ADVERTISEMENT

Lack of commits.

Iowa has more than 3 kids that want to come here.

1254172884282.jpg
May doesn't really matter all that much. Will see who comes out better in Feb. Like always guessing it will be Nebraska. I will save you the line "BUT IOWA IS STILL BETTER" With which I respond, WAS BETTER.

May doesn't really matter all that much. Will see who comes out better in Feb. Like always guessing it will be Nebraska. I will save you the line "BUT IOWA IS STILL BETTER" With which I respond, WAS BETTER.
What do you mean "was" better? Did Nebraska win something recently that I'm unaware of?

Like always, Nebraska will be better.

https://bigten.org/sports/2018/6/19/FB_0619184125.aspx
https://www.foxsports.com/college-football/standings?season=2018&group=11
https://bigten.org/sports/2018/6/6/sports-m-footbl-archive-fb-confsked16-html.aspx
https://bigten.org/sports/2018/6/6/sports-m-footbl-standings-m-footbl-2015-standings-html.aspx

Like always.

Just wait, just wait. This ain't Smilin Mikes team anymore. Things are changing fast. You can ask any husker fan if those other hires had them as excited and positive as Frost. If they could see as many changes in the S&C. In the player mentality. I know most fans outside of Nebraska don't get it, but I promise this time is different. Iowa will see soon enough and for years and years to come.

Reactions: bshirt73
I know the longer these go, the initial point gets lost. I was not questioning the recruiting strategy. I don't and I venture to say not a single person on here really knows what it is. Offering a ton of scholarships is not itself a strategy although it may be part of the overall strategy.

I am fully aware of the challenges of the remoteness of Nebraska and the lack of top end talent in the state and area. That is why SF made the comment about making inroads to the St. Louis area.

The 5* comment, as stated in the original post, was intended as an example. The data supplied by 2612 is good and points out in some positions how the top guys are substantially reduced. The point is the longer it goes, more of the top players come off the list. So to say, ah well, it is just June so it doesn't matter. Well, it does to a certain extent as the players available in the pool is reduced.

I do agree getting the seasons turned around will make a big difference. Getting some kids in the league will also help. Right now, Scott and Co. have to sell the future and what they accomplished in Florida. Eventually that will change. Obviously this all works out but when one is downplaying only having 3 commits would hopefully rather have 10 high rated commits at this time that were the pick of the liter.
Bottom line is a kid is much more likely to make an unofficial visit to a place he’s received an offer from. Then if he does visit, the coaches get to see him in person and decide if he’s worth moving up the list.

Reactions: Top_Gun_
Neb has been in the league since 2011. Why were you over here spouting off when bo was 3-1 on ya? He was mediocre coach at best. So now just the last 4 year matter?
Not correct, I've been posting 5 year results in many spots. Half of a decade. Seems fair. I did 4 above, but I can edit to 5 years, no big deal.

Let me guess -- you'd prefer 25 years.

Bottom line is a kid is much more likely to make an unofficial visit to a place he’s received an offer from. Then if he does visit, the coaches get to see him in person and decide if he’s worth moving up the list.

Ok?

1254172884282.jpg

You'll notice that a chicken sandwich is valued much less than chicken cordon bleu, and a hamburger is considered of less value than a fillet. Good luck with your chicken sandwich and burger.

What doesn't add up is that people don't understand the staff's recruiting strategy. They're extending a boatload of offers to kids they think fit their system BUT those offers are NOT immediate commitments they'd accept.

The staff wants to have their "foot in door" as things shake out to keep their options open but they will only take their top most wants at the beginning of the cycle. Those type of kids of course have lot's and lot's of choices so most of them won't make a quick decision.

It's a good strategy to NOT be settling for good (but less than stellar) recruits - they have their goals set to a higher standard than we've been used to under previous recent regimes.

Very few of your offers have Nebraska in their top 5 and the ones that do, most don't show them as a favorite. There was a discussion on Sirrius XM that talked about Nebraska. and why they could not compete again for National Championships. Among other things, very difficult to get kids to visit Lincoln, not near a large recruiting base like Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan....
too much competition in the Texas market for recruiting.... an area they used to pull recruits from, no recent history of draft picks.
Also mentioned kids do not relate to Nebraska of the 90's. They do not recognize Nebraska as a blue blood school. Very interesting listen.

Very few of your offers have Nebraska in their top 5 and the ones that do, most don't show them as a favorite. There was a discussion on Sirrius XM that talked about Nebraska. and why they could not compete again for National Championships. Among other things, very difficult to get kids to visit Lincoln, not near a large recruiting base like Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan....
too much competition in the Texas market for recruiting.... an area they used to pull recruits from, no recent history of draft picks.
Also mentioned kids do not relate to Nebraska of the 90's. They do not recognize Nebraska as a blue blood school. Very interesting listen.

And yet Nebraska just pulled in a #15 class for 2019 on Rivals. Didn't seem too difficult to get those kids to visit, and Adrian Martinez somehow found his way to Lincoln.

You need the right group of coaches and commitment, and a plan that tells players you're going to compete at a high level. Nebraska will keep getting solid classes going forward.

Last edited:
And you've been doing that since the 1920's? Point being?
It took some of the worst teams since the 1950's (Riley era) at Nebraska for iowa to get some wins, but when Pelini was smacking them around, 40 IQ boy wasn't around to pop off back then, and more than likely won't be around much longer to chirp his typical imbecilic drivel.

It took some of the worst teams since the 1950's (Riley era) at Nebraska for iowa to get some wins, but when Pelini was smacking them around, 40 IQ boy wasn't around to pop off back then, and more than likely won't be around much longer to chirp his typical imbecilic drivel.
It’s doesn’t pay to argue with some of those Iowa turds all there good for is coming here spewing out crap just to Wind Up the Nebraska fan. Iowa has and always will be second class to Nebraska. So to most of you Iowa posters piss off

Reactions: F5Tornado

Sigh.. Would you dopes just stop with the nonsense? We just signed a Top 15 class after going 4-8. What do you think a 9+ win season is going to do to our recruiting? Stop trying so hard.

Reactions: SkerInCo
Why don't you worry about your own shitty recruiting? Maybe you can sneak into the top 40 this year.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
Why don't you worry about your own shitty recruiting? Maybe you can sneak into the top 40 this year.

We are currently ranked 17th or 15th, depending on which site you look at. Nebraska is near 50th, with no big name favorites. I chuckled when the headline on the the board read that Nebraska might steal Blaise Gunnerson away from the Cyclones. You are right, times are a changing.

We are currently ranked 17th or 15th, depending on which site you look at. Nebraska is near 50th, with no big name favorites. I chuckled when the headline on the the board read that Nebraska might steal Blaise Gunnerson away from the Cyclones. You are right, times are a changing.
Iowa won't be 17th, or 15th, or whatever high number you want, when the 2020 classes are said and done. No, Iowa will be right around where they finished in 2019. Any more stupid comments, laughing boy?

Iowa won't be 17th, or 15th, or whatever high number you want, when the 2020 classes are said and done. No, Iowa will be right around where they finished in 2019. Any more stupid comments, laughing boy?[/QUOte

Laughing boy? That is quite the diss, here is a comment for you, Nebraska wins a ribbon for recruiting but once again loses to the Hawks.

I agree with this. Anyone who'd even consider ISU doesn't warrant one second of attention from NU. Hope he stays in the cesspool that is your state.

NU will be fine (obviously), iowa will be the exact same. Enjoy your 6-8 wins, keep hanging those outback bowl participation banners and patting yourself on the back for meaningless regular season wins.

we'll be busy polishing our championship trophies.

What doesn't add up is that people don't understand the staff's recruiting strategy. They're extending a boatload of offers to kids they think fit their system BUT those offers are NOT immediate commitments they'd accept.

The staff wants to have their "foot in door" as things shake out to keep their options open but they will only take their top most wants at the beginning of the cycle. Those type of kids of course have lot's and lot's of choices so most of them won't make a quick decision.

It's a good strategy to NOT be settling for good (but less than stellar) recruits - they have their goals set to a higher standard than we've been used to under previous recent regimes.
this sounds logically right to me

I agree the in depth strategy as far as the exact type of players coaches are looking for, we don't know. The overall strategy has been discussed I believe by coaches and reporters in the know. Basically it goes: According to most experts kids now days will not go on official visits unless they have an offer in hand. Frost has said many times, Nebraska sells it self and how important it is to get kids on campus.
As mentioned and known, Nebraska is at a recruiting disadvantage location wise. So it goes without saying that we are going to have to "cast a wider net" than say schools like Alabama. Hence we are going to have way more offers out there. Coaches see a kid with potential they throw out an offer to them. If a kid shows return interest they try to set up a visit and get him on campus. Held has said only a select group of kids from that pool of offers would be allowed to commit at any time. All others are in the "interview" phase. Basically coaches want to talk with them, meet them, see them play in person, meet their family and most importantly try and get them to Lincoln. Coaches have also said they want to make sure they get the right type of kid, not just take the most talented necessarily.
this is what I seem to have heard, also

Frost says we're ahead of where we were last year in recruiting. I think I'll take his word for it for now.

1254172884282.jpg
You may not be fully aware, but you are on a Nebraska board saying iowa has more that 3 kids that want to come here and I believe you. I think the state of iowa truly does have more than 3 kids in it that want to be at Nebraska. I know that I would if I were in iowa.

And you'll sign a class ranked in the 40s in Feb. like you always do. When we blow past you in the recruiting rankings in Sept. or earlier we'll say hello.

you imbeciles are so insecure about yourselves that it would take a nuclear power plant to generate enough voltage to ECT you into coherence

Please send me the clip where they talked about Iowa and their chance to ever be even remotely relevant. Oh they never did? Huh.

Reactions: SOHusker11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT