ADVERTISEMENT

Kaelin staying N

We’re gonna need another serviceable QB. McCord out, Raiola I’ll believe it when he signs (we evidently didn’t offer McCord enough)… unless They’re intent on starting a freshman, by math we’ll have one less shitty QB running the show that we had last year?

Why do they do this to us? It’s like dangling red meat in front of a starving Ethiopian. and then giving it to a fat person.
What do you call and Ethiopian with buck teeth?

A rake.

All we have to do is screw up Raiola, have Kaelin flip to MSU, and we have a real issue on our hands. Should have committed ourselves to DK in some respect - for all we know, he could become an excellent QB. A bird in the hand .... you know the story.
Clock is winding down. We are inside the opponents 10 yard line… oh damn. We faqed

All we have to do is screw up Raiola, have Kaelin flip to MSU, and we have a real issue on our hands. Should have committed ourselves to DK in some respect - for all we know, he could become an excellent QB. A bird in the hand .... you know the story.
We did commit to him. He has a scholarship. Are you saying we tell Raiola “No thanks, we have DK”?

Maybe you need an assistant. Kong?
nope-im-good-saturday-night-live.gif

We did commit to him. He has a scholarship. Are you saying we tell Raiola “No thanks, we have DK”?
Raiola turned us down cold turkey several months ago after several visits, but now he's the greatest thing since peanut butter? What about Locker Room and "culture" problems? Do you really think he'll be here more than a yr? How about all the high school changes? Too much drama for me. Just my opinion - nobody has to agree with me, but a leopard can't change his spots.

Reactions: American Horse
Raiola turned us down cold turkey several months ago after several visits, but now he's the greatest thing since peanut butter? What about Locker Room and "culture" problems? Do you really think he'll be here more than a yr? How about all the high school changes? Too much drama for me. Just my opinion - nobody has to agree with me, but a leopard can't change his spots.
I just disagree. You’d be out of your mind to turn away Raiola. Imagine we do and DK comes in and totally sucks. He’s certainly no guarantee and everyone would lose their mind that we could’ve had the #1 recruit and passed on him. I’d take Raiola 100/100 in this situation.

It’s not them. It’s you. I don’t believe for a second that money was an issue with McCord. I would have never believed he was going to play for NU until I saw he was in class next semester. This was clearly a case of premature gesticulation by the recruiting sites and Husker fans.
Wait, he ENROLLED?!?

What do you call and Ethiopian with buck teeth?

A rake.
Holy cow, dude…
That’s another level, there…

But I mean yeah that’s funny as shit. It is. I laugh equally at Polish and Catholic jokes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Laner2
I just disagree. You’d be out of your mind to turn away Raiola. Imagine we do and DK comes in and totally sucks. He’s certainly no guarantee and everyone would lose their mind that we could’ve had the #1 recruit and passed on him. I’d take Raiola 100/100 in this situation.
Agree. Frost went with Martinez over Burrow, and we know his famous quote. You go with the one you know is better.

Reactions: HuskerO and Laner2
Not going to happen. They need to beg Kaelin to stay in the class.
They need to pay Kaelin a shitload of money. That would do two things. First, it would entice him to stay for purely monetary reasons. But second, it would show him that our honoring his commitment is not just NU “being nice” but that we are serious about him potentially being a starting QB someday.

The transfers have been pretty well explained.

He moved to AZ after his freshman year.

He had a really good sophomore year at chandler HS. Something happened with the coaching staff there. Multiple kids transfers out after a pretty good season.

He transferred to Pinnacle HS. They have a reputation for putting out good qbs. However AZ has a 5 game rule for transfers. Pretty sure they knew his waiver wouldn't be approved he transfered to a HS in the state where he was gonna play in college.

If you add some context to the transfers, they aren't as much of a red flag.

They need to pay Kaelin a shitload of money. That would do two things. First, it would entice him to stay for purely monetary reasons. But second, it would show him that our honoring his commitment is not just NU “being nice” but that we are serious about him potentially being a starting QB someday.
^^^THIS 100%, double down on the commitment... to have both DK & Dr in that room is Monumental...

I would like Iowa to get involved with DK. Think he has a lot of talent and was a huge mistake by Frost to now wrap him up earlier. Although they already have a QB coming that is rated the same, I like DK a little better.

Judas, I usually pride myself on correct spelling too...thanks for the correction....post updated
Egg on my face too.
The video I just watched had KELSEY on the back of his jersey.

Well upon further review, they had it spelled wrong on his Jersey??
1995 at OSU, first game of season. At 49:30 in video a player wearing 57 with KELSEY on back made the tackle on kick off.

Kelsay it is,and always was. I bet next game they spelled it right.

Go Big Red!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT