ADVERTISEMENT

Just be aware

Just to be clear, what are people calling a trap game? We win on a 4th quarter td? We only win by 30 and only the 1st and 2nd team play? I need some context here because I say we straight beat them up like UTEP, probably worse. I predict we clear the benches, again.
You got the clear the benches as I was typing mine. So, I agree 100% with you!

It’ll be an empty the bench game. You have adults in charge of the program now. You have team leadership by players. These guys truly take a workman’s approach to practice and the next game is the most important game mentality. We’ll be ahight!
Hey man, of course we'll be alright against UNI. Hey high five me!

Rhule and this team in particular don’t seem to be the type that are going to take any weeks lightly. Too many years of let down to take a week off.

Especially because CU is not a good team. It’s great to get that win in dominant fashion, CU has 3 or 4 elite players and then the rest of the team is average at best. That game was not as close as the final score indicated, but I think we’re fooling ourselves if we beat our chests too much. We are moving in the right direction and I’m pumped for what is in store. I think we easily handle Northern Iowa but then it’s going to get real and we need to bring it Day by Day.

Next week could be a let down game. Watching the disfunction after the half made this a very real possibility. I think our defense will still function at a high capacity but our offense could be potentially disappointing.

Just keeping it real. First half last night I thought we were winning every game. Second half gave me some second thoughts.

31-10 Neb ovr UNI after a very sloppy start
Just be aware... I am still rejoicing in the absolute destruction. Of Colorado and all the Sanderses

They had 8-9 within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage and I didn't see a speed advantage for Nebraska. Our WR play was ATROCIOUS...more penalties than catches and a ton of wiffs on blocking. So Colorado jams the line, WRs don't block or get called for holding over and over on big plays, WRs can't beat their their guy and dylan is forced to do check downs to backs or TEs all 2nd half. That being said, we had big plays because Colorado was playing very aggressively and they were called back. If two of those aren't caught or negated we win 38-10, which is a full blowout.
I think there is a lot of truth to this. Count me among those who think our receivers might be overrated by the fans. Seems to me that they are not blocking well, especially Nayor, and that they are not getting open.
If you take another look at our first half against CU we really only had two offensive drives for a TD. The first and last. And the last one was aided by penalties and should have ended in a pic rather than a TD. I really did not see a prolific offense from us. I saw an improved offense. An offense that doesn’t turn the ball over. But this offense was still inconsistent and has work to do.

Our defense is great. They will have to carry this team until the offense improves. And after next week the B1G schedule starts and nothing will come easy. I see several teams on our schedule not named Ohio State and USC who are much improved. Indiana and Rutgers look dangerous. Illinois has a solid defense.

We need our offense and special teams to improve.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
I think there is a lot of truth to this. Count me among those who think our receivers might be overrated by the fans. Seems to me that they are not blocking well, especially Nayor, and that they are not getting open.
If you take another look at our first half against CU we really only had two offensive drives for a TD. The first and last. And the last one was aided by penalties and should have ended in a pic rather than a TD. I really did not see a prolific offense from us. I saw an improved offense. An offense that doesn’t turn the ball over. But this offense was still inconsistent and has work to do.

Our defense is great. They will have to carry this team until the offense improves. And after next week the B1G schedule starts and nothing will come easy. I see several teams on our schedule not named Ohio State and USC who are much improved. Indiana and Rutgers look dangerous. Illinois has a solid defense.

We need our offense and special teams to improve.
I'm not as down on them as you are. I don't see anyone claming this is the Joe Burrow LSU offense. Game 2 for a freshman qb with a whole new WR room. If they sync up the timing on those deep throws, look out. Was impressed with how Neyor, Barney, Fidone, took big hits and held on. That is a new thing to watch for Husker fans. Everyone knew this was a team that is going to get better as the year goes along.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Nebraska caught a bit of a scheduling break for next week. Normally, a game like this one is played at 11 am, and half the stadium includes people watching their first game because a neighbor gave them free tickets. That type of game is usually sleepy, boring, and the only team that wants to be there is a directional school.

BTN selecting this game for 6:30 kick was surprising. There will be a little more juice to rev some things up. This is also a Northern Iowa team in a bit of a rebuilding flux. They lost a coordinator during Fall camp and have a bunch of new starters.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
5oA9wr3.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: TampaBaySkers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT