ADVERTISEMENT

John Butler- New DBs coach. DC in waiting?

This dude better get it done or he’s fookin out. Simple as that. Croot hard, coach up the DBs.
Anyrhinf that helps us win

Reactions: WHCSC
Plus some of those games... yuck. Now I will grant you that it was during the worst of the scandal. His PPG allowed was 51st that year, 42nd in yards allowed. I am not certain what to make of that one year. But would rather find another 3-3-5 guy really, especially since we are recruiting for that now for several cycles.
Every NFL defense has some 3-3 package.

As a fellow football alumnus of The Catholic University of America, I approve this hire! There aren't that many of us, as the program was only resurrected in the late 1960s. Prior to that, it had been dropped during WWIi.
I don't know Butler (he's almost 20 years younger than me), but he was a good player and has climbed the ranks steadily. I look forward to seeing what he can do with the Huskers

I went from this
general hospital chair throw GIF
to this
Happy Fresh Prince GIF by Nick At Nite
in 24 hrs. Matt got it together man.

You have no opinion? Really? You post opinions on here all the time about posters you want to jab and spar with.

You’ve got an opinion, no doubt. But go ahead and wait to share your “opinion” after he has his first debacle as DB coach at Nebraska. That’s your style.

You know if Fickell or “Prime” had hired this guy he would suddenly be a stud, a home run, a winner.

I would hope we could get a more proven DC when White leaves. Butler only has one year of DC experience, and it was over a decade ago.
And the fact that he clearly stated, being a DC was his goal, didn't matter at what level but yet, never made it there.

Bottom line, when comparing resumes Butler’s is more impressive than Cooper’s. I’d rather Rhule cut bait with some of his staff if there not up to snuff sooner rather than later, unlike our previous coach.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Bottom line, when comparing resumes Butler’s is more impressive than Cooper’s. I’d rather Rhule cut bait with some of his staff if there not up to snuff sooner rather than later, unlike our previous coach.
I don't know if it's so much not up to snuff as Rhule must have real expectations for life outside of the field. And probably more importantly he doesn't seem desperate to fill his staff, so he can have real expectations.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I don't know if it's so much not up to snuff as Rhule must have real expectations for life outside of the field. And probably more importantly he doesn't seem desperate to fill his staff, so he can have real expectations.
The timing of it makes it seem like it was planned given how quick the position filled. If Cooper was that big of a problem I believe Rhule would have dismissed him immediately like he did with Wager.

Reactions: Truewooper
The timing of it makes it seem like it was planned given how quick the position filled. If Cooper was that big of a problem I believe Rhule would have dismissed him immediately like he did with Wager.
As some have already noted, Rhule has a long list of connections to coaches. Hiring somebody he’s this familiar with could have literally taken a 10 minute phone call.

Reactions: Truewooper
As a fellow football alumnus of The Catholic University of America, I approve this hire! There aren't that many of us, as the program was only resurrected in the late 1960s. Prior to that, it had been dropped during WWIi.
I don't know Butler (he's almost 20 years younger than me), but he was a good player and has climbed the ranks steadily. I look forward to seeing what he can do with the Huskers
My avatar approves.

Philly native. Bill O' Brien must have been a big fan. Needs to hit the recruiting trail hard touting the NFL experience and connections.

I'm still a little confused on why he would come here. Seemed to be on an upward trajectory in Buffalo, even if the passing game coordinator was just a title.
Have you ever been to Buffalo? Not much there.

The bills have consistently not gotten the stops they’ve needed in order to win when it matters most

I don’t know anything about this guy and neither does anyone else, so I have no opinion. I hope he’s good but I suspect he’s on the market for a reason.

The secondary was a big question mark prior to the coach leaving. Now even more so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT