ADVERTISEMENT

Is Raiola ok w/ Danny staying?

I would think so. Those two have been recruited at the same time and the same recruiting functions for a couple years now. There's always been a pecking order.

Raiola will certainly play right away. I'm sure that the goal is that he plays very well and would leave early for the draft after three seasons. Hopefully Kaelin can redshirt. If Kaelin stays at NU (let's face it, as a four star backup he'll have transfer options down the road), he would have two potential seasons as a starter.

Danny K... We still love you

Come Let Me Love You GIF

I would think so. Those two have been recruited at the same time and the same recruiting functions for a couple years now. There's always been a pecking order.

Raiola will certainly play right away. I'm sure that the goal is that he plays very well and would leave early for the draft after three seasons. Hopefully Kaelin can redshirt. If Kaelin stays at NU (let's face it, as a four star backup he'll have transfer options down the road), he would have two potential seasons as a starter.
4 star?

Everyone understands when a person only looks out for themselves because that is the ordinary. But what is best for the Nebraska football program? If we are ever going to be great again we need players who also think about what is best for the team. It sounds like DK is thinking GBR. Now lets see what DR is thinking and go from there. Because as a long time fan of Nebraska football I guarantee you we will need all of these QBs to have a successful season and continue building the program back up.

I think there’s a fair chance that Chubba plays a LOT next fall IF he’s not starting at the beginning of the season. I have a hard time believing they would throw Dylan to the wolves on day one.
I think Dylan is good enough to start from day one. Chubba can be the experienced backup if he stays. JMHO.

Haha you really think DR cares at all about DK? I mean he was going to Georgia to compete against elite QB talent and you think he's afraid to go up against the QB talent we have here? This has got to be a joke. I guess a better question would be Why would Raiola want Danny to leave?

I think there’s a fair chance that Chubba plays a LOT next fall IF he’s not starting at the beginning of the season. I have a hard time believing they would throw Dylan to the wolves on day one.
You are starting to venture into an area with Chubba that concerns me. Reminds me of the beginnings of another poster you are very familiar with.

Just looking out…

Ffs, if we sign dylan than trot chubba out there to turn the ball over and lose games, there will be a mutiny and rightly so. Your takes cant be any worse or more incorrect.

I think Dylan is good enough to start from day one. Chubba can be the experienced backup if he stays. JMHO.
I kinda hope that happens. From 2023, Purdy was the best passing QB. If he stays and gets more coaching and confidence with better pieces around him, he’ll be a pretty good backup.

HH can stay if he switches positions, TE maybe.

Reactions: arf_man
LOL. That’s like saying, I think there’s a fair chance we suck again next year

Dingle keeps thinking something going to finally work out with Chubba. It would be funny it wasn’t so sad

0-5 record🥺
50.96% completion %😔
53-104 529 yards 😩
2 passing TD & 6 picks 😳

And he’s always hurt. Always!!!! guys who are always battling injuries just don’t have either the DNA to remain healthy or the grit. Sorry, we have to replace Chubba next year.

Keep betting on something that loses and then get upset when they don’t win is the definition of insanity

Give Dylan the keys and say have fun. He doesn’t have the stink of losing on him yet like Chubba does

I have a hard time seeing them not start Dylan next year. I think he’s coming in to be the starter, hands-down. And he’s good enough to do that.

LOL. That’s like saying, I think there’s a fair chance we suck again next year

Dingle keeps thinking something going to finally work out with Chubba. It would be funny it wasn’t so sad

0-5 record🥺
50.96% completion %😔
53-104 529 yards 😩
2 passing TD & 6 picks 😳

And he’s always hurt. Always!!!! guys who are always battling injuries just don’t have either the DNA to remain healthy or the grit. Sorry, we have to replace Chubba next year.

Keep betting on something that loses and then get upset when they don’t win is the definition of insanity

Give Dylan the keys and say have fun. He doesn’t have the stink of losing on him yet like Chubba does
Dont forget the fumbles.
He’s never done anything good. Oh he’s completed a few passes and taken off running on some broken plays where the defense had their back to him….99% of college qbs who have ever played can say the same. Few can say theyve gone 0-5 with abysmal stats.

Oh but hes a really solid passer and qb according to dingle and the 8 nfl qb coches dingle is close personal friends with.

Haha you really think DR cares at all about DK? I mean he was going to Georgia to compete against elite QB talent and you think he's afraid to go up against the QB talent we have here? This has got to be a joke. I guess a better question would be Why would Raiola want Danny to leave?

This

There is a HUGE gap between these two. It baffles me that people aren't getting this

(And yes, I hope DK stays N)

Reactions: huskerfan1414
I have a hard time seeing them not start Dylan next year. I think he’s coming in to be the starter, hands-down. And he’s good enough to do that.
It’s hard to know he’ll be good enough to start by week 1. I don’t disagree that he probably will be good enough to start games next fall. The question will be if he’s far enough along mentally to playing against P5 defenses as a true freshman. I think the ideal situation would be to work him in like Dabo did with Lawrence.

It’s going to be interesting to see how they handle it. The transition from high school to college football is rarely smooth. B1G DCs are no joke.

It’s hard to know he’ll be good enough to start by week 1. I don’t disagree that he probably will be good enough to start games next fall. The question will be if he’s far enough along mentally to playing against P5 defenses as a true freshman. I think the ideal situation would be to work him in like Dabo did with Lawrence.

It’s going to be interesting to see how they handle it. The transition from high school to college football is rarely smooth. B1G DCs are no joke.
Didn't Lawrence sit behind Watson? Isn't our situation the exact opposite? 3 non-conference games to open is a godsend. Followed by Illinois, Purdue, Rutgers, Indiana. That schedule looks like it was made by the football gods as a way to prepare a 5 star phenom for P5 football.

I don’t think we can underestimate his time as an early enrollee… he will see plenty of action against a really good defense to prepare him for the starting role in the fall. I see him making mistakes, certainly, but his talent is good enough to make up for the mistakes and then some.

I don’t think we can underestimate his time as an early enrollee… he will see plenty of action against a really good defense to prepare him for the starting role in the fall. I see him making mistakes, certainly, but his talent is good enough to make up for the mistakes and then some.
I’m tempering my early expectations. It’s just a lot to ask of an 18 year old. One thing people are criticizing which I think might actually help him is having transferred to multiple high schools. Those different experiences should give him a wider knowledge base to start from.

In a lot of programs he maybe wouldn’t be ready to start by game 1 but we literally have nothing to lose. There’s 0 chance his skill set won’t immediately elevate him above our current qb room
We have plenty to lose and you don’t want to destroy his confidence in his first half of a season. You know damned well the first game we lose where he turns the ball over a couple of times some numbskulls will be calling for a QB change. Going to be tremendous pressure if he starts game one.

I would be ok with several packages for HH to run in the wildcat the dude is fast
Fast but not quick. Takes him 10-15 yards to get going. He's also not a quick blinker, which is why he did better early on. Hey I'm all about him being on the field somewhere, just not behind center.

Everyone knows Tommy Frazier started during his freshman year, but I’m surprised at how many don’t know he didn’t become the starter until the fifth game of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT