ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Jefferson: 4-years, $140M, $110M Guaranteed

either way it cripples your team paying like that for a WR.
It depends on the philosophy of a team's front office. But these days the difference makers that teams are willing to pay up for is QB and WR on offense, and CB and pass rusher on defense. But specific to the WR position, I've heard it said that the college game has been producing so many good WR prospects of late that a team should either have a WR-1 that you pay a fortune to or go for youth on rookie contracts. "Paying like that" for a WR apparently is OK if you have a Jefferson, Hill or Lamb. But do you pay $30 million to an Amari Cooper or someone on that next tier?

It depends on the philosophy of a team's front office. But these days the difference makers that teams are willing to pay up for is QB and WR on offense, and CB and pass rusher on defense. But specific to the WR position, I've heard it said that the college game has been producing so many good WR prospects of late that a team should either have a WR-1 that you pay a fortune to or go for youth on rookie contracts. "Paying like that" for a WR apparently is OK if you have a Jefferson, Hill or Lamb. But do you pay $30 million to an Amari Cooper or someone on that next tier?
And it doesn't actually cripple them in this case because they don't have other players that need big contracts. IF they hit on McCarthy, he will need a long-term contract as Jefferson's expires and they would have a decision to make.

And it doesn't actually cripple them in this case because they don't have other players that need big contracts. IF they hit on McCarthy, he will need a long-term contract as Jefferson's expires and they would have a decision to make.
McCarthy was the 2nd best QB in this year’s draft

Said it before, stand by it now

Most people don’t understand anything about the economics of the NFL. They tend to be the loudest whenever a new contract is signed

I wouldn’t be shocked to see Green Bay, a team everyone is already anointing after 2 good months and a horrendous playoff collapse despite making minimal changes and keeping an absolute trash DC who’s been on the hot seat for 3 years, take a step back while Minn surprises

• Haha
Reactions: HBK4life
I wouldn’t be shocked to see Green Bay, a team everyone is already anointing after 2 good months and a horrendous playoff collapse despite making minimal changes and keeping an absolute trash DC who’s been on the hot seat for 3 years, take a step back while Minn surprises
If Minnesota can surprise with a rookie QB, then why not Chicago? They've added a lot of talent to their offense to go with a much higher rated rookie QB (except by some on this board) in Caleb Williams. Keenan Allen and DJ Moore are two damn good receivers, and Odunze might soon be better than both those two.

Most people don’t understand anything about the economics of the NFL. They tend to be the loudest whenever a new contract is signed

We fired our DC. Hired Jeff Hafley to play an attacking 4-3 D. Brought in top RB and Safety in Free agency. Killed the draft with speed and playmakers on D.

Last edited:

GB fired the DC and brought in the Boston College HC as DC. The D will be different, good or bad. I can't claim to have ever paid attention but that safety from the Giants, Mckinney, is supposed to be lights out. Plus, they drafted arguably the best LB and safety in the draft. I'm hopeful for the D.

Reactions: HBK4life
We fired our DC. Hired Jeff Hafley to play an attacking 4-3 D. Brought in top RB and Safety in Free agency. Killed the draft with speed and playmakers on D.
Good, he was crap

We’ll see about the draft. Nobody knows anything until the bullets start flying.

If Minnesota can surprise with a rookie QB, then why not Chicago? They've added a lot of talent to their offense to go with a much higher rated rookie QB (except by some on this board) in Caleb Williams. Keenan Allen and DJ Moore are two damn good receivers, and Odunze might soon be better than both those two.
Bears can surprise but they’re dogshit until they prove otherwise

Just like us

Terrible decision. Period. They don't even have a QB to throw him the ball.

Actually, they traded a ton of draft capital to draft a qb in the 1st round. Here is my question for all the people who think they should have traded him, who else should have they spent the money on? Why would you not support a 1st round qb by giving him an awesome security blanket?

They believe that they have their quarterback. We'll see if they are right. But I agree with the Vikings signing Jefferson to the big deal. WR is considered to be a high impact position and when you have a great young talent at one of those spots you have to keep him.

Actually, they traded a ton of draft capital to draft a qb in the 1st round. Here is my question for all the people who think they should have traded him, who else should have they spent the money on? Why would you not support a 1st round qb by giving him an awesome security blanket?
You just do not need to pay WR's that much anymore. Especially with a rookie QB who is totally unproven.

IMO not going to be a great QB. at all. Maybe a backup. MN makes bad moves all the time.

You just do not need to pay WR's that much anymore. Especially with a rookie QB who is totally unproven.

IMO not going to be a great QB. at all. Maybe a backup. MN makes bad moves all the time.
They make bad moves all the time but this isn't one of them. Why even draft great players if you are going to get rid of them after their rookie contract? If you are going to take a qb in the 1st then you should support him by giving him weapons.

This is a dream scenario for most teams to draft a WR so good he demands this much money. That is the whole point of the draft.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT