ADVERTISEMENT

Jurgens

Side note: I'd feel better about the S&C plans and the staff's knowledge if they weren't buying into the juice cleanse BS from Jason Peter talking about "detox" and boosting the immune system.

The science shows over and over that the only thing a cleanse cleans out is your wallet. Every detox they study comes back as being totally unfounded. "Yuh wull I *feel* so much better tho..." Yeah, that's called the placebo effect. You expect to feel better so you believe that you do. I don't love that Duval, who is paid to be in charge of knowing the nutritional and exercise science plans these kids should be on, doesn't seem clear on that science.

You wanna drink juice that's great, it's a lovely part of a proper diet. You wanna quit walking around with a massive dip like half the staff does or eating junk food for a week, by all means that's a good idea. You wanna own a juice bar, God bless.

The issue is when you start using your platform to take people's money on the premise that starving yourself for a week and drinking nothing but juice so you go into a calorie crash and shit your brains out is somehow washing away the evil bad health demons that hide in your colon. It doesn't.

It's the same premise as those a-holes who sell stickers you put on the bottom of your feet that change colors after a while and be like, "YOU SEE?!?! THE PAD SUCKED OUT THE TOXINS THROUGH YOUR FEET!!! TOXIN HEAVY, FOOT LOW, TOXIN SINK INTO FOOT AND PAD SUCK TOXIN OUT!"

And yes, technically he isn't the team dietitian. There are other people whose job it is to handle nutrition. But it's just as unhelpful as if the nutrition staff were out there tweeting about how lifting heavy weight isn't how you wanna do it, and low-weight-high-rep is the way to work out.

Last edited:
Sorry to disappoint... that was a one-time deal with Scott.

I know what you’re thinking... if only Cam was in yoga pants...
I call her "Miss Diazz" 'cause I'm nasty.
rs_634x1024-140530084416-634.Benji-Cameron-jmd-053014.jpg

Reactions: timnsun
For the next video, can we get some evidence of successfully hiking the ball on multiple snaps? Just sayin

Side note: I'd feel better about the S&C plans and the staff's knowledge if they weren't buying into the juice cleanse BS from Jason Peter talking about "detox" and boosting the immune system.

The science shows over and over that the only thing a cleanse cleans out is your wallet. Every detox they study comes back as being totally unfounded. "Yuh wull I *feel* so much better tho..." Yeah, that's called the placebo effect. You expect to feel better so you believe that you do. I don't love that Duval, who is paid to be in charge of knowing the nutritional and exercise science plans these kids should be on, doesn't seem clear on that science.

You wanna drink juice that's great, it's a lovely part of a proper diet. You wanna quit walking around with a massive dip like half the staff does or eating junk food for a week, by all means that's a good idea. You wanna own a juice bar, God bless.

The issue is when you start using your platform to take people's money on the premise that starving yourself for a week and drinking nothing but juice so you go into a calorie crash and shit your brains out is somehow washing away the evil bad health demons that hide in your colon. It doesn't.

It's the same premise as those a-holes who sell stickers you put on the bottom of your feet that change colors after a while and be like, "YOU SEE?!?! THE PAD SUCKED OUT THE TOXINS THROUGH YOUR FEET!!! TOXIN HEAVY, FOOT LOW, TOXIN SINK INTO FOOT AND PAD SUCK TOXIN OUT!"

And yes, technically he isn't the team dietitian. There are other people whose job it is to handle nutrition. But it's just as unhelpful as if the nutrition staff were out there tweeting about how lifting heavy weight isn't how you wanna do it, and low-weight-high-rep is the way to work out.
If they start cupping on the sidelines I might have a mild stroke.

On a serious note, the difference is no big belly this year like he had last year, kind of. He's also just better shaped now than he was year ago. Last off season, he literally looked like he went on a 6 month bulk and just got big and puffy. This time, he actually looks big, strong, and powerful. Basically, they had time put the weight in the right places and fine tuned his body to be an athletic O-Lineman. It'll only continue to get better over the next 3-4 years. That's what Husker Power and eating right does!

*Creatine

Oh yeah. Im just saying.

I think the NCAA mandates that schools cannot hand out creatine to their athletes anymore, if I remember correctly. It just means they have to get it on their own, and its a very cheap supplement, but still...I'd say lace that into all of their food and drinks, and mandate 5 hours of lifting PER DAY!!!

Oh yeah. Im just saying.

I think the NCAA mandates that schools cannot hand out creatine to their athletes anymore, if I remember correctly. It just means they have to get it on their own, and its a very cheap supplement, but still...I'd say lace that into all of their food and drinks, and mandate 5 hours of lifting PER DAY!!!
lol I probably should have put a wink in there to get my message across, I was just kidding, I gotchu. That's on me.

Is that real though with the NCAA? Been out of the NCAA game for a few years now so not sure the ruling on that stuff anymore. I used to get like basically NCAA athlete friendly/legal Creatine through 8 ball nutrition about 5 years ago but they sold to another company. It was sold through GNC, sucked when they sold out because that's the best stuff I ever used. Their pre-workout and post workout Creatine was clean and pure gold. I know you can get monohydrate at GNC but no clue if that's legal or not for NCAA.

lol I probably should have put a wink in there to get my message across, I was just kidding, I gotchu. That's on me.

Is that real though with the NCAA? Been out of the NCAA game for a few years now so not sure the ruling on that stuff anymore. I used to get like basically NCAA athlete friendly/legal Creatine through 8 ball nutrition about 5 years ago but they sold to another company. It was sold through GNC, sucked when they sold out because that's the best stuff I ever used. Their pre-workout and post workout Creatine was clean and pure gold. I know you can get monohydrate at GNC but no clue if that's legal or not for NCAA.

Oh, creatine is not banned, they just made a rule that schools couldn't give it out to their athletes for free anymore.

"Creatine" that's the stuff we consumed in mass quantities for workouts in the late 80s early 90s! Amazing that shit is still around. Not sure why Bama players were messing around with deer antler spary.

"Creatine" that's the stuff we consumed in mass quantities for workouts in the late 80s early 90s! Amazing that shit is still around. Not sure why Bama players were messing around with deer antler spary.
Well remember at Nebraska we're all about "doing the right thing"......lol. Yeah I can't confirm for sure or not if they're using it in Lincoln but I wouldn't be shocked if they were. I'd actually be shocked if they weren't using it. Pretty sure it's legal? I could be wrong but I don't think it falls under anabolics and it's definitely not a stimulant.

Oh, creatine is not banned, they just made a rule that schools couldn't give it out to their athletes for free anymore.
Could have looked at this post before replying to the other one for legality technicalities lol that makes sense though. Super easy to get. I'm sure there's a deal with the Lincoln GNC about their Creatine inventory.

It's still around because it actually works and is now cheap as hell. Every single player should be using it. From looking at Cam, does not look like he's on the juice. I imagine he hits the weights pretty hard, so if he was juiced up he would be looking a lot more ridiculous than that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT