ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylin Bradley

our usage of backs has been curious, but im not sure what bumps and bruises they might be nursing.
to me, tre really stood out as the #1, but hear what youre saying about jaylin.

our usage of backs has been curious, but im not sure what bumps and bruises they might be nursing.
to me, tre really stood out as the #1, but hear what youre saying about jaylin.
Burn his redshirt but don't get really serious about playing him until Purdue. Then an injury. But yesterday he was back from the injury and should have played more. Otherwise, why burn his shirt at all? What a waste.
I would love to see him start against Iowa and run for over 100.

no argument, pennsy. it seems impetuous.

plus, i know what its like to be behind enemy lines after a bad loss. i feel your pain.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Burn his redshirt but don't get really serious about playing him until Purdue. Then an injury. But yesterday he was back from the injury and should have played more. Otherwise, why burn his shirt at all? What a waste.
I would love to see him start against Iowa and run for over 100.

LOL. It would take six games for this line to block for 100 rushing yards.

Two points:
1. Clearly our most talented back
2. Stupidest burning of a redshirt I have ever seen.
Couldn't even get off the bench when the team was down 30 points! I am so sick of these coaches who refuse to give the young kids a chance to play. It has a lot of negative ramifications on the program.

Actually I think Bradley played enough to benefit himself this year. Some fans think he should've played more...we'll never know. It's a lot easier to coach when you don't have to manage PT

GBR

Prince A, Hagg and Niles Paul are other players somewhat recently that had completely wasted Fr seasons.
There have been several linemen that avoided redshirting only to ride the bench and receive minimal reps in practice.

Just a complete waste and typical of the backwards way the program has been run over the years.

Two points:
1. Clearly our most talented back
2. Stupidest burning of a redshirt I have ever seen.
He got hurt or he would have played a bunch more. I think burning his redshirt given the injuries we had at RB was completely reasonable. He's going to be ready to roll next year with quite a few snaps under his belt. IF he's clearly our most talented back, it would have been stupid to NOT play him.

He got hurt or he would have played a bunch more. I think burning his redshirt given the injuries we had at RB was completely reasonable. He's going to be ready to roll next year with quite a few snaps under his belt. IF he's clearly our most talented back, it would have been stupid to NOT play him.
Should have been playing more even before he was hurt. Other teams start freshman running backs. And Ozigbo/Wilbon are not great backs. Not terrible, but not difference makers.

I’m not going to say Bradley isn’t going to be a big contributor but to say he’s clearly the best seems to be a stretch. #1 - Of course he’s the most rested in a game where RBs get dinged all season so it’s not surprising that he has the most pep to his step. #2 - I didn’t see any remarkable speed or vision that other backs haven’t displayed on occasion.

Should have been playing more even before he was hurt. Other teams start freshman running backs. And Ozigbo/Wilbon are not great backs. Not terrible, but not difference makers.
He didn't get here until fall and he's a true freshman learning a WCO system I think they probably played him as soon as they thought he knew enough to be better than the older guys. I will note that he still almost got Lee killed a time to two when he missed his blitz pickup assignment.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Any RS burned this year was probably a waste. This year was a waste.
Other than linemen there's an argument to made for not redshirting anybody. It has to do with the scholarship limits and keeping guys on the roster an extra year when they may not ever be difference makers. You play them as soon as they can help and then replace them with somebody better when they are no longer elgible.

Other than linemen there's an argument to made for not redshirting anybody. It has to do with the scholarship limits and keeping guys on the roster an extra year when they may not ever be difference makers. You play them as soon as they can help and then replace them with somebody better when they are no longer elgible.
Right. You play to win the game. But when your season is a dumpster fire, burned redshirts are a waste. Hindsight I know.

Right. You play to win the game. But when your season is a dumpster fire, burned redshirts are a waste. Hindsight I know.
We didn't know we weren't playing for anything until after Northwestern. We haven't burned any since then. IF I were the kid, had a chance to play AND was good enough to play, I would be pissed if they didn't play me. You get them some game experience and let the chips fall where they may. I don't call getting game experience, getting to travel with the team and getting chance to move up the depth chart a wasted year. Pelini wasted some guys no doubt but the guys Riley has played as true freshmen have played quite a bit. I guarantee you that the new HC will be glad he did. It gives you the opportunity to bring in bigger recruiting classes and the chance to hit on more difference makers. IF the kid is that good that he can't be replaced, he was probably going to leave for the NFL early any way.

He didn't get here until fall and he's a true freshman learning a WCO system I think they probably played him as soon as they thought he knew enough to be better than the older guys. I will note that he still almost got Lee killed a time to two when he missed his blitz pickup assignment.
Don't disagree about the learning curve. But as for blocking for Lee, the other two backs haven't been much better

I thought Tre Bryant looked like our best RB and when healthy he is. I wish he’d never gotten hurt and seen how our offense did with him all year. Even with our line he was getting decent yardage until hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT