ADVERTISEMENT

It’s a new month

You may be right about the mental state and I may be wrong, just what it seems to me. Just the feeling I get watching him on the sidelines interacting with some players, press conferences from him and Chins this week, publicly throwing players under the bus the last few weeks. Difficulty correctly assess where his team is relative to other programs the last 2 seasons.

I know this is making me sound like a Frost hater, I'm really not. I don't really hate any coaches and I know coaches make mistakes. I just think people are blaming everyone around Frost (and I think Frost is doing this as well). It is just that the narrative is now Frost needs his guys, Frost is ok but his staff sucks, we have no talent, players aren't bought in, etc etc etc. My problem is no one is really holding Frost accountable.

From my perspective, Frost is f-cking up just as bad as the rest of his coaches and his players and he isn't owning it. While everyone bags on the defense, his premier offense this year is about 1 ppg better than Riley's 2017 team, meanwhile the D is roughly 7 ppg better than the 2017 D, has improved over last year but it is all Chin's fault. This isn't excusing Chin's, btw, just calling out that the emperor has no clothes.

I get so tired of this ridiculous narrative. Frost takes accountability and owns his mistakes all the time, you just choose not to accept it. Also when a coach points out the mistakes and shortcomings of a team, it is not throwing the players under the bus. Coaches are ultimately responsible for the teams performance, so when they say we didn’t do this or that well enough, they aren’t “blaming” the players.

Reactions: huskerssalts
I get so tired of this ridiculous narrative. Frost takes accountability and owns his mistakes all the time, you just choose not to accept it. Also when a coach points out the mistakes and shortcomings of a team, it is not throwing the players under the bus. Coaches are ultimately responsible for the teams performance, so when they say we didn’t do this or that well enough, they aren’t “blaming” the players.

This may be what Dand may be talking about. This is from last year, but may still hold some water.

https://saturdaytradition.com/nebra...to-pass-the-buck-for-nebraskas-abysmal-start/

Reactions: NikkiSixx
To me, it feels like the low point of HCSF's tenure so far. Some of the coaches and especially Frost look either lost, confused, or like they would rather be anywhere but here. I think the pressure cooker is getting to them.

Does this team bounce back and get a much needed win and set us up that much closer to a bowl game or do they fold, lose the game, and possibly lose the team in the process?

I'd like to think Frost can learn from his numerous mistakes over the last 2 years and bounce back and get this team performing more like they were at the end of last year. We've seen signs earlier this year with the D and lately with the O, but we still haven't been able to put it together for a full game.
I think if they lose tomorrow is it ball game for the year. I don't see us winning another game and another 4-8 year is something that is going to be tough to explain away. Not only to the fans, but to the players and recruits. I think it is going to be very very tough for Frost to flip this thing if we have another 4-8 year.

From the Omaha World Herald after the Minnesota game:

Frost had a long talk with his team in the locker room. A frank message.

“He challenged us,” Stille said. “When tough times happen, you can keep going or pack it up.”

Now this wasn't a team meeting, but it was the coach giving his team a long talk after the game.

Still quite a bit of a difference after that game and after the Indiana game. Literally nothing close to the same.

I think if they lose tomorrow is it ball game for the year. I don't see us winning another game and another 4-8 year is something that is going to be tough to explain away. Not only to the fans, but to the players and recruits. I think it is going to be very very tough for Frost to flip this thing if we have another 4-8 year.

man you have fallen my man. Me and you are usually eye and eye when it comes to Husker football (for the most part). I absolutely think we can beat Purdue and Maryland. But it will matter which Husker team shows up. Maryland and Purdue both have struggled a lot, neither team is very good and Purdue has struggled the worst out of the three teams. Purdue is beat up as bad or worse then us and they are younger then us. As long as we show up tomorrow, we shouldn’t lose. I see us going maybe 2-2 the next 4 games. With any luck, if we really start to get our ducks in a row...maybe 3-1. GBR

Reactions: husker2612
man you have fallen my man. Me and you are usually eye and eye when it comes to Husker football (for the most part). I absolutely think we can beat Purdue and Maryland. But it will matter which Husker team shows up. Maryland and Purdue both have struggled a lot, neither team is very good and Purdue has struggled the worst out of the three teams. Purdue is beat up as bad or worse then us and they are younger then us. As long as we show up tomorrow, we shouldn’t lose. I see us going maybe 2-2 the next 4 games. With any luck, if we really start to get our ducks in a row...maybe 3-1. GBR
Yeah this year has done a number on my confidence. This team has shown me nothing to this point to indicate we will beat Wisc or Iowa. Maryland is almost identical to us. So I could see them having a slight edge and home and they will probably be -3 fav going in. Purdue, I have heard they are getting Moore back. If that is the case, our D is going to have a tough time stopping him. As we have shown we make average players look like Heisman contenders. He is no average player. Again on a team confidence level this is the worst team we will face the rest of the year if they can't get a W over them I don't see it happening against any others.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT