ADVERTISEMENT

Kaelin is N!

I like him. He’s no Raiola but I like his deep throw arm. Plays against some decent teams in Nebraska. He’s not afraid to sling it while getting hit. Hopefully snag Hall too. Going to try and get to a Bell West game to watch them this season.
Raiola is in part ranked where he is because Georgia offered him early. DR has arm talent but there’s nothing to say Kaelin won’t be as good or better when it’s all said and done. They have to win a job first.

Raiola is in part ranked where he is because Georgia offered him early. DR has arm talent but there’s nothing to say Kaelin won’t be as good or better when it’s all said and done. They have to win a job first.
Of course, just going off of what we have right now; their highlight reels. DR shows more accuracy and arm strength in his tape. More so arm strength.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Of course, just going off of what we have right now; their highlight reels. DR shows more accuracy and arm strength in his tape. More so arm strength.
Just can’t judge what’s between their ears. That’s a huge factor when you hit D-1. I expect DR to be very good but we’ve seen plenty of top ranked high schoolers fail miserably in college.

How did Bellevue West only win 6 games last year with all of this high-level D-I talent? Just curious. It appears that they went 6-3 and lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Yup… Instead of ignoring the F out of Flores?

Who woulda thunk the silent treatment, burning bridges along the way, doesn’t appeal to top in-state talent?
Many here were perfectly fine ignoring the best quarterback to come out of NE in 25 years

They said as much over and over and over again

Same people would never own up to those posts today. Pathetic if you ask me.

How did Bellevue West only win 6 games last year with all of this high-level D-I talent? Just curious. It appears that they went 6-3 and lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

3 of their 4 losses were to Westside and Gretna, who were the top two teams. They also lost by a point to a decent Kearney team. It appears their D couldn't stop anyone decent.

Many here were perfectly fine ignoring the best quarterback to come out of NE in 25 years

They said as much over and over and over again

Same people would never own up to those posts today. Pathetic if you ask me.
I’ll own up to thinking there must have been some logical reason for Frost to not offer Flores. Clearly In hindsight there was not. Frost and Harry Potter’s grandpa screwed the pooch on Flores. To be fair I never saw Flores play. I always try to give our staff the benefit of the doubt until it becomes absolutely clear they don’t deserve it.

Fortunately we now appear to have a head coach who doesn’t have his head up his ass.

They weren’t all seniors. That’s a big deal. For me personally I really didn’t figure things out until few games in to my senior year. I wished the light had come on during my junior year. I would have had better offers.

Reactions: saluno22
I’ll own up to thinking there must have been some logical reason for Frost to not offer Flores. Clearly In hindsight there was not. Frost and Harry Potter’s grandpa screwed the pooch on Flores. To be fair I never saw Flores play. I always try to give our staff the benefit of the doubt until it becomes absolutely clear they don’t deserve it.

Fortunately we now appear to have a head coach who doesn’t have his head up his ass.
Verdu was fired in 2021

You spent the following year stumping for a 5’6” kid from Massachusetts

You also posted - in a thread started by one of Flores’s family members, mind you - that he was self-reporting offers

Cannot make this stuff up

Last edited:
kerrboooooom. very nice.
this kind of thing happens when you hire professionals and remove the ametures. prety soon we will have a roomful of capable d1 qbs.

Verdu was fired in 2021

You spent the preceding a year stumping for a 5’6” kid from Massachusetts

You also posted - in a thread started by one of Flores’s family members, mind you - that he was self-reporting offers

Ummm. They DO self report offers

Reactions: WHCSC
Yep, it’s all about development.

Verdu was fired in 2021

You spent the following year stumping for a 5’6” kid from Massachusetts

Zane seemed like a no brainer QB but for whatever reason it didn’t happen. Whip hinted at character issues with him but Whip also said the best QB’s were pricks. My guess is he ZF just didn’t gel with the staff and Whip just really wanted WWIII. I think if MR was here last year, ZF would be a Husker. Just totally different kinds of people in comparing this year’s staff vs last year’s staff.

But if we could stay healthy, I like the potential of a path of Sims to DK. there’s definitely a scenario that the ZF Miss could end up not even mattering. So let’s hope that’s the case at this point.

Zane seemed like a no brainer QB but for whatever reason it didn’t happen. Whip hinted at character issues with him but Whip also said the best QB’s were pricks. My guess is he ZF just didn’t gel with the staff and Whip just really wanted WWIII. I think if MR was here last year, ZF would be a Husker. Just totally different kinds of people in comparing this year’s staff vs last year’s staff.

But if we could stay healthy, I like the potential of a path of Sims to DK. there’s definitely a scenario that the ZF Miss could end up not even mattering. So let’s hope that’s the case at this point.
Who knows what the hell Frost and his staff were thinking. It’s water under the bridge. All we could do was and is speculate on why they slow played him. Right now, I would rather have a junior Sims under center than a true freshman Flores. Who knows if Flores ever starts a game. I wish him well.

What? Are you his uncle or something? Better than Raiola (at some point)? A low three star vs..the number 1 player in the nation? Jesus.. Whatever get's you hard. He is an OK get, but comparing him to a five star? Whatever.

Reactions: king_kong_

Your much more likely to see a Sims->Transfer QB-> DK

The only way they weren’t getting another transfer QB after Sims was with Raiola. That’s the new world, and if they do a really good job with Sims, turn him into a high draft pick, then they would likely get a really really good transfer QB.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I’m glad things worked out like this. I think if DK played in Texas, Florida or any other big time state in talent he would be a strong 4 star, kid has big time talent

Reactions: Gary.Busey
3 of their 4 losses were to Westside and Gretna, who were the top two teams. They also lost by a point to a decent Kearney team. It appears their D couldn't stop anyone decent.
I'll add they had a huge lead against Gretna in the fourth quarter of their first game and couldn't put it away. Truly a game for the ages.

Reactions: Gary.Busey

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT