ADVERTISEMENT

"Joint Possession" on a fumble; I wish we would get the memo on new rules.

bomber89

Assistant Head Coach
Oct 12, 2004
Ever heard of "Joint Possession" on a fumble? Man, I wish we could get a memo from the Big Ten office when they implement new rules in the middle of the season, oh well we can trust the Big Ten.

My hope is that all the rest of the conferences send their officiating crews to learn from the Big Ten refs, they always make the right calls and never let replay interrupt the flow of a game. I really respect the refs for giving time outs back to a team when they call one for a review even after it was looked at one time before the time out; thats grace we need to implement. That people is just called, doing the right thing.

Oh, when the play clock gets to 0, the refs shouldn't stop the play and call a penalty, that play clock thing is just a guideline not a hard rule. We need to be understanding that the quarterback just didn't mean to do it.

Oh, the rule on pass interference was not strict enough so the refs got together in the middle of the game and decided that if a wide out runs into a defender just standing there that this is Pass interference too as we can't allow a wide out to be stupid, that is not the way todays culture can operate. It is always someone elses fault for a wide out running into a standing defender. Get with the program people.

Good Job Big Ten and the Big Ten Referee's; you all are the model of professionalism!!

Reactions: jamina5
Ever heard of "Joint Possession" on a fumble? Man, I wish we could get a memo from the Big Ten office when they implement new rules in the middle of the season, oh well we can trust the Big Ten.

My hope is that all the rest of the conferences send their officiating crews to learn from the Big Ten refs, they always make the right calls and never let replay interrupt the flow of a game. I really respect the refs for giving time outs back to a team when they call one for a review even after it was looked at one time before the time out; thats grace we need to implement. That people is just called, doing the right thing.

Oh, when the play clock gets to 0, the refs shouldn't stop the play and call a penalty, that play clock thing is just a guideline not a hard rule. We need to be understanding that the quarterback just didn't mean to do it.

Oh, the rule on pass interference was not strict enough so the refs got together in the middle of the game and decided that if a wide out runs into a defender just standing there that this is Pass interference too as we can't allow a wide out to be stupid, that is not the way todays culture can operate. It is always someone elses fault for a wide out running into a standing defender. Get with the program people.

Good Job Big Ten and the Big Ten Referee's; you all are the model of professionalism!!
Let’s not forget the offside suing the interception!!!

Reactions: thetruth82

That possession call was flat out Bullshit they came up with, never heard of it. The P.I. was just a bad call. Someday we will take lousy officiating out of the game, they have too much power to control a game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT