ADVERTISEMENT

Klatt and Pre-Season coaches poll top 25

The B1G has four teams in the top ten. The SEC also has four. That is what leaps out at me. There really are only two premier conferences.
always like this pre-season (propaganda)

rarely like this post-season (actual results)

pennst too high, as is tradition

Nebraska received 2 votes!!!! Winking

kool-aid-man-pouring-ethanz-fountains-glasses-pmeagjl7gv76dpke.gif

some good first week games that will impact the following week's polls:

#9 penn state @ wvu - here's a statement game - andy kotelnicki gets his first play as o.c. for the lions
#14 clemson @ #1 uga - no bigger game that this one as both are conference favorites
the jacks @ #18 oSu - why anyone would schedule a back-to-back fcs national champion is beyond me
#19 miami @ florida - intrastate rivals get it on - florida has the season's toughest schedule and a hot seat coach
#7 nd @ #20 aTm - collin klein getting his first shot with sec football v. the irish he rejected
#12 lsu @ #23 usc - can't help wonder if lincoln is still in the driver's seat out there or hanging on to the door handle

Michigan will show who they are pretty quickly. Texas in week 2 and USC in week 4.
Holy shat… what an epic season this will be..
I see some of the other matchups this year and it’s freakin awesome.

The new teams in the SEC and B1G have given the season a bunch of new huge games. Guess I have to get YouTube Tv again this Fall

Reactions: RedMyMind
So will we. If we lose to CU we are toast.
I agree CU game is huge for many reasons but many are thinking Michigan rated too high on preseason ratings.

Since we are unrated - I don’t think the proving is as big for us as it is for Michigan on a national level.

Personally I think the mindset shift will be difficult to switch without a win against CU. If we lose … “here we go again”. If we win … “it’s time, lfg!!!” For me this is one of the biggest games of the season even though I think CU will end up with a similar record to last year.

I cannot wait to watch the game at Memorial stadium. It has a chance to be lit and I think DR comes out of it as a national conversation … now on to another shotski of koolaid:)

what do you think Rhule's November record as our coach will be after this year?

I'm hoping for better than 1-7.
not sure. We will have to tune in to find out.
Also, I don't care about last year's November. Rebuild year and all.

not sure. We will have to tune in to find out.
Also, I don't care about last year's November. Rebuild year and all.
fair enough.

when did it stop being a "rebuild year" for Frost in your opinion?

I agree CU game is huge for many reasons but many are thinking Michigan rated too high on preseason ratings.

Since we are unrated - I don’t think the proving is as big for us as it is for Michigan on a national level.

Personally I think the mindset shift will be difficult to switch without a win against CU. If we lose … “here we go again”. If we win … “it’s time, lfg!!!” For me this is one of the biggest games of the season even though I think CU will end up with a similar record to last year.

I cannot wait to watch the game at Memorial stadium. It has a chance to be lit and I think DR comes out of it as a national conversation … now on to another shotski of koolaid:)

Certainly from a desperate fan base perspective, the CU game seems like another program defining moment and a loss is going to be a gut punch. Logically though, if the team emerges through the first 7 games with only 1 loss, even if it is to CU, they still have a great opportunity in front of them to have a very successful season. If they lose to CU and someone else in the first 7 games, the path to a successful season gets significantly harder, at least on paper.

Reactions: RBigredMax
Klatt has really won me over; consistently respectful of our program during our darkest days. I’m ready to say he’s the best thing to come out of Colorado since I-70.

Reactions: leodisflowers
fair enough.

when did it stop being a "rebuild year" for Frost in your opinion?
Pre-portal, it was usually 3 years, depending on how messed up the team was and how quickly it was fixed.
Post-portal, I think 2 years should be enough to get most pieces into place and a new culture solidified. I think Rhule is ahead of schedule.

Reactions: king_kong_
Honestly, when did you think you would ever see both Kansas schools rated ahead of Nebraska? My goodness, we have fallen out of relevance nationally.
so much has changed since the 90s. nil, free agency, coaches, conferences. it's just not the same other than the tradition.

Ole Miss, ND, Mich and Penn St will all finish lower than their pre-season ranking. iowa is way way way overrated. Their schedule is pure trash (fitting) but they still won’t finish in the top 25.

Honestly, when did you think you would ever see both Kansas schools rated ahead of Nebraska? My goodness, we have fallen out of relevance nationally.
That would be like KU not making the NCAA tournament for 7 years straight. Lawrence would be burned to the ground.
Frost was by far the worst Nebraska coach in history.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT