ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Peetz N

No actual quotes. Just a: "However, Husker Online has learned the deal with Peetz is not done and could be contingent on weather Mickey Joseph is part of the staff".
I call complete BS on this.

An assistant coach who is known to want to come back to Nebraska trying to throw his weight around to keep Mickey? Did they ever even work together?

So stupid.

Reactions: headcard

An assistant coach who is known to want to come back to Nebraska trying to throw his weight around to keep Mickey? Did they ever even work together?

So stupid.
Yes they worked together.

Yes they worked together.
Still BS IMO. If somehow true, Rhule should move on. Can't have your assistants trying to strong arm you out the gate. Now, if he told Rhule we would love to have Mickey on the staff, that's okay.

Reactions: HuskerO
For many years I hated the nepotism in football coaching (yes the definition of nepotism goes beyond just family). It wasn’t until Rhule that I’m kind of coming to understand it.

You can’t have a bunch of new people on a staff that you don’t know because then are you not only teaching and developing players, you are also teaching and developing staff… Look at our offense this past year and the massive dumpster fire it was. How much was that due to guys not being on the same page or understanding the system?

Having said that, I brought up Peetz for a few years now and many of you laughed at him and said he was garbage. Why the sudden change of heart?
You wanted him as the OC. That’s a HUGE difference between that and being Rhule’s QB coach.

Still BS IMO. If somehow true, Rhule should move on. Can't have your assistants trying to strong arm you out the gate. Now, if he told Rhule we would love to have Mickey on the staff, that's okay.
I think you’re interpreting what is going on incorrectly. I don’t believe there’s any “strong arming” going on. Mickey needs to make a decision. Rhule has to figure out who can coach what given the number of spots he has and a lot of that depends on what Mickey does. It’ll work out.

Reactions: Antwill and dand84

So stupid.
Don’t think it is that at all. The way I read it is we can have one or the other, not both due to salary asks. I thought I saw somewhere Peetz is already making $1.3M or something like that?

• Wow
Reactions: king_kong_
I think you’re interpreting what is going on incorrectly. I don’t believe there’s any “strong arming” going on. Mickey needs to make a decision. Rhule has to figure out who can coach what given the number of spots he has and a lot of that depends on what Mickey does. It’ll work out.
It really depends on how the thing is interpreted. One way is just dumb. The other makes sense.

I suspect Mickey is holding out to see if a head coaching offer is coming his way. But he'll have to decide pretty soon. I doubt Rhule will wait a whole lot longer for him to decide and recruiting is urgent.
Either Mickey wants to be here or he doesn't. If he wants to gamble on a HC job...decline Rhule...and move on. It comes to a point Rhule has to move on for the betterment of getting recruiters out etc. I can say that and still hope MJ stays. But a TEAM isn't about one coach staying or leaving

Either Mickey wants to be here or he doesn't. If he wants to gamble on a HC job...decline Rhule...and move on. It comes to a point Rhule has to move on for the betterment of getting recruiters out etc. I can say that and still hope MJ stays. But a TEAM isn't about one coach staying or leaving
Rhule is trying to make it work. He’s got a little time.

Ah.

HCMR said to return to greatness everybody who bleeds red has to be on board and contribute any way they can. Unfortunately he will have at least one former player not pulling on the rope.

What turned me off about the interview is he made it personal. Said HCMR is a snake oil salesman. Implied he lied when he said he wants to raise his kids here because he will bolt in a heartbeat if the PSU job opens. Said he has a history of winning just enough to find a better job, then moving on.

Then he spewed the doom you mention about NU being irrelevant, plus no recruits from Texas wanting to come here, and no recruits from the east coast coming no further than OSU or Michigan. Said there was nothing wrong with S&C under Duval, it was just our players were no good. And yes, apparently has a dislike of Trev going back a long time.

The way I heard it it all boiled down to he doesn't like Trev and he wanted Mickey to get the job, so now he is angry and doing what he can to backdoor the new staff.
Never listened to him. Sure sounds like a Debbie downer

Never listened to him. Sure sounds like a Debbie downer
You’ve read his takes repeated on this board multiple times. Helpful background is Shanle doesn’t like Trev and Rhule fired one of his buddies from Carolina’s staff He’s a charter member of the tradition coalition and he actually compared Trev to Pederson.

Reactions: dand84 and WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT