ADVERTISEMENT

Lacy

Ice T No GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Stay healthy and keep the ball in your hands, these three can combine for 2000-2500 amongst the three of them of the line keeps getting better.

Rhamir is admirable but not a difference maker. Gabe? He's been an annual injury, missed rest of year guy. Hope the best for him but from a practical standpoint it would be foolish to pencil him in.
Yeah. Barring injury though, they will be solid back ups to Emmett. It’s his starting job to lose imo. I think he’ll go to the league.

WARNING: Completely emotion-based observation.......

I'm the biggest fan of Rhamir that you will find. All the dude has ever done is all that's been asked of him. When we were low on RBs, he was there. When we were low on receivers, he was there. The guy has been a friggin' warrior.

At this point, Emmett is the best RB we have coming back. He's been handicapped by loaded boxes in 23. If we get a QB that can pull the LBs and safeties out of the box, I think he'll be electric.

But I love me some Rhamir. That dude is just.....a dude.

No its not.

The other 2 are average at best
Average and highly injury prone.
Ervin has never rushed for over 200 yards in his three seasons. Not a game, seasons.

Ramhir's played in five seasons now and except for being forced into action a couple of years ago where he had 500 yards the rest of his seasons work look like something Rex Burkhead or Mike Rozier would put together in a single quarter. And he's had a few disappointing slip ups that may have cost us a game or two.

Realizing they've played behind epic bad offensive lines but my eyes tell me they would be easily replaceable.

It’s not good enough
not even close.

Rahmir has been playing college football for 4 (5?) seasons. I don't know if he's ever totaled 400 yards.

Gabe is damaged goods. it would be foolish to count on him ever returning to his true frosh form.

EJ is a nice looking back but for whatever reason we were scared to death to give him any kind of heavy load of touches. who knows about Ives.

mizzou gives the ball to their RB 25x+ per game

not even close.

Rahmir has been playing college football for 4 (5?) seasons. I don't know if he's ever totaled 400 yards.

Gabe is damaged goods. it would be foolish to count on him ever returning to his true frosh form.

EJ is a nice looking back but for whatever reason we were scared to death to give him any kind of heavy load of touches. who knows about Ives.

We have no choice now. Either find a decent portal back or find a really good hs back. Can't roll with just EJ and can't take another multi-year project like Ives. We need real depth.

@HBK4life

Can you throw together a montage of the available RB's on the market? TIA.
  1. Trevor Etienne, Florida, 131 carries, 753 yards, 5.7 ypc, 172 receiving yards in 2023, two years left
  2. Mario Anderson, South Carolina, 143, 707, 4.9, 153, one year
  3. Donald Chaney, Miami (Fla.), 94, 478, 5.1, 15, two years
  4. Ayo Adeyi, North Texas, 143, 1017, 7.1, 52, one year
  5. Nate Noel, Appalachian State, 173, 834, 4.8, 86, one year

not even close.

Yeah, we need to pursue someone ASAP. Outside of EJ is the only one I have any trust in. You are correct Gabe is damaged, but he also just wasn't good. I like Rahmir as well, but agree. Need RB's baaaad+

1. Trevor Etienne, Florida, 131 carries, 753 yards, 5.7 ypc, 172 receiving yards in 2023, two years left
  2. Mario Anderson, South Carolina, 143, 707, 4.9, 153, one year
  3. Donald Chaney, Miami (Fla.), 94, 478, 5.1, 15, two years
  4. Ayo Adeyi, North Texas, 143, 1017, 7.1, 52, one year
  5. Nate Noel, Appalachian State, 173, 834, 4.8, 86, one year
Is Etienne still visiting? Or has that vanished?

My guy Jordan Waters is still available in the portal, I will continue to foolishly hope he ends up at Nebraska so I can continue to root for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT