ADVERTISEMENT

Keyshawn Johnson bringing a load of talent to Lincoln this weekend

I'd be leery of anyone involved with one of the hot dogs of all time. Keyshawn Johnson can't live without being in the spotlight.

Originally posted by hddude55:
I'd be leery of anyone involved with one of the hot dogs of all time. Keyshawn Johnson can't live without being in the spotlight.
He is doing those kids and NU a big service. What a great thing for those kids to be able to do.

Do you realize Keyshawn has raised the funds for these kids to visit multiple campuses across the country? It won't cost the players a penny, he is personally responsible from a financial standpoint. It's unfortunate other former NFL players don't do this as they have plenty of resources to give underprivileged prospects an opportunity of a lifetime.

Good for Keyshawn, I applaud him for doing what he does. And will welcome him to Lincoln anytime he wants. This is a HUGE plus for Nebraska.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
Do you realize Keyshawn has raised the funds for these kids to visit multiple campuses across the country? It won't cost the players a penny, he is personally responsible from a financial standpoint. It's unfortunate other former NFL players don't do this as they have plenty of resources to give underprivileged prospects an opportunity of a lifetime.

Good for Keyshawn, I applaud him for doing what he does. And will welcome him to Lincoln anytime he wants. This is a HUGE plus for Nebraska.
Can't say this enough. I wish more former NFL players would do this for kids. I also agree that this is a huge plus for Nebraska and HCMR.

GBR!

Originally posted by jackie_moon33:
Originally posted by jackie_moon33:
Originally posted by Husk10:

Can anyone shed light onto who is coming this weekend (other than Key and his son)?
Sounds like these guys:

Isaiah Hayes ('16 CB)
Michael Pittman ('16 WR)
Marquel Dismuke ('16 S)
Khalil Tate ('16 ATH)
Darnay Holmes ('17 CB)
Terrell Bynum ('17 WR)
Tristan Gebbia ('17 QB)
Jermani Brown ('17 CB)

AND.... Keyshawn Johnson Jr. ('17 WR)
Key Sr. and these boys have a busy weekend planned. They're heading to Texas A&M today, they'll visit Texas on Saturday, then go to Oklahoma Sunday, and then head to Lincoln to visit Nebraska on Monday.

Hopefully they're not too burnt out by the time they get here, but I'm sure Key Sr. will get them excited to meet Riley and Co. and I'm positive the staff will show them a good time! GBR!
Thanks jackie!

Assuming this tour is all about the kids, that's a great gesture on his part. But his history suggests he has been all about himself, one of the best examples of a guy who put the I in team. I recall he has continued to feud with all sorts of folks ranging from Chuckie to Boomer in recent years, so if having him possibly around the NU program as a player's dad doesn't make you a little squeamish, I would wonder why.

I hear ya, he has so much to gain taking underprivileged kids all over the country to visit colleges. It's not like they're athletes with multiple offers from many schools.

I say give him his props. Reminds me of when I took each of my kids around the country to visit colleges they were looking at. It's a great parent/child bonding experience. Sounds like he's taking his son's buds along. Great idea. Good for him. More parents should do similar things if they've got the means to do it.

I am happy Keyshawn is bringing these kids here, and that won't change if not a single one ends up signing here. I hope at least one eventually does. But if not, it's still good to know that a notable character thinks enough of HCMR to make this one of his "key" stops not only for his kid but for his buds as well.

Absolutely!

Once again a former player/colleague/coach...... showing respect for Mike Riley and his coaching abilities. I may have not been a big fan of Keyshawn when he was in the NFL but what he is doing for these kids is great. It also blows me away how much he credits Mike Riley for helping him develop as a player and person. Also don't forget that Steven Jackson came and visited him at Nebraska. I am sure that will come up whenever he is talking to a recruit in the Atlanta area. So far it seems that Coach Riley really gets it and people respect him. Couldn't ask for anything more as our new coach. Respected, moral, PC, polite, happy to be coaching here, organized, good communicator, experienced, well connected, respectful of our history..... I am excited and can't wait for the season to start.

Originally posted by NUSouth:
Let's see how many of them rank their visit a10 and then we never hear from them again.
Why such a defeatist? You get good kids on campus. That's the biggest hurdle. Some of them will want to play here. The more good kids, the more opportunities to land a few. I hate all the mind trash that goes on over here.

My cousin just called and told me Keyshawn and the recruits are here in Austin visiting UT. They were in College Station yesterday and will head to OU tomorrow and then N.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT