ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Bell article....

MODs should add any Kenny Bell thread to the list of subjects that aren't allowed.
rolleye0018.r191677.gif

Originally posted by timnsun:
Unbelievable, Tulsa! Are you really gonna sat this thread is full of people trashing Kenny? Context!!! Those with criticism were attributing it primarily to the coaches! The one instance where you might assume it was directed at Kenny it was stated simply that these areas need to improve if he's gonna play in the NFL. Do you disagree with that?

You are unbelievable... Without doubt I truly believe you open every thread thinking, "What can I disagree with in this thread?"
Yes or no, Tom... is this how you look at each thread you open?

You are unbelievable... Without doubt I truly believe you open every thread thinking, "What can I disagree with in this thread?"
Nope...In the last thread I posted in I said I like the new defensive back coach...but you didn't say anything to me about it. Before that I was in agreement with most that Delaney was just being a blowhard on the freshmen thing but knew it wouldn't happen. Before that I was supportive of Miles...but you never said anything. Before that I started a thread about AP in Oklahoma. A number of people agree with me in that.

So when you say, "Without a doubt I truly believe..." it makes me wonder about your reading skills.

I think you should change your handle to Trolla Tom personally. Setting that aside though....

Count me as somebody who wasn't a huge fan. I was at first, but soured on him as it looked to me like he bought into Bo's bunker mentality hook line and sinker and seemed just a little to satisfied to win 9 games and maybe didn't work as hard off the field as he could have. I expect him to say the right things now as he prepares to try and collect some checks from the NFL, but I will freely admit I wasn't his biggest fan. Didn't dislike him either, it was more of a "Meh" kind of thing for me. I do wish him success though, I think it would be awesome if he went on to make a living in the NFL, I'm certainly rooting for it.

Originally posted by Tulsa Tom:
Nope...In the last thread I posted in I said I like the new defensive back coach...but you didn't say anything to me about it. Before that I was in agreement with most that Delaney was just being a blowhard on the freshmen thing but knew it wouldn't happen. Before that I was supportive of Miles...but you never said anything. Before that I started a thread about AP in Oklahoma. A number of people agree with me in that.

So when you say, "Without a doubt I truly believe..." it makes me wonder about your reading skills.
So you come by it naturally then... good to know.

Seriously, though, just because you may not disagree in every thread doesn't mean you don't look for stuff to disagree with. I suspect you do. But to help you out, and remove all doubt about my reading skills, "without a doubt I truly believe" is an opinion. It is something I believe to be true. It doesn't make it right, but it does mean there isn't anything wrong with my reading skills.

From my perspective, you tend to go to the extreme in your disagreements. As I and others have already pointed out, there really wasn't any trashing going on when you posted. You read into it (suggesting that I should wonder about your reading skills) but nothing was there to suggest people were trashing Kenny.

He has been trashed in the past, but not in this thread. I believe you brought that bias into this thread. Dinglefritz posted some things that were not trashing Kenny, but you disagree.

In a largely positive thread, you have trashed it with your trolling. And unfortunately, I contributed to it by responding.

Trollsa, I read the ten comments before your troll that's all that matters to me. What in those ten posts is trashing Kenny? Don't care about tuco. You started the trolling. So tell me, in those ten posts, how was Kenny trashed? As I have stated, the comments I read were about coaches not maximizing potential and comments abt what the nfl is looking for.

Quit deflecting and admit you jumped the gun. Stand up for yourself and don't hide behind tuco!

If you are waiting for the hypocrite preacher to stand by his words, it will be a while. He has made it clear it will be a cold day in hell before he will stand by them.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Tuco was on the mark.

If I'm Kenny Bell's mother and I see someone write, "Kenny was not as tough or dedicated as he could have been," I'm pretty ticked off.

If I am his father and I see someone say, "I don't think his pain tolerance and work ethic are what they will have to be if he wants to play in the NFL." I'm angry.

If I'm his high school coach and see someone write, "All I am saying is that it would be nice if we could get them to be 110% dedicated before it is all about the paycheck" I'm irritated beyond all measure.

If I am his best friend and I see someone write, "It really is about leadership and personal responsibility. I think the leadership component was missing, and maybe with KB some personal responsibility," then I'm fighting mad.

rolleyes.r191677.gif

Originally posted by BornNBredRed:

Originally posted by CC_Lemming:

He mentioned how he has really been hitting the weights like crazy to get bigger and stronger for the NFL. Hopefully our new staff will be able to talk the kids into maximizing their potential while playing at Nebraska, rather than waiting until right before the draft.
So did the previous staff not maximize the potential of the most awarded receiver in Husker history?

Kenny said he didn't have time to focus on this nutrition and weight lifting while still managing his responsibilities as a student. That sounds sensible to me.

This post was edited on 2/19 11:37 PM by CC_Lemming
That is absurd. Eating right does jot take time and working out takes an hour a day. I have two college kids. They waste way more than an hour a day and they are great students. They have everything they need to be in top shape while playing there. All I am saying is that it would be nice if we could get them to be 110% dedicated before it is all about the paycheck. Kenny was great. Imagine how great he would have been with 15-20 lbs more muscle. Dedication can come from leadership....leadership of coaches and fellow players pushing you. That has been missing. Bo always seemed satisfied and so did the majority of the players.
Although I don't necessarily disagree with you, keep in mind that Kenny and other college football players spend much more than just 1 hour a day on football and lifting. On average, they probably spend 3-4 hours a day on the combination of the 2. It's at least the equivalent of a part-time job.

Originally posted by Hoosker Du:

Originally posted by CC_Lemming:

He mentioned how he has really been hitting the weights like crazy to get bigger and stronger for the NFL. Hopefully our new staff will be able to talk the kids into maximizing their potential while playing at Nebraska, rather than waiting until right before the draft.
So did the previous staff not maximize the potential of the most awarded receiver in Husker history?

Kenny said he didn't have time to focus on this nutrition and weight lifting while still managing his responsibilities as a student. That sounds sensible to me.

This post was edited on 2/19 11:37 PM by CC_Lemming
That is absurd. Eating right does jot take time and working out takes an hour a day. I have two college kids. They waste way more than an hour a day and they are great students. They have everything they need to be in top shape while playing there. All I am saying is that it would be nice if we could get them to be 110% dedicated before it is all about the paycheck. Kenny was great. Imagine how great he would have been with 15-20 lbs more muscle. Dedication can come from leadership....leadership of coaches and fellow players pushing you. That has been missing. Bo always seemed satisfied and so did the majority of the players.
Although I don't necessarily disagree with you, keep in mind that Kenny and other college football players spend much more than just 1 hour a day on football and lifting. On average, they probably spend 3-4 hours a day on the combination of the 2. It's at least the equivalent of a part-time job.
I understand that, which is why I don't really see how, if a person has been truly giving 110% for 4-5 years, that person would be able to improve so much in a couple months before the draft?

Originally posted by Tulsa Tom:
Tuco was on the mark.

If I'm Kenny Bell's mother and I see someone write, "Kenny was not as tough or dedicated as he could have been," I'm pretty ticked off.

If I am his father and I see someone say, "I don't think his pain tolerance and work ethic are what they will have to be if he wants to play in the NFL." I'm angry.

If I'm his high school coach and see someone write, "All I am saying is that it would be nice if we could get them to be 110% dedicated before it is all about the paycheck" I'm irritated beyond all measure.

If I am his best friend and I see someone write, "It really is about leadership and personal responsibility. I think the leadership component was missing, and maybe with KB some personal responsibility," then I'm fighting mad.

rolleyes.r191677.gif
What you have done is cherry picked to make an argument. You have taken things out of context. Why don't you show the flattering stuff? Because it doesn't support your weak argument?

Dinglefritz stated:
"Let me first say that when he played, I liked what Kenny brought to the table[/B]. Then I will add that I have heard that Kenny was not as tough or dedicated as he could have been. Nobody knows for sure but him but I don't think his pain tolerance and work ethic are what they will have to be if he wants to play in the NFL."

The bold part doesn't sound like trashing to me, but of course, you wouldn't include that. The rest, whether you like it or not, is legitimate. Are you saying Dinglefritz wasn't told this? And are you saying he doesn't need to improve his pain tolerance and work ethic?

Now keep in mind, KB was a tough player who played through a lot of pain the last couple of years. But if you think he's ready for the NFL, that makes me laugh. If he is ready, why is he working that much harder? Why is he bulking up? He knows his best chance of catching on somewhere is if he does this extra work.

BornnBredRed said:
"That is absurd. Eating right does jot take time and working out takes an hour a day. I have two college kids. They waste way more than an hour a day and they are great students. They have everything they need to be in top shape while playing there. All I am saying is that it would be nice if we could get them to be 110% dedicated before it is all about the paycheck. Kenny was great. Imagine how great he would have been with 15-20 lbs more muscle. Dedication can come from leadership....leadership of coaches and fellow players pushing you. That has been missing. Bo always seemed satisfied and so did the majority of the players."

Again, you conveniently ignore the compliments... because they don't fit your argument. What is wrong with saying the above? And where in this post is KB's leadership being questioned? Your quote above was stated after you accused us of trashing KB, making it moot.

The two posts above are the only posts before your accusation that had any hint of negativity. Anything that happened after doesn't matter... And even in these posts the posters indicated their appreciation for Kenny. What you didn't like is that they shared some of the things about Kenny that made you feel uncomfortable. But were they untrue?

Consider context as well... BNBR must have been trashing his own kids as well by your standards... After all, "they waste more than an hour a day". That's where you would stop. But if you read further, you will see he also says "they are great students." See how this works? You can't pick and choose. You have to read the whole thing. (And you accuse my reading ability...)

Please, try to keep your argument to the first 10 posts... That is, after all, when you accused this board of trashing Kenny.

This post was edited on 2/20 9:49 PM by timnsun

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT