ADVERTISEMENT

Keisei and Andre

Riled Up

Walk On
Oct 13, 2019
Am I the only one who doesn’t understand why they don’t get more minutes? Neither of their gameplay is perfect, but it seems like they help fill the rebounding and shooting weaknesses.

Am I the only one who doesn’t understand why they don’t get more minutes? Neither of their gameplay is perfect, but it seems like they help fill the rebounding and shooting weaknesses.
Tominaga's shooting has been horrible and he's a defensive liability. I think Andre's offense hasn't been great and he gets pushed around in the paint. Sooo many question marks on this team other than Trey and Bryce. It's just a bunch of guys with incomplete talent sets other than those 2 guys. Andre I think could be very good but he needs to get stronger and jack up his intensity.

I think the rotation is about as good as it's going to get. My preferred lineup is Trey at the point, Bryce, CJ, Lat (yuck), and Walker. Andre is a good backup to Walker and we really only have the two bigs so he's going to get minutes. I'm the biggest Verge hater on the board but I think he could be the best player on the team if he'd follow the game plan. Webster was given a huge opportunity the last two game but has fallen flat on his face.

Tominaga's shooting has been horrible and he's a defensive liability. I think Andre's offense hasn't been great and he gets pushed around in the paint. Sooo many question marks on this team other than Trey and Bryce. It's just a bunch of guys with incomplete talent sets other than those 2 guys. Andre I think could be very good but he needs to get stronger and jack up his intensity.
Shooting 36% from 3 isn’t horrible by any stretch especially considering the lack of opportunities we provide him.

Tominaga at least gives them a threat on offense. Trey can only make layups and wide open 3s.

Andre prob should play more. Has long ass arms and can block some shots and at least compete on the boards.

Shooting 36% from 3 isn’t horrible by any stretch especially considering the lack of opportunities we provide him.
Currently ranks 2nd on the team in 3 pt %, slightly behind Wilcher. He's definitely in the running to win the largest midget award on this awful shooting team.

Andre needs to chill with the fouls. I thought Tominaga looked smooth driving to the bucket, and he is good finisher. Obviously a great 3-point shooter, but the kid has handles and touch, and could certainly get some easy lay ins.

Andre needs to chill with the fouls. I thought Tominaga looked smooth driving to the bucket, and he is good finisher. Obviously a great 3-point shooter, but the kid has handles and touch, and could certainly get some easy lay ins.

And at least it's entertaining compared to the alternative

Tominaga needs to grow up. The T was ridiculous. So you don't think you fouled him. Scowl at the official. Say "that's horrible" or something. But, runing off and jumping up and down like a three year old throwing a temper tantrum is embarassing to say the least. Swung all the momentum of the game - MI outscored them 20-6 from that point on, I believe.

Tominaga needs to grow up. The T was ridiculous. So you don't think you fouled him. Scowl at the official. Say "that's horrible" or something. But, runing off and jumping up and down like a three year old throwing a temper tantrum is embarassing to say the least. Swung all the momentum of the game - MI outscored them 20-6 from that point on, I believe.
I thought half of his display was him being super pumped for just laying down a nasty block on an all american 7 footer. I didnt see the need for the T the way everyone else was whining with all the fouls. The dude barely speaks english, how could they have even known what he said? He gets that excited after every 3 he makes as well.

I thought half of his display was him being super pumped for just laying down a nasty block on an all american 7 footer. I didnt see the need for the T the way everyone else was whining with all the fouls. The dude barely speaks english, how could they have even known what he said? He gets that excited after every 3 he makes as well.

Typical B1G reffing. Give Michigan 4 points in one possession off of a clean block late in the game.

I think he's improved his 3 pt percentage quite a bit over the past several games so maybe that's why he played more last night. He's still a defensive liability. Not hating on the guy, I just think we need to have better guys than him on the floor especially on the defensive end. I think he was brought it to play point and thus far that isn't something he can do.

Reactions: IowaHuskr
Eduardo looked primed to be big part of rotation this year as he showed some promise last year. He seems to have regressed from last year though. As for Tominaga he plays hard and with emotion. Unfortunately he is too small for Big 10 guards on defensive end. Rutgers basically eliminated him from the game as they put whoever he was guarding on the block and posted him up.

Eduardo looked primed to be big part of rotation this year as he showed some promise last year. He seems to have regressed from last year though. As for Tominaga he plays hard and with emotion. Unfortunately he is too small for Big 10 guards on defensive end. Rutgers basically eliminated him from the game as they put whoever he was guarding on the block and posted him up.

Speaking of posting guards, we should do that a lot more with Bryce.

Reactions: viewfromthebooth
I think he's improved his 3 pt percentage quite a bit over the past several games so maybe that's why he played more last night. He's still a defensive liability. Not hating on the guy, I just think we need to have better guys than him on the floor especially on the defensive end. I think he was brought it to play point and thus far that isn't something he can do.
Especially in a tie game in Ann Arbor with a minute and a half left. Tre should be in the floor for defense alone.

I thought this thread was going to ask if they would get PT on any other B1G team, and the answer is no.
I thought maybe I was the only one who thought that neither of these two players are Big Ten level players, I personally don't think either of them are even P5 level players.

Reactions: t7w0c1
Before last night, he hadn't even attempted a three pointer in the past four games.

I don't hate the kid, either - but he's not a Power 5 BB player. Fred and Doc got sold a bill of goods by a member of the good 'ol boy coaches' club, who was his JUCO coach.

Before last night, he hadn't even attempted a three pointer in the past four games.

I don't hate the kid, either - but he's not a Power 5 BB player. Fred and Doc got sold a bill of goods by a member of the good 'ol boy coaches' club, who was his JUCO coach.
I thought he had a game not too long ago where he was 3 out of 4 from the 3 pt line. My bad. Honestly I haven't been following them that closely this year for some reason. I kind of lost some interest about 10 games in so I only catch parts of games on the radio or TV.

he stopped playing much once trey came back.

Eduardo is an intriguing player to me. When he brings the intensity the guy looks really really good. When he’s aggressive toward the basket it looks like he could dominate anyone and he has the frame to do it but he just doesn’t bring that very often. Just fades into obscurity too often. I also think the other players don’t get him the ball when they should either though.

Tominaga is limited by his size and athletic ability but he plays with energy. His defense has looked ok at times and really bad at times.

Eduardo is an intriguing player to me. When he brings the intensity the guy looks really really good. When he’s aggressive toward the basket it looks like he could dominate anyone and he has the frame to do it but he just doesn’t bring that very often. Just fades into obscurity too often. I also think the other players don’t get him the ball when they should either though.

Tominaga is limited by his size and athletic ability but he plays with energy. His defense has looked ok at times and really bad at times.

Kesei plays hard and is not as bad as some are painting him. His on-ball defense is good and if our entire team played with his effort we would be a lot more solid. He had 3 blocks/steals in the last 10 minutes of the Michigan game to go along with 7 points off 3 shots. He has also dropped some dimes in the rare situations where guys actually make a cut for him. Hard to see where this "he isn't a D1 player" stuff is coming from. His issues seem to arise with our zone scheme but I've seen the same look of frustration on other players' faces when we don't rotate or pass-off players how they are expecting.

Andre is a puzzling guy to me. One game it looks like he has no coordination and the next he's doing good things. I do think he needs to be more assertive and physical but that's tough down low with how the B1G likes to play their favorites in the reffing game.

Reactions: SomedayHusker
Kesei plays hard and is not as bad as some are painting him. His on-ball defense is good and if our entire team played with his effort we would be a lot more solid. He had 3 blocks/steals in the last 10 minutes of the Michigan game to go along with 7 points off 3 shots. He has also dropped some dimes in the rare situations where guys actually make a cut for him. Hard to see where this "he isn't a D1 player" stuff is coming from. His issues seem to arise with our zone scheme but I've seen the same look of frustration on other players' faces when we don't rotate or pass-off players how they are expecting.

Andre is a puzzling guy to me. One game it looks like he has no coordination and the next he's doing good things. I do think he needs to be more assertive and physical but that's tough down low with how the B1G likes to play their favorites in the reffing game.
Tominaga had some nice minutes in the Michigan game - probably his best of the season - and good on him for that. But that doesn't mean he's a legitimate Power 5 player or that "his on-ball defense is good."

If his on-ball defense was actually good, why would every team NU plays target him repeatedly for isolation plays? He's completely overmatched and has been absolutely destroyed on the defensive end over and over again.

Nobody's doubting his effort - that's not the problem.

Tominaga had some nice minutes in the Michigan game - probably his best of the season - and good on him for that. But that doesn't mean he's a legitimate Power 5 player or that "his on-ball defense is good."

If his on-ball defense was actually good, why would every team NU plays target him repeatedly for isolation plays? He's completely overmatched and has been absolutely destroyed on the defensive end over and over again.

Nobody's doubting his effort - that's not the problem.

I have not watched every game but I have yet to see any team abuse him repeatedly off isolation plays. I have seen our bigs repeatedly abused (last game), I have seen Bryce McGowen repeatedly abused, but I have not seen Kesei getting torched over and over. Certainly not "every game." I think maybe the Rutgers game there was a matchup issue because they have bigger guards with that kind of toolkit but we sat him for most of that game anyway.

Kesei is averaging 7 PPG and shooting 37% from 3 with enough of a sample at this point. That's not great but it's enough to be a Power 5 player.

Reactions: red runner
I have not watched every game but I have yet to see any team abuse him repeatedly off isolation plays. I have seen our bigs repeatedly abused (last game), I have seen Bryce McGowen repeatedly abused, but I have not seen Kesei getting torched over and over. Certainly not "every game." I think maybe the Rutgers game there was a matchup issue because they have bigger guards with that kind of toolkit but we sat him for most of that game anyway.

Kesei is averaging 7 PPG and shooting 37% from 3 with enough of a sample at this point. That's not great but it's enough to be a Power 5 player.
If Fred parts ways with Tominaga after this year, what other Power 5 roster(s) will he land on?

And Mulcahy from Rutgers isn’t a particularly big guard by Big Ten standards. He is one of several who has feasted on Tominaga this season - not so much in the game in Lincoln, because Tominaga didn’t play as much. But in the game at Rutgers it was pretty much an all-you-can-eat buffet.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT