ADVERTISEMENT

Jaidyn Doss

That just shows that we have some decent WR now, and that we whiffed on 3 guys and counting in Rhules first class. (At Wr) My guess is none of the three so far ever make a start for us.
Just a hunch

Last edited:
Rhule gets it! I love the fact that he is willing to try guys out at other positions. The NFL draft has a surprising number of guys picked every year who have moved around once or twice. Historically, I cannot remember a coaching staff that was willing to move guys around like these guys do. It never made sense to me that our staff wouldn't do more of that.

The class with Coleman and Lloyd? Haven't both already started? We absolutely didn't miss on those 2.
Lloyd is a stud. Keep him and Jacory Barney on the field as much as possible. Those two just make plays and Raiola will get them the ball. Coleman is still pretty "raw" apparently, but I'd like to have him work things out while still getting a lot of playing time rather than have him ride the bench.

That just shows that we have some decent WR now, and that we whiffed on 3 guys and counting in Rhules first class. (At Wr) My guess is none of the three so far ever make a start for us.
Just a hunch
Who are you talking about?

Lloyd is a stud. Keep him and Jacory Barney on the field as much as possible. Those two just make plays and Raiola will get them the ball. Coleman is still pretty "raw" apparently, but I'd like to have him work things out while still getting a lot of playing time rather than have him ride the bench.
I'm happier with Coleman than most on this board. Teams like MSU opted to just tackle him with the ball in the air rather than take a chance on him making a big play. I can't remember a NU WR getting mugged as much as him. I think that speaks volumes to the matchup problems he creates.

I’m very interested to see how Lloyd develops in the short/intermediate game

Coleman has the highest upside in the room

Barney has played in one glorified practice. Can he run routes? Can he get off the line against D1 corners? Can/will he block? We’ll see

And most importantly, we need to see what Satt’s vision for the offense is. He’s never operated a consistently high-powered attack and I dont really expect that to change given all our unknowns

I’m very interested to see how Lloyd develops in the short/intermediate game

Coleman has the highest upside in the room

Barney has played in one glorified practice. Can he run routes? Can he get off the line against D1 corners? Can/will he block? We’ll see

And most importantly, we need to see what Satt’s vision for the offense is. He’s never operated a consistently high-powered attack and I dont really expect that to change given all our unknowns
Hopefully Thomas can help out in that respect. I know he is a pretty experienced qb coach and has spent time in the NFL.

Reactions: huskerj12
I also like that he is a dedicated qb coach. Satt has coached it but it doesn't seem like it's his true love. Seems to coach it as needed.
after the season Haarberg talked about that

basically zero technique, all OC stuff last season

I'm also glad we finally have a dedicated QB coach like 100% of the rest of D1 football programs

Who are you talking about?
So from Rhules first class, Doss, Charles, and Turner are already moved over to defense after a year or less. Of the WR group.
I mean, it is what it is, but I don’t think you see many guys who switch that become starters or really even play… a la Ruquan Buckley.
Our WR recruiting is not high end and that needs to change if we want to actually win anything or make the playoffs.
Everyone liked this kid coach from TX… but I am skeptical at this point tbh

Edit: I did like this most recent class of WR

So from Rhules first class, Doss, Charles, and Turner are already moved over to defense after a year or less. Of the WR group.
I mean, it is what it is, but I don’t think you see many guys who switch that become starters or really even play… a la Ruquan Buckley.
Our WR recruiting is not high end and that needs to change if we want to actually win anything or make the playoffs.

I think Doss was a holdover commit from Frost but I could be wrong. You make a good point. The only think I would say against that is that I think Rhule's philosophy is to bring in fast, athletic guys and see if they hit. Have them try a couple positions. Even though they started out at WR, I don't remember them being labeled as only a WR. Osborne would have labeled them "Athlete" in his classes. In today's era of "Here Today, Gone Tomorrow" player rosters, I think it's pretty crafty to roll the dice on some guys.

Reactions: dinglefritz

In fairness, again looking apples to apples. Charles and Turner moved to defense in their first years in the program and were listed as DBs for the entire season I believe. Doss started practicing over on D late in his RS year. All 3 will have 4 years to play DB. Buckley moved late in his 3rd year.

Rhule was hired after Thanksgiving, IIRC. I prefer to give him credit for securing a legit national recruit in Coleman and being the only D1 coach to give Lloyd a scholarship. The 2024 class was truly the first class and I think they did excellent.

I feel like I'm out of the loop - what happened to Tommi Hill?

is it fair?

neither of our "#1 corners" have ever been asked to be a #1 corner at this level.
It's fair to say we have our #1 corners. If they're good enough is another discussion. Position is a big question mark on lots of different ways.

It's fair to say we have our #1 corners. If they're good enough is another discussion. Position is a big question mark on lots of different ways.
It’s really not considering Rhule just yesterday said Blye’s injury will linger into the season

We have a corner who’s played a lot and seemed to get better last year as the #2 corner (hill).

We have an injured guy who’s never played above FCS (blye).

And we have the rest, now including 3 WR castoffs.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT