ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Peetz N

Isn’t shanle a media person?

It’s his job to say stuff to get you to react

Have you ever heard a comic say his mother-in-law is a delight? No! Because that’s not funny

Believe it or not, sometimes people on tv/the radio say things they don’t really believe because it’s their job to do so
When a comic says he doesn't like his mother-in-law his spiel doesn't drip the same venom I was hearing from Shanle. Maybe it is just how I heard it and others will disagree, but he seemed to really hate Trev and the new hire and seemed genuinely pissed Mickey didn't get the nod.

Isn’t shanle a media person?

It’s his job to say stuff to get you to react

Have you ever heard a comic say his mother-in-law is a delight? No! Because that’s not funny

Believe it or not, sometimes people on tv/the radio say things they don’t really believe because it’s their job to do so
When you sound like a jackass doing it, you expose yourself as a jackass, or insincere, both of which are bad.

HCMR said to return to greatness everybody who bleeds red has to be on board and contribute any way they can. Unfortunately he will have at least one former player not pulling on the rope.

What turned me off about the interview is he made it personal. Said HCMR is a snake oil salesman. Implied he lied when he said he wants to raise his kids here because he will bolt in a heartbeat if the PSU job opens. Said he has a history of winning just enough to find a better job, then moving on.

Then he spewed the doom you mention about NU being irrelevant, plus no recruits from Texas wanting to come here, and no recruits from the east coast coming no further than OSU or Michigan. Said there was nothing wrong with S&C under Duval, it was just our players were no good. And yes, apparently has a dislike of Trev going back a long time.

The way I heard it it all boiled down to he doesn't like Trev and he wanted Mickey to get the job, so now he is angry and doing what he can to backdoor the new staff.
He is a bitch

You can't blame Coach Rhule for assembling coaches you know and trust will do an outstanding job. For too long we've had assistants who were retreads and some out of coaching all together, given a job just because they were friends.

You want really qualified people to get you out of a rut and these coaches seem to be very qualified and up to the task. Nebraska has been stuck in the ditch way too long and it's going to take the right people who know how to get the storied program moving again, it won't happen overnight but it will happen. GBR!
For many years I hated the nepotism in football coaching (yes the definition of nepotism goes beyond just family). It wasn’t until Rhule that I’m kind of coming to understand it.

You can’t have a bunch of new people on a staff that you don’t know because then are you not only teaching and developing players, you are also teaching and developing staff… Look at our offense this past year and the massive dumpster fire it was. How much was that due to guys not being on the same page or understanding the system?

Having said that, I brought up Peetz for a few years now and many of you laughed at him and said he was garbage. Why the sudden change of heart?

For many years I hated the nepotism in football coaching (yes the definition of nepotism goes beyond just family). It wasn’t until Rhule that I’m kind of coming to understand it.

You can’t have a bunch of new people on a staff that you don’t know because then are you not only teaching and developing players, you are also teaching and developing staff… Look at our offense this past year and the massive dumpster fire it was. How much was that due to guys not being on the same page or understanding the system?
I did a post early in the search saying that we needed a CEO-style coach rather than an elite OC/DC as HC. It is more about culture than X's and O's, although those are important. When you get that style of coach, everyone has to be singing from the same sheet and that is what he is doing. Good post.

It will be interesting to see how this staff shakes out. If Peetz is coaching QB’s, will the new OC coach TE’s?

Headcard I know me and you fought about this last week and I don’t mean any ill will but recent history kind of shows that a TE isn’t a big part of Rhule’s offense. Satterfield’s either really this year. Which is kind of strange because both Matt and Marcus both have coached TE.

Some guys just don’t prefer it. It’s not a negative or a positive really. It’s just their system. Now we can go back and look at times where both these guys have used TEs more but as of late, it’s just not a huge part of the scheme. Some systems just see TEs as a 6th O-lineman

I think we are in a better position than what he took over at both Temple and Baylor. Granted, the B1G is harder, but we could have easily won 6 to 7 this year. I'm not expecting miracles, but with the work MJ and staff did keeping this team fighting and having better practices and a better work ethic, I wouldn't be surprised if we do a lot better next year than expected.
Yes as long as we can retain as many players as possible from last year. For the non elite teams returning production is a huge indicator of success. ISU was a huge example of it. Nebraska in 2016 had one of the top 20 teams in returning production.

Reactions: headcard
When you sound like a jackass doing it, you expose yourself as a jackass, or insincere, both of which are bad.
I have never heard him say a single word

But seems like appointment listening to you

Hate is the strongest emotion humans can muster. Lots of people make lots of money being hated

Worst thing a pundit can do is either confuse or elicit zero emotion in a listener

Headcard I know me and you fought about this last week and I don’t mean any ill will but recent history kind of shows that a TE isn’t a big part of Rhule’s offense. Satterfield’s either really this year. Which is kind of strange because both Matt and Marcus both have coached TE.

Some guys just don’t prefer it. It’s not a negative or a positive really. It’s just their system. Now we can go back and look at times where both these guys have used TEs more but as of late, it’s just not a huge part of the scheme. Some systems just see TEs as a 6th O-lineman

As I recall our disagreement was over your belief that Fidone was leaving because of the new coach and how he uses TE's.

I had been watching some USCjr games the last couple of days, and it seems like they move their TE's around and target them more than we do. So I looked it up and also looked up the self proclaimed "TE U" in Iowa City.

USCjr TE's: 56 rec. 585 yards

Nebraska TE's: 37 rec 392 yards

Iowa TE's: 26 rec 368 yards

You are not totally wrong. He TE's avg ~350 yards a season. But they are often on the field blocking. I think a lot of NFL teams are looking for TE's who can block and catch so I am not sure if it is a huge negative. Just depends if the TEs want 800 yards or 300 and learning very useful blocking skills.

It would be slightly more accurate to mean that they are used in the offense just not as often in the passing game.

HCMR said to return to greatness everybody who bleeds red has to be on board and contribute any way they can. Unfortunately he will have at least one former player not pulling on the rope.

What turned me off about the interview is he made it personal. Said HCMR is a snake oil salesman. Implied he lied when he said he wants to raise his kids here because he will bolt in a heartbeat if the PSU job opens. Said he has a history of winning just enough to find a better job, then moving on.

Then he spewed the doom you mention about NU being irrelevant, plus no recruits from Texas wanting to come here, and no recruits from the east coast coming no further than OSU or Michigan. Said there was nothing wrong with S&C under Duval, it was just our players were no good. And yes, apparently has a dislike of Trev going back a long time.

The way I heard it it all boiled down to he doesn't like Trev and he wanted Mickey to get the job, so now he is angry and doing what he can to backdoor the new staff.
Problem with Shanle and those who spew gloom and doom is that they aren't going to allow anyone who doesn't have ties to the Nebraska program in the past a chance to prove themselves. As far as Rhule eventually leaving well that may happen but as long as he gets the program back on track I'll trust Alberts to hire the next great coach to keep things humming.

You just got to believe things are going to work out and Saturday's will be fun again, thank God.

Peetz made 1.2 mil at LSU. I dont know how much he was making in LA.

Wonder what the total $ is so far for these hires? Still have a DC to hire and a couple more assistants. This may work out that there is not enough money left to meet Mickey's demands . Who knows. Maybe MJ will go for longer contract....less money

I have never heard him say a single word

But seems like appointment listening to you

Hate is the strongest emotion humans can muster. Lots of people make lots of money being hated

Worst thing a pundit can do is either confuse or elicit zero emotion in a listener
Didn't listen to a word but you have a lot to say. Sounds about right for you. When he's on a station I listen to, I hear him. Your discussion of hate is weird, as is your opinion on pundits. Dynamite take all around.

Callahan saying Peetz could be contingent on whether Mick Joseph is on staff. What??

Didn't listen to a word but you have a lot to say. Sounds about right for you. When he's on a station I listen to, I hear him. Your discussion of hate is weird, as is your opinion on pundits. Dynamite take all around.
Sheesh fella

Shanle really has your thong in a knot

Maybe he's insisting on MJ not being on the staff before he agrees? If he's demanding MJ be here before he signs, flush him.

I could see it being either way. either he really wants to work with Mickey or their isn't going to be enough $$ to pay both of them.

Reactions: dinglefritz
did anyone read sip's article?

were there any actual quotes in there?

I want to see quotes.

otherwise I will assume sip is furthering an agenda, per usual

No actual quotes. Just a: "However, Husker Online has learned the deal with Peetz is not done and could be contingent on weather Mickey Joseph is part of the staff".

Reactions: king_kong_
O
No actual quotes. Just a: "However, Husker Online has learned the deal with Peetz is not done and could be contingent on weather Mickey Joseph is part of the staff".
Who knows except Rhule and Trev. Lots of moving parts. If MJ is holding out for $$$...he is decreasing his chances with every coach Rhule hires that has a 1 mil tag. At the end...there may not be enough to pay Mickey anymore than his original salary of $600

Maybe Rhule is waiting to see what is left after he hires a $$$ DC before he makes final decision at the last few positions.....Mickey included.

Maybe Satterfield will coach the Offensive Line? He was an assistant OL coach for Carolina under Rhule in 2020.
I think Satterfield is the swing coach on offense that can handle any of the remaining open positions. On offense, the rest of the moves and assignments likely depend on what Mickey decides to do.

Maybe Rhule is waiting to see what is left after he hires a $$$ DC before he makes final decision at the last few positions.....Mickey included.

If he's smart he should hire them all. And then go to Trev and tell him he needs more $$ to keep Mickey. Would be hard for Trev to say no in that scenario.

Reactions: oldjar07
O

Who knows except Rhule and Trev. Lots of moving parts. If MJ is holding out for $$$...he is decreasing his chances with every coach Rhule hires that has a 1 mil tag. At the end...there may not be enough to pay Mickey anymore than his original salary of $600
I suspect Mickey is holding out to see if a head coaching offer is coming his way. But he'll have to decide pretty soon. I doubt Rhule will wait a whole lot longer for him to decide and recruiting is urgent.

Problem with Shanle and those who spew gloom and doom is that they aren't going to allow anyone who doesn't have ties to the Nebraska program in the past a chance to prove themselves. As far as Rhule eventually leaving well that may happen but as long as he gets the program back on track I'll trust Alberts to hire the next great coach to keep things humming.

You just got to believe things are going to work out and Saturday's will be fun again, thank God.
Shanle let the cat out of the bag when he admitted he’s still mad about Franks firing and compared Trev to Pederson🙄. Apparently He thinks Trev was part of that.

Additionally one needs to realize that one of his friends in the NFL from his connections with the Saints was Joe Brady the guy Rhule fired at Carolina. Lots of contradictory logic being used by Shanle when I listen to him. He’s a good listen and has a right to his opinion but his argument is pretty easy to poke holes in

Reactions: HuskerO
O

I believe the hold up is that Mickey is a candidate for several head coaching jobs and more will likely open up. We’ve got some time yet but no doubt he’s got some sort of deadline. It will work itself out soon.

Reactions: BleedRed78
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT