ADVERTISEMENT

Is Raiola sick?

He's been told don't make mistakes that can beat us, and guess what he's done just that. Great play for a true frosh.
I guess if your definition of “great play” is being so off target that nobody on the field, offense or defense, can make a play on the ball, then he might be in the Heisman running after that second half.

Reactions: timnsun
I guess if your definition of “great play” is being so off target that nobody on the field, offense or defense, can make a play on the ball, then he might be in the Heisman running after that second half.
He didn't beat us today. If you want to bitch why didn't we run the ball better against a team that was 120+ against the rush in ypc? I'll listen to that.

He didn't beat us today. If you want to bitch why didn't we run the ball better against a team that was 120+ against the rush in ypc? I'll listen to that.
I’ve bitched plenty about the below average running game. Raiola played awful and he’d be first to admit that.

His body language is awful. Put in HH and run the rock.
It was the exact same way after the bad 4th quarter drive against Illinois, and that carried over into the next drive and OT. Since my buddies seats were 3 rows up from the bench it was hard to not notice. HH legs could have at least made the defense have to adjust, and it's not like he would have been worse passing the ball considering that DRs throws were no where near accurate the 2nd half.

Reactions: ZaneHickey
DR definitely did not play well in the 2nd half. I do think Rutgers had a good secondary, as they did not give up many open looks.

DR needs to stop losing so many yards on the sacks, though. Step up and stop spinning around and giving ground

Reactions: Zeke2005
He's an 18 year old kid. Who knows what happened this week but if he's not sick, something got in his head. Or maybe he just didn't have it today. Part of his learning process is figuring out how to get locked in when he is off. And I'm sure he will.
Body language was horrible. I noticed after a missed throw or 2 the receivers would look back and have that WTF expression. Off day, it happens. He’ll grow from it, get his mojo back during the off week.

This. We were moving the ball so well with the power running game, wearing them down, and our young QB was having an off day. I can't believe we kept trying to pass. After that fake punt saved us, it should’ve been a no-brainer to just keep running. But no, we went for the big play and almost blew it. The offensive staff really needs to see that they almost lost us the game—not the players.

Rutgers/purdue/northwestern is the same as playing one of the dakotas in August

Everyone talks about the SEC playing cupcake noncons late in the year, we play these league doormats

Same thing

Great week to work on some stuff

Reactions: HuskAir
This. We were moving the ball so well with the power running game, wearing them down, and our young QB was having an off day. I can't believe we kept trying to pass. After that fake punt saved us, it should’ve been a no-brainer to just keep running. But no, we went for the big play and almost blew it. The offensive staff really needs to see that they almost lost us the game—not the players.
Rutgers upped their effort to limit the run. Satt was playcalling with a 14 point lead in a really windy stadium. Raiola was off his game. That in a nutshell is the second half. Credit to the defense and Buschini for just locking in and getting it done.

Rutgers upped their effort to limit the run. Satt was playcalling with a 14 point lead in a really windy stadium. Raiola was off his game. That in a nutshell is the second half. Credit to the defense and Buschini for just locking in and getting it done.
Agree, seemed like Rutgers really began to focus on stopping the run, especially seeing a struggling Raiola. Same as we did to Kaliakmanis… shut down the run and make him make plays. Couldn’t do it.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Our OC is a pass-first, finesse kind of guy

He was handpicked by our head coach

Just accept it. This is what we want to be.

He looks lethargic out there, not his normal self… anyone hear some things?
Thought he dangled his right arm coming off the field in the second half. Looked like he might have had a stinger. Maybe it was as just the wind affecting his throws and making be it wasn’t. He didn’t try anything deep in the second half and took sacks he hasn’t been taking.

Whatever the reason, it's his worst day so far. Everyone has an off day so the key will be if/how he comes back next game. Looked bad in the second half.
There’s a lot of stupidity in this thread. Hope it’s just Budweiser talking. They’re never going to tell us but I would bet money he got banged up on one of the earlier sacks.

Re-watch the game. Look at his his receivers and decisions and tell me it wasn't a terrible performance.
The question for me was “was it the wind or did he get banged up”. Some commentary was that Schiano confused him with his defensive schemes. Dylan looked tentative and afraid to let the ball fly. Confusion, wind or injury?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT