ADVERTISEMENT

Keyshawn Johnson bringing a load of talent to Lincoln this weekend

Really suvey? That's the best you got? You ever see Tommy Boy? That was a Tommy Callahan response if I've ever seen one...

you really got me good...

Edit: to be honest, I don't know if you thot I was serious or not, since I didn't have a sarcasm emoticon handy. Could've used a smiley face I guess, just forgot... So to clarify, I was using sarcasm in my first post.
This post was edited on 3/5 1:07 AM by timnsun

I'm also a little surprised you didn't go after Lincoln like you did me... You could have said something like, "lulz, you're so old and smiles a lot..." That would have been awesome!

This post was edited on 3/5 1:33 AM by timnsun

Originally posted by timnsun:
He's also a career .500 coach... Or just a shade better...
So was Pete Carroll (33-31) before USC gave him an opportunity for a second act.

Lots of coaches with a bigger name recognition couldn't have even gone .500 (or a shade better) at Oregon State.

Totally agree litespeed... I've posted numerous coaches like that over the time since Riley's hire. My favorite has been saban...

Admittedly, I missed your second post explaining you were being sarcastic with the first one. I didn't pick up on it and was being a smart alek in my reply to you with Carroll's record. My bad.

I forgot about Saban as well, you are right, another great example of a guy who everyone thought could coach and when put in the right situation, his record eventually proved them right.

tumblr_ltrjw896X91qj4qpio1_400.gif

nm.
This post was edited on 3/5 8:19 AM by tpmcg

Back to the op before the cat fight broke out.

I am thrilled to see that it will be 60 degrees and sunny for the Cali kids this weekend!
3dsmile.r191677.gif
Keyshawns boy has an unbelievable offer list already as a junior. If we can land him, that would be a huge get and great exposure for the program because of his Pops.

I didn't give the hire much thought at all honestly. USC had been really average for a long time and seemed to be churning thru coaches, Carroll was an average coach, just didn't think about how it would work out, at all. Pete's biggest strength was his recruiting ability and hiring the right staff, and it was a pretty awesome combination in their heyday. I think we have a similar scenario here personally, and think it will pay huge dividends soon.

Originally posted by tpmcg:

Originally posted by litespeedhuskerfan:

So was Pete Carroll (33-31) before USC gave him an opportunity for a second act.

Lots of coaches with a bigger name recognition couldn't have even gone .500 (or a shade better) at Oregon State.
hindsight is 20/20. garrett was vilified when he hired him.

would you have bet the house on that hire? i don't know that i would have; conventional wisdom (albeit they were wrong) did not.

andersen will test that theory pretty soon. riley will test the flip side.
Would Dennis Erickson's name be on the list of "bigger name" coaches? And I have thought the same thing about how will Gary Andersen do at OSU.

But, this thread is supposed to be about recruits coming to visit. I'm glad the staff is getting in quite a few recruits for a visit, and I'm hoping that trend continues. It would be nice to see our staff choosing who to sign rather than last minute scrambling to fill empty spots.

Originally posted by nebcountry:

But, this thread is supposed to be about recruits coming to visit.
great point. and i self deleted. got sidetracked.

i agree that i should be appreciative of the efforts to bring this kind of talent into Lincoln.

Originally posted by nebcountry:

But, this thread is supposed to be about recruits coming to visit.
great point. and i self deleted. got sidetracked.

i agree that i should be appreciative of the efforts to bring this kind of talent into Lincoln.

Originally posted by HuskerTimOmaha:
7 or 8 recruits total, couple are in the 2016 R250. Couple others, including his son, are in the 2017 class with tons of offers.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Awesome, that's good enough to get people to say NU must be cheating!
wink.r191677.gif

Keyshawn has a driver type personality, much like Michael Irvin and Deion Sanders. Having him as an advocate for Nebraska Football has *the potential* to really bolster our recruiting efforts. If you land Keyshawn's son, you have a rockstar recruiter you don't have to pay a dime.

Speaking of recruiting, does anyone else notice that we are hitting Michigan and Georgia extremely hard? Michigan, being relatively new ground for us to go hard core at.

Originally posted by jflores:

Speaking of recruiting, does anyone else notice that we are hitting Michigan and Georgia extremely hard? Michigan, being relatively new ground for us to go hard core at.
Maybe MR is not scouting kids in Michigan and just offering kids that Michigan offers to give Jim a taste of how annoying that can be.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

It is a great feeling to be high on the Kool-Aid, which many of us have been through the HCMR hire, the staff he put together, a decent recruiting class under the circumstances and all the offers going out now. This development for this weekend plus using the Spring Game for recruiting, plus the great PC yesterday is just so cool. It will be awesome if some of the 2016 recruiting effort pays off and we get Ws against BYU, Miami and Wisky. If we stumble in some games next year I will deal with it then, but for right now, damn, the future looks bright.

Congratulations on completely derailing what should be a positive thread....you must be a real joy to manage to find the negative in anything and not only focus upon it yourself, but to ensure to bemoan your negative outlook publicly so everyone else sees it too.

Can anyone shed light onto who is coming this weekend (other than Key and his son)?

And left them with sanctions...

Originally posted by Husk10:

Can anyone shed light onto who is coming this weekend (other than Key and his son)?
Link[/URL]

Its been a bit since I listened to it, but mostly kids from Key's 7 on 7 team. Couple wideouts, couple DB's. I believe one name I remember was Michael Pittman.

Its kinda nice these connections are somewhat alive. We all figured this kind of exposure would happen with DTs when Suh went Top 5 and people would be throwing their large children at us.

Riley's coached a handful of spring practices, and his star players from 20 years ago are delivering Top 250 talent to campus on their own dime.

Let's hope it continues to work out well for us.

Originally posted by jflores:

Its kinda nice these connections are somewhat alive. We all figured this kind of exposure would happen with DTs when Suh went Top 5 and people would be throwing their large children at us.

Riley's coached a handful of spring practices, and his star players from 20 years ago are delivering Top 250 talent to campus on their own dime.

Let's hope it continues to work out well for us.
BOOM! I love what I've seen so far from Riley and his staff. Now just win baby. This first season could be tough with the huge gap at linebacker though. Man I hope a couple of newcomers can step in and play right away.

My apologies to all in this thread. When I saw lincoln's post abt mike's age and smiles, knowing he was being facetious, I also poked fun at his record. Didn't do the sarcasm thing to let all know I was joking, and got some negative responses back. It was my intention to be funny, and dig a little as well at those who worry abt Riley's record. Didn't mean to derail anything as this is super exciting seeing the talent coming for a visit.

And Cdn blackshirt, read the rest of my posts before jumping down my throat. You might see that I was being sarcastic in the first post... I've been saying from day 1 of the riley hire his record is not an issue and never should have been an issue.

This post was edited on 3/5 3:29 PM by timnsun

Really suvey? That's the best you got? You ever see Tommy Boy? That was a Tommy Callahan response if I've ever seen one...

you really got me good...

Edit: to be honest, I don't know if you thot I was serious or not, since I didn't have a sarcasm emoticon handy. Could've used a smiley face I guess, just forgot... So to clarify, I was using sarcasm in my first post.
This post was edited on 3/5 1:07 AM by timnsun

I'm also a little surprised you didn't go after Lincoln like you did me... You could have said something like, "lulz, you're so old and smiles a lot..." That would have been awesome!

This post was edited on 3/5 1:33 AM by timnsun
Yeah I've seen Tommy Boy. It's my favorite Chris Farley movie. It's funny that my lame brain reply evoked three separate responses from you. I understood Lincoln's sarcasm, apparently your sarcasm just sucks.

Also, I am very excited to see this kind of talent coming to Lincoln this weekend and the weather should be wonderful.

I don't know man, I thought the response by survey was funny. But I also know your stance on Riley so I knew you were being sarcastic.

Back on topic.
party0005.r191677.gif

Hard to argue abt my sarcasm sucking, as you weren't the only one to miss it. I need to work on it. The three responses were a bit much... I just couldn't contain myself.

Oh, btw, your tact sucks, but oh well. We both suck at something.

Let's see how many of them rank their visit a10 and then we never hear from them again.

Originally posted by jackie_moon33:
Originally posted by Husk10:

Sounds like these guys:

Isaiah Hayes ('16 CB)
Michael Pittman ('16 WR)
Marquel Dismuke ('16 S)
Khalil Tate ('16 ATH)
Darnay Holmes ('17 CB)
Terrell Bynum ('17 WR)
Tristan Gebbia ('17 QB)
Jermani Brown ('17 CB)

AND.... Keyshawn Johnson Jr. ('17 WR)
Key Sr. and these boys have a busy weekend planned. They're heading to Texas A&M today, they'll visit Texas on Saturday, then go to Oklahoma Sunday, and then head to Lincoln to visit Nebraska on Monday.

Hopefully they're not too burnt out by the time they get here, but I'm sure Key Sr. will get them excited to meet Riley and Co. and I'm positive the staff will show them a good time! GBR!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT