ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Foreman this morning

St. Anger

Assistant Head Coach
Dec 13, 2007
"If you aren't all in, you need to be all out. And if I'm on a team where a guy or group of guys isn't all in, I will find a way to get you all out."

Had a good story about a regime change while he played in Buffalo. You simply have to move on and play football. Benning agreed wholeheartedly and is still discussing.

You have to think the current coach's kept some of these guys b/c they gave them the best chance to win. If we don't win, might as well throw them out...

Once again, winning solves almost all problems

GBR

Jay Foreman doesn't know what he's talking about, just ask the resident idiots on the free board, they know more!
lol...who were the idiots yesterday saying Damon Benning doesn't know football and likes Iowa? You can't make this stuff up.

Jay Foreman doesn't know what he's talking about, just ask the resident idiots on the free board, they know more!

Jay Foreman/Damon Benning/Any TRUE Husker left in the area AND CLINTON CHILDS should storm North Stadium and that locker room and FIND OUT who is "in or out." GD IT, enough is enough. If Riley won't do it, find someone else to POLICE YOUR OWN. Sick of this sh!t, everyone look at each other, do a lot of standing around and talking.

I WANT SOME SKULLS CRACKED TOGETHER.

lol...who were the idiots yesterday saying Damon Benning doesn't know football and likes Iowa? You can't make this stuff up.

Bump the thread, quote all the posters saying it.

giphy.gif

Jay Foreman/Damon Benning/Any TRUE Husker left in the area AND CLINTON CHILDS should storm North Stadium and that locker room and FIND OUT who is "in or out." GD IT, enough is enough. If Riley won't do it, find someone else to POLICE YOUR OWN. Sick of this sh!t, everyone look at each other, do a lot of standing around and talking.

th

Two of your snot-nose jockeys did a fly-by on my tower at over 400 KNOTS! I want somebody's butt, I want it now, I've HAD IT!

Those guys are def great to listen to. Prob is, we've been hearing this stuff from them and others for a long time now. They are still right, but guys on the team are not really listening to that stuff. They haven't been in the situation, Jason Peter can describe until he is blue in the face, but those guys aren't going to understand how things were.

The level of influence previous players have on the current team is not as high as one might think.

Reactions: otismotis08
So we have some players on the team who are holding a grudge Bo was fired - Then sit them or kick them off the team if they cannot change - If their schollie is in question I think their parents would be none to happy.

Riley cannot tolerate this stuff - take a stand even if you cannot change attitudes overnight you can make these players at least on the outside not hurt the team

I think this is a great idea. The players know who's in and who's out. There needs to be a little get together with some current and former players to deal with this cancer once and for all.

Not that it matters, but who is the guy that Jay Foreman talked about being close with that was supposed to replace Jason Peter but got kicked off the team? Can't seem to recall that...

I guess something I did not think about until just now...what if it is not "some" players that are pro-bo, what if it is most of the players?

What then? Still sit them all, still kick them all off?

I guess I just assumed it might be a few players but what if it is like 60 players?

I think we have leadership, i.e. Jack Gangwish and some others. Question is, are they doing enough.

Jack Gangwish specifically said "I didn't think it was my place" that's not what a leader says. I agree he's done some things that give me hope that he could step into a leadership position, but not sure if he's there yet. And you need more than one part-time leader.

Who Cares. Grow up and play some ball. All this drama is getting old. Its sad this is what we have become. I'm sick of hearing about BO. He sucked. He should have been fired. Nebraska....Full of crybabies. NOW BEAT WISCONSIN AND ALL THIS CRAP STOPS.

I guess something I did not think about until just now...what if it is not "some" players that are pro-bo, what if it is most of the players?

What then? Still sit them all, still kick them all off?

I guess I just assumed it might be a few players but what if it is like 60 players?

No way its 60 players. But it doesn't have to be an overly huge number to cause major problems. With injuries and everything else, what if its only half the active defense? Or like 1 guy at each level?

That would be enough to make the team a lame animal.

One of them has Kiss in his sig. And he was criticizing my musical taste. That's like a midget telling Lebron James he's not that tall.
Kiss vs Metallica debate really depends on which decade you grew up in.. both are pretty non-talented

Kiss vs Metallica debate really depends on which decade you grew up in.. both are pretty non-talented

Whoooooaaaaaa...Define talent. I mean...I think Gene Simmons is pretty talented in the fields of entertainment and business.

Those guys are def great to listen to. Prob is, we've been hearing this stuff from them and others for a long time now. They are still right, but guys on the team are not really listening to that stuff. They haven't been in the situation, Jason Peter can describe until he is blue in the face, but those guys aren't going to understand how things were.

The level of influence previous players have on the current team is not as high as one might think.

Then walk the walk. What kind of "influence" are you talking about? Because it's clearly not the kind of "influence" I'm talking about.

All of the "Talking Heads/Former Players/Former Coaches/Etc." that are still local, that want to work their way into the media and chirp about "how it was in my day," do us ALL a favor. Break out your Apex practice jersey, lace up your hightop Converse turf shoes, do a few stretches so you don't blow out a hammy, and amass yourselves directly outside the doors of the stadium before practice is out. Enough talking, time to start doling out some of that good old fashioned "belly of the stadium, I'm gonna knock your teeth down your f*cking throat because I can, and nobody's gonna say SH!T about it to ANYBODY outside of this program" type justice.

If that doesn't take, rinse and repeat. You wanna act like a tough guy? Time to square up to a tough guy and take a beating like a man.

Then walk the walk. What kind of "influence" are you talking about? Because it's clearly n ot the kind of "influence" I'm talking about.

All of the "Talking Heads/Former Players/Former Coaches/Etc." that are still local, that want to work their way into the media and chirp about "how it was in my day," do us ALL a favor. Break out your Apex practice jersey, lace up your hightop Converse turf shoes, do a few stretches so you don't blow out a hammy, and amass yourselves directly outside the doors of the stadium before practice is out. Enough talking, time to start doling out some of that good old fashioned "belly of the stadium, I'm gonna knock your teeth down your f*cking throat because I can, and nobody's gonna say SH!T about it to ANYBODY outside of this program" type justice.

If that doesn't take, rinse and repeat. You wanna act like a tough guy? Time to square up to a tough guy and take a beating like a man.
huh-meme-generator-huh-what-0e4b63.jpg

...hence the problem with not having former NU players/coaches in the program. The fire is gone. We're just another college football team doing its thing.

REMEMBER: WE'RE F-ING NEBRASKA!

No way its 60 players. But it doesn't have to be an overly huge number to cause major problems. With injuries and everything else, what if its only half the active defense? Or like 1 guy at each level?

That would be enough to make the team a lame animal.
No matter how many it is you take action or it spreads - I think if you address the most obvious player issues the rest would sort itself out pretty quick

Hmm..if true and if they are current coaches, that may be an an issue the NCAA would like to take a gander at.

Then walk the walk. What kind of "influence" are you talking about? Because it's clearly not the kind of "influence" I'm talking about.

so you think the ex-players should show up and whip the current players into shape and give them a good old fashioned beat down.. did I get that right?

i'm gonna suggest you sober up first

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT