ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Tressel OSU hire in 2001

Redmich

Senior
Jun 21, 2022
Can you imagine the shit storm that would ensue today if Ohio State or other blue blood decided to hire an FCS coach

Ballsy hire

Last edited:
Reactions: GaRed
He said he just got his cable installed and thought he'd try the local places. I suggested he try Mr Hui next time.
They opened up a second location in Lincoln and called it Mr. Hui's Number Two. That has to be the best name for a restaurant ever.

No shit, this place would implode.
I lived in Columbus at the time of the hire... It was not a pleasant announcement. Many fans were not happy. His style of play was not as popular as you think. Chris Speilman had the best analogy of it, punt and play defense until the opportunity to score presents itself. Tressel took very few chances on offense, he lived off his defense, and would he would flip the field on punts. Once the field was flipped he would take more chances on offense. Most people in Columbus hated it.

I believe he is bowl eligible 3 years in a row now. I think it is the first time in school history for 3 straight years. He has turned the team around and has several players from Nebraska on it.
Wyoming is happy winning 7 games a year and going to bowl games.

I think he will continue to grow it. He is slowly getting better players and are being drafted on a regular basis. Time will tell
Laramie is kind in the middle of nowhere with crappy air service. I’m not sure how well Bohl recruits. Allen had to beg for a scholarship

He is the one who laid the foundation for what is happening now, basically the Bobfather. Yes he won 2 back to back.
Absolutely right he built that program when he arrived 2003, after being Nebraska D/C from 2000-2003 and LBer coach from 1995 -1999..

I personally know him..

Reactions: WHCSC
Absolutely right he built that program when he arrived 2003, after being Nebraska D/C from 2000-2003 and LBer coach from 1995 -1999..

I personally know him..
I listened to an interview with him on ESPN (prior to being woke) when he first took over at Wyoming, and I was very impressed. He has a vision and knows the recipe for success. It is coming to fruition. The [program at Wyoming is here to stay, the foundation is not built on sand.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I listened to an interview with him on ESPN (prior to being woke) when he first took over at Wyoming, and I was very impressed. He has a vision and knows the recipe for success. It is coming to fruition. The [program at Wyoming is here to stay, the foundation is not built on sand.
Yes ESPN used to be so antiwoke when they literally had political shows called outside the lines and sports reporters that were pure politics. Not to mention you no longer have jemele hill, Keith olbermann or skip Bayless now. ESPN is less political and better now than it ever was.

Reactions: dinglefritz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT