ADVERTISEMENT

Jaxon Lee

Slightly lost in all of this new era of recruiting is just how hard the experience must be for a lot of HS seniors. Unless you're a top 100 recruit there really can't be any certainty until you sign your NLI. I've been through this with a son that wanted to play JUCO baseball and it's hard watching a kid twist in the wind not knowing where they'll be going to school. I know it is said around here but it's true: they really are just kids.

Slightly lost in all of this new era of recruiting is just how hard the experience must be for a lot of HS seniors. Unless you're a top 100 recruit there really can't be any certainty until you sign your NLI. I've been through this with a son that wanted to play JUCO baseball and it's hard watching a kid twist in the wind not knowing where they'll be going to school. I know it is said around here but it's true: they really are just kids.
That’s what makes it cringe worthy to see someone call a player that changes commitment a piece a trash, loser, afraid of competition etc. what would those people say if it were there son?

I was an idiot when I was 18. Definitely just still a kid. That's not a knock on anyone, just that yeah, 18 year olds are just that. Kids. Some are definitely more mature than others, but still kids. Imagine being recruited by 30+ schools with adults promising you stuff, hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars being talked about in some cases. Then you finally commit, and you are then told, hey we are moving in a different direction etc.

I'd have found that completely overwhelming. I just don't think I can blame a kid for changing his mind when he is just doing the best he can, trying to set himself up for success in life.

If this were a 40 year old adult doing job interviews or job hopping for more income, or better hours etc, no one bats an eye and would say good for him, trying to do better in life. This isn't different beyond the fact you got fanatical fans watching every move they make.

The difference being that you seem to be the only person on this board worried and negative that we can make it to 85. Everyone else knew it would work itself out.
We will make it to 85 because we have to make it to 85. No shit. The concern is what proportion of the guys you are forcing out are contributors vs non-contributors. With a large HS class and already over the limit, there's a real possibility we will have to force out major contributors. And considering 10 of our recruits are 5.5 3 star or below, it's valid to question the wisdom of shipping out immediate contributors to make room for low rated freshmen who will be sitting on the bench for at least a few years.

We will make it to 85 because we have to make it to 85. No shit. The concern is what proportion of the guys you are forcing out are contributors vs non-contributors. With a large HS class and already over the limit, there's a real possibility we will have to force out major contributors. And considering 10 of our recruits are 5.5 3 star or below, it's valid to question the wisdom of shipping out immediate contributors to make room for low rated freshmen who will be sitting on the bench for at least a few years.
Hopefully Rhule has thought of this!

It's doubtful he has. He's probably cutting starters as we speak to make room for low 3 stars.
Lol.

"Hol up, Trev, what's this 85 schollie thing again? First I'm hearing if it. Could be a problem. Never fear, there's a couple dudes on the Rivals free board that seem to have a grip on it. Signing up for an account now."

They could meet up in the Cornhusker Hotel parking garage.
d78c5aa24bc76a66d306853912d38db9.gif

Reactions: HuskerO and nudan92
As long as none are on the DL, they won’t be missed

Major contributors on a 5-7 team are replaceable

• Haha
Reactions: mgbreis
The good news is that there’s another signing period and some of these kids may have more or better offers in January.

Look at that. In this case, they carried out the exact strategy I said they should.
Once again you use "they" as referring to who? Did the kid decommit or did we pull his scholarship? If we pulled it, it is puzzling that we would offer these kids with the condition that this is only good until we find someone better. Also, if it is a case of finding the better talent, we still have some lower rated kids that are in question.

If you know who "they" is then by all means take credit. If you don't know 100% then perhaps it is just a coincidence with one of a bazillion things you have said that actually came true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT