ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Bell article....

Great article and solid representative of the university. I hope he makes it with someone.

Always liked KB. Got a bad wrap by some on here but he has always done right in my book. Worked hard, gave it on the field and was never an embarrassment off the field.

Always loved 80 and wish him great success. Can never fault a player for loving his head coach. Can never fault a player for giving it his all every Saturday as he did.

I'm proud he's holding the records he holds.

GBR

I sometimes wondered how much he appreciated the fans. After reading the article, he said all the right things. So glad he was a husker!

He mentioned how he has really been hitting the weights like crazy to get bigger and stronger for the NFL. Hopefully our new staff will be able to talk the kids into maximizing their potential while playing at Nebraska, rather than waiting until right before the draft.

Originally posted by BornNBredRed:

He mentioned how he has really been hitting the weights like crazy to get bigger and stronger for the NFL. Hopefully our new staff will be able to talk the kids into maximizing their potential while playing at Nebraska, rather than waiting until right before the draft.
So did the previous staff not maximize the potential of the most awarded receiver in Husker history?

Kenny said he didn't have time to focus on this nutrition and weight lifting while still managing his responsibilities as a student. That sounds sensible to me.

This post was edited on 2/19 11:37 PM by CC_Lemming

Originally posted by CC_Lemming:

So did the previous staff not maximize the potential of the most awarded receiver in Husker history?

Kenny said he didn't have time to focus on this nutrition and weight lifting while still managing his responsibilities as a student. That sounds sensible to me.

Dobson was in way over his head when it came to strength and conditioning, it was easy to see on the field that Nebraska was usually outmatched from a strength/conditioning standpoint. IIRC in 2011 about half the team went down with ankle injuries. That kind of thing only happens when your S/C coach is a nincompoop.

Let me first say that when he played, I liked what Kenny brought to the table. Then I will add that I have heard that Kenny was not as tough or dedicated as he could have been. Nobody knows for sure but him but I don't think his pain tolerance and work ethic are what they will have to be if he wants to play in the NFL.

That is absurd. Eating right does jot take time and working out takes an hour a day. I have two college kids. They waste way more than an hour a day and they are great students. They have everything they need to be in top shape while playing there. All I am saying is that it would be nice if we could get them to be 110% dedicated before it is all about the paycheck. Kenny was great. Imagine how great he would have been with 15-20 lbs more muscle. Dedication can come from leadership....leadership of coaches and fellow players pushing you. That has been missing. Bo always seemed satisfied and so did the majority of the players.

Kenny has a great article where he plays fairly with everyone and gets trashed, where he is thankful for the university, where he is talking about the future...and gets trashed.

Unbelievable.

Originally posted by Tulsa Tom:
Kenny has a great article where he plays fairly with everyone and gets trashed, where he is thankful for the university, where he is talking about the future...and gets trashed.

Unbelievable.
Not trashing him. I am saying there was not leadership at UNL causing the players to be the absolute best they can be over the last several years. That is mostly a negative on Bo. If you can add 10 lbs of muscle and cut time off of your forty before the combine, then you necessarily have not been 110% committed during your college career....and thus your paycheck potential is more important to you than giving it all for the guys that you are playing with or for the N on your helmet.

This post was edited on 2/20 9:11 AM by BornNBredRed

Usually don't agree with Born's post, but tend to agree with this one. It really is about leadership and personal responsibility. I think the leadership component was missing, and maybe with KB some personal responsibility. You take a guy like AA, I remember chatting with him the airport after his freshman year. He was 180-185 soaking wet. Kid put in work to say the least.

Like KB a lot and wish him the best going forwards. Hope the bigger frame does him well.

This coming from a preacher who promised to not post here again till August. Amazing, unbelievable!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Go ahead and trash me...I'm good.

I love how you jump on this attack every time I call BS on stupid posts like the ones in this thread. That was a great interview by Kenny, per usual, and people want to rip the guy apart. Stop obfuscating and just admit it.

I love how you jump on this attack every time I call BS on stupid posts like the ones in this thread. That was a great interview by Kenny, per usual, and people want to rip the guy apart. Stop obfuscating and just admit it.
Quit being a drama queen.

No one is/wants to rip the guy apart.

What trashing are you talking abt? Most are saying we were thankful to have him, while some are saying the previous staff could have made him even better. How is that trashing?

"People". As soon as you stop trolling and actually stand by your words, I will drop it. You are nothing more than a troll who simply takes the contrary stance just to try and back your pathetic claims. There is no trashing in this thread. Just discussion with facts. You don't like that, go back to the fairy tale where you make claims and don't stand by them.

Originally posted by The Dankness:

+1. I read the thread and no has really taken a shot at him. Calm down dude.

"communicating with emails and such."

Poor Kenny, welcome to the real world. Email communication allows the University to track who recieved it, who opened it, etc. Brilliant move by Eichorst and crew, eliminate any issue.

As for the rest of the article, blah.

I missed the ripping in this thread.

Yeah, Kenny and his teammates criticizing the administration for using e-mails. That's on Bo. If Bo had never been hired here, no Husker would be at the combine saying that, although every player with a fired coach probably wishes it went differently.

Originally posted by leodisflowers:

+1. I read the thread and no has really taken a shot at him. Calm down dude.

So the kid isn't tough enough, didn't work enough, wasn't dedicated enough, was a lousy leader, but we'll miss him so and no one is criticizing him.

Wonder if he just didn't want to put the weight on at NU because he knew it would cost him some speed, but now he has to because he'll drop on draft day if he's too light in the ass. He's always looked like he stepped out of a time machine from 1974 and suited up for the game.

He's gonna have to find a niche in the NFL because he's not very big, and he's got decent speed, but I don't think he's fast enough to be a Johnny Knox type #2 WR who can lift the lid off a defense just by lining up. He probably will have to make his living in the slot.

He'd have been better off pleading the fifth about the firing. There is no right thing to say about it. It was a clown show and a PR mess for everyone involved, and the best thing he could do for himself is to say nothing about it.

You didn't have to get into it, baby.

Swingers-3.jpg

Tuco hit on this above. But let's refresh...

Maybe I'm wrong but if someone said that my kid wasn't tough enough, didn't work enough, wasn't dedicated enough, was a lousy leader, had a low pain tolerance, didn't have a good work ethic...I might think people were ripping him.

But that's just me.

Since you seem to want this thread to continue, I will give you what you want. Kenny's excuse about nutrition is laughable. He seemed to have more than enough time to run around at The Bar chugging entire bottles of Jager. Must have been exhausting to try and get to the training table after that. But yes Trollsa, he "does and says all the right things". And to a simpleton that only believes info in the local rags, that probably appears to be true.

Originally posted by 4.6.3:
Since you seem to want this thread to continue, I will give you what you want. Kenny's excuse about nutrition is laughable. He seemed to have more than enough time to run around at The Bar chugging entire bottles of Jager. Must have been exhausting to try and get to the training table after that. But yes Trollsa, he "does and says all the right things". And to a simpleton that only believes info in the local rags, that probably appears to be true.
Jager over Fireball??? That is his first problem!

Unbelievable, Tulsa! Are you really gonna sat this thread is full of people trashing Kenny? Context!!! Those with criticism were attributing it primarily to the coaches! The one instance where you might assume it was directed at Kenny it was stated simply that these areas need to improve if he's gonna play in the NFL. Do you disagree with that?

You are unbelievable... Without doubt I truly believe you open every thread thinking, "What can I disagree with in this thread?"

Originally posted by 4.6.3:

Good thing no one is taking shots at Kenny in this thread.

Tuco hit on this above. But let's refresh...

Maybe I'm wrong but if someone said that my kid wasn't tough enough, didn't work enough, wasn't dedicated enough, was a lousy leader, had a low pain tolerance, didn't have a good work ethic...I might think people were ripping him.

But that's just me.
You are just hypersensitive.

Actually I decided not to post anything until Trollsa continued to try and claim everybody here did. Then he wouldn't drop it so I figured why not. I am feeding the troll.

Does anyone know why he wasn't at that final meeting with Bo?
Kenny along with a few others on the team had class that evening and couldn't make Bo's whine fest

Originally posted by TheNewNU:

Does anyone know why he wasn't at that final meeting with Bo?
Kenny along with a few others on the team had class that evening and couldn't make Bo's whine fest
Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by timnsun:
Unbelievable, Tulsa! Are you really gonna sat this thread is full of people trashing Kenny? Context!!! Those with criticism were attributing it primarily to the coaches!
That's funny!

166729_4902267.jpg

I don't get this constant complaining about the players being informed about the firing via e-mail. What did they want? A personal phone call? A meeting? I hear the complaining that it was done wrong, but I've never heard any of them say what should have been done instead.

Yep HTO.....I am very careful what I send by email......some things you dont want paper trails, some you do...............lesson learned.

Tulsa, I dare you to post all of the trashing of Kenny. Don't just ignore and post a picture. Who trashed Kenny? I think dingle posted some things about kenny but I wouldn't call it trashing. The things he posted are what the NFL looks for. He was commenting on that. What else you got? The pic suggests you got nothing...

And if you read real closely, you'll see some who point out where Kenny isn't perfect will point to the coaching... This is called context.

Originally posted by timnsun:
Tulsa, I dare you to post all of the trashing of Kenny. Don't just ignore and post a picture.
I already did. However, I can't take credit for posting it first. It was Tuco. You obviously don't like my stuff so read his posts above.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT