll know by the Monday after Thanksgiving. If we don’t hear a name by then it’s a coach coaching in a conference championship game. That could mean a coordinator.

Last edited:

I always figure Thanksgiving as Thursday through Sunday, or I'm done cooking and my wife and daughter are done shopping.

Whichever comes first.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT