ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk Ferentz SUSPENDED for Recruiting Violations

RedCap

Nebraska Legend
Sep 29, 2001
Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz and wide receivers coach Jon Budmayr will receive a one-game suspension for committing a recruiting violation when courting quarterback Cade McNamara before the transfer portal opened in 2022, a source briefed on the violation said. The suspension is related to an NCAA investigation, but it wasn’t immediately clear whether the sanction is being imposed by Iowa or the NCAA.

LINK

Soooo, he got in nore trouble than Hargod and a host of other more high profile programs....makes sense. Go after the weak old or sickly to make it seem like you have teeth and go deaf dumb and blind for the more high profile coaches and programs....when schools break away from the National Communists Against Athletes (thanks Boz) it will be well deserved when they lose their cash cow.

Soooo, he got in nore trouble than Hargod and a host of other more high profile programs....makes sense. Go after the weak old or sickly to make it seem like you have teeth and go deaf dumb and blind for the more high profile coaches and programs....when schools break away from the National Communists Against Athletes (thanks Boz) it will be well deserved when they lose their cash cow.
I hate Iowa but can’t disagree with this. Why does the NCAA even exist anymore? The P5 schools need to tell them to go pound sand and then form their own new rules with a new organization

Personally I think it is more funny than anything else. The old dog not known for his recruiting prowess got suspended for recruiting a less than stellar transfer player. LOL. In the overall scheme of things, however, it won't matter that much as a one game suspension is more humiliating than consequential.

Umm what?

Harbaugh was suspended multiple games during the greatest season of his life last year, including the two biggest regular season games in michigans entire history

EEJN1lzXsAAHUMi

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Umm what?

Harbaugh was suspended multiple games during the greatest season of his life last year, including the two biggest regular season games in michigans entire history

For what he did, I thought it was to light...but you're right. At least they did, something. Rest of my post stands, CFB history is littered with higher profile coaches and programs who seemingly got away with more than what Kirk is being held accountable for.

I hate Iowa but can’t disagree with this. Why does the NCAA even exist anymore? The P5 schools need to tell them to go pound sand and then form their own new rules with a new organization
Well, I am confused (not unusual). Isn't the NCAA a governing body made up of NCAA schools? So essentially they elected/select people to establish their own rules by which they all supposedly operate. They are self governing and self monitoring are they not? What would be the difference between the current NCAA and a new body, whatever you want to call them?

Reactions: dinglefritz
I agree every program is guilty of this and yet they pick and choose. Sam Hartman announced he was entering the portal one day and announced he was transferring to Notre Dame the next.

Yep!

The NCAA will be gone soon. The P5 schools will form a new type of commis role that works FOR them, not against them. The schools will send their AD's to a few meetings each year to discuss additions/changes to the rules and that will be that.

Well, I am confused (not unusual). Isn't the NCAA a governing body made up of NCAA schools? So essentially they elected/select people to establish their own rules by which they all supposedly operate. They are self governing and self monitoring are they not? What would be the difference between the current NCAA and a new body, whatever you want to call them?
Yes, but there are far too many schools in it from non P5 conferences.

Yes, but there are far too many schools in it from non P5 conferences.
So it becomes a matter of semantics and essentially where the reps come from. We could potentially have different rules for each division of college sports? I can't see that flying.

Bottom line for me anyway, is when people advocate for getting rid of the NCAA, they are advocating replacing it with pretty much the same thing. It pretty much reflects society, they want enforcement of laws, codes, ethics, etc until it negatively affects them. It is probably more of an issue of the NCAA, at least in many people's eyes, of them playing favorites. Perhaps the better idea would be to completely eliminate any NCAA team members or reps from being part of it.

Pretty wild that the NCAA seems to want to pick on certain schools and not others. Double maddening considering Iowa must be the only state that had college kids gambling last year.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Pretty wild that the NCAA seems to want to pick on certain schools and not others. Double maddening considering Iowa must be the only state that had college kids gambling last year.

It's really odd. Do you think it has anything to do with that whole decades of racism and abusing players thing?

Still trying to run this old trope out is like Iowa trying to run out CM this fall.
What old trope? That you had about 50 of your own players who put their signature on a "Iowa football is racist AF" letter?

Are these quotes from your own players fake?

This article is fake?

This settlement was fake?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT