ADVERTISEMENT

Lacy N

You might be the biggest douche on this board. I suggest you, nda, and grumpy dog have a circle jerk to relieve yourselfs..
circlejerk.gif
giphy.gif

The worst part about this commit is having to wait until signing day. This is one impressive prospect. He has quickness and power. 10.7 speed. 200 lbs. Great hands. Some of his best highlights are as a receiver. He's playing against the best competition in Texas HS football and he stands out. I'd take him in an instant as either a RB or WR.
I was sad to see us lose a prospect as good as Ajay Allen. This commit makes me feel much better. IMO this is an upgrade.

Those weren't committable offers lol....no recruit with legit offers from Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, and Tennessee, would have a Top 4 of Arizona State, Baylor, Nebraska, and Ole Miss...as this article points out: https://www.cornnation.com/2023/6/2...ommits-to-nebraska-had-30-offers-huskers-news.

Regardless, hopefully Barthel can develop him into a great back
Eh… he’s got a legit chance for early PT here. Wouldn’t have that @ championship-caliber programs.

Is 5A the top class in TX?

For some reason I thought they had 6A, but could be wrong

Is 5A the top class in TX?

For some reason I thought they had 6A, but could be wrong
There's a Division 6. But Lancaster last year played a schedule including Longview and Denton Guyer (both losses for Lancaster). They beat South Oak Cliff. Finished second behind Longview in their division.

There's a lot of big time talent on the field when Lacy's playing.

RBs in the NFL

Ohio St: 2

Wondering about those #’s especially tOSU? Think that’s 4 or should be. JK in BAL. Sermon in Philly. Samuel is a bit sneaky because he played RB @ tOSU but mostly plays WR in the league now with WAS, and Elliot is a FA but obviously will be picked up by someone.

Sorry not trying to be a dick but that one was obviously wrong. tOSU puts RBs in the league

Reactions: BleedRed78
From Luke Mullin's story in the LJS:
Other key offers: Arizona State, Baylor, Miami, Mississippi, TCU.

From Sam McKewon's story in the OWH:
NU beat out several Big 12 and SEC schools – including Baylor, TCU and Ole Miss – for Lacy, one of the top runners in Texas.

Were they "lazy"?
Lacy himself tweeted out his final list so they may have just gone with that. But even at that, didn't Rhule's tweet indicate that someone was dropping the ball? Wasn't Ole Miss slow playing him? But even at that, I do not care if this kid is a two star or four star or if Ole Miss had him at #1 or #3.

Those weren't committable offers lol....no recruit with legit offers from Alabama, Ohio State, Michigan, and Tennessee, would have a Top 4 of Arizona State, Baylor, Nebraska, and Ole Miss...as this article points out: https://www.cornnation.com/2023/6/2...ommits-to-nebraska-had-30-offers-huskers-news.

Regardless, hopefully Barthel can develop him into a great back
Lacy had a good sophomore year. Got a lot of attention and likely where some of those offers came from. In his JR, transferred HS too I believe a higher division and had to share duties with an incoming SR Kyson Brown who eventually signed with Arizona State. Brown basically had the better year between him and Lacy. Likely turned some of those sophomore offers cold because he moved up but didn’t perform at sophomore level and was a little outshined (Bama, TN, tOSU, etc)… Big programs probably offered incase he performed well at higher level

That’s ok. He’s a track guy like Rhule likes and meets the kind of recruit Rhule likes if he can’t get the top tier guys.

Reactions: Huzkers25
There's a Division 6. But Lancaster last year played a schedule including Longview and Denton Guyer (both losses for Lancaster). They beat South Oak Cliff. Finished second behind Longview in their division.

There's a lot of big time talent on the field when Lacy's playing.
Oh yeah, I fully agree

TCU was in the natty last and he had a commitable offer and listed TCU as a finalist. So again you are wrong.
Fine, partially wrong. But mostly right. Looks like an absolute stud…

Wondering about those #’s especially tOSU? Think that’s 4 or should be. JK in BAL. Sermon in Philly. Samuel is a bit sneaky because he played RB @ tOSU but mostly plays WR in the league now with WAS, and Elliot is a FA but obviously will be picked up by someone.

Sorry not trying to be a dick but that one was obviously wrong. tOSU puts RBs in the league
I didn't confirm the numbers, but this is where I got them.

Dobbins & Sermon are the only 2 listed, but you're right on Elliot, so give them 3.

Point is, it's not like they're blowing ASU, Ole Miss out of the water with NFL RBs.

I counted Cordarrelle Patterson as RB for the Vols, but he's probably more of a WR, no? Idk, but he's obviously a RB/WR hybrid.

Reactions: Yantzeee
First of all, a great pick up for you guys. Looks like a great player and the type Rhule is trying to recruit. Fast and being able to play different positions. As for who offers, who cares. I look at offers and have they visited any schools, unofficially or an official visit. No one really know.
What matters on offers, do they get a written offer in August or not. Schools do over 200 verbal offers but do not send out that many written offers.
I remember a recruit for Iowa had plenty of verbal offers from big schools but when the written offers came out he only had 2, one from the Hawks and another one.
Wish rival could show written offers in the profiles.
Anyway nice pick up, looks like he could play early.

Lacy had a good sophomore year. Got a lot of attention and likely where some of those offers came from. In his JR, transferred HS too I believe a higher division and had to share duties with an incoming SR Kyson Brown who eventually signed with Arizona State. Brown basically had the better year between him and Lacy. Likely turned some of those sophomore offers cold because he moved up but didn’t perform at sophomore level and was a little outshined (Bama, TN, tOSU, etc)… Big programs probably offered in case he performed well at higher level

That’s ok. He’s a track guy like Rhule likes and meets the kind of recruit Rhule likes if he can’t get the top tier guys.
Good post. That seems to happen a lot. SEC programs in particular offer kids early. But the offer is more like telling the kid "We see you" but really nothing more than that. If the kid doesn't have a great junior year, nothing really becomes of that early offer. NU has gotten several four stars in the past few years who fit that scenario (most of Frost's four star kids in fact- but that's a long story). Most recently Dae'vonn Hall had exactly that happen to him. He had a "down" junior year (not really) and those early SEC offers turned out not to be actual offers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT