ADVERTISEMENT

Is Raiola healthy?

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
It appears to me in addition to the ankle that he has a shoulder banged up. He dangled his arm at one point 2 weeks ago, he refuses to take deep shots and his accuracy has gone in the toilet.

I don't know. But I wouldn't mind seeing him sit for Ohio State. Not because I think HH should be the starter. But with the way the WR are playing. QB run game mixed with the RB. And some rpo type passing plays. And keep the Ohio St WR's off the field. Just survive and get out of Columbus.

It appears to me in addition to the ankle that he has a shoulder banged up. He dangled his arm at one point 2 weeks ago, he refuses to take deep shots and his accuracy has gone in the toilet.
He is running around almost every drop and trying to throw to WR's and the TE who can't get separation. It matters.

The throws to Fidone were very good and in a very small window because he doesn't get very open either.

Good catches by Fidone too. Hands are not his problem Injured knees are.

Our game plan for OSU should be to grind the ball and the clock. Take our shots from time to time. The zone game read game needs to be put on the backshelf outside of the occasional RPO.

Defensively we need to go to a 4 man front or we will get wasted in the run game. The 33 is fun and flashy but were not good enough at the second and third level to be successful.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
He’s healthy. Satterfield has made little to no adjustments from game #1 to now. The entire conference has us figured out, just like they did around this time last season.
I’m not excusing Satterfield. Go back and watch the game 2 weeks ago and watch the way he carries his right arm after a hit. I don’t remember exactly where in the game it happened but he came off the field with his right arm dangling limply as he ran off. I’ve had a dislocated shoulder and multiple stingers. I believe he had a stinger to his shoulder in that game.

Taylor Martinez’s famous “high ankle sprain” was correctly diagnosed by me as a fractured fibula. I’m just asking the question about Raiola’s shoulder based on the video from 2 weeks ago and the way his passing has fallen off a cliff. Logical question. Indiana’s secondary isn’t as good as we made them look

Satterfield has never had a top 50 offense and runs plays - not a system like Indiana showed. Our plays take way too long to develop. The plays where we used more quick action worked because teams are waiting for those long routes mainly on the sidelines. Couple that with no consistent running game and the offense sucks. We have better weapons at TE/WR than most teams in the B10, and a veteran OL (not ton of talent but they're decent) we should not be 91st in offense. No more excuses.

Reactions: Zeke2005
I’m not excusing Satterfield. Go back and watch the game 2 weeks ago and watch the way he carries his right arm after a hit. I don’t remember exactly where in the game it happened but he came off the field with his right arm dangling limply as he ran off. I’ve had a dislocated shoulder and multiple stingers. I believe he had a stinger to his shoulder in that game.

Taylor Martinez’s famous “high ankle sprain” was correctly diagnosed by me as a fractured fibula. I’m just asking the question about Raiola’s shoulder based on the video from 2 weeks ago and the way his passing has fallen off a cliff. Logical question. Indiana’s secondary isn’t as good as we made them look
he could definitely use a trip to the body language doctor

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Satterfield has never had a top 50 offense and runs plays - not a system like Indiana showed. Our plays take way too long to develop. The plays where we used more quick action worked because teams are waiting for those long routes mainly on the sidelines. Couple that with no consistent running game and the offense sucks. We have better weapons at TE/WR than most teams in the B10, and a veteran OL (not ton of talent but they're decent) we should not be 91st in offense. No more excuses.
This is the part where I tell Dannen to hire a couple of guys like John Gruden to watch all of our game tape and provide an analysis. Yep, the design on offense is shit.

I think your reaching. He's a frosh that defenses have now figured out how to confuse him. No line, no run, one dimensional .....we used to destroy teams like that.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I think your reaching. He's a frosh that defenses have now figured out how to confuse him. No line, no run, one dimensional .....we used to destroy teams like that.
Big disagree on the no line. He has time to get the ball out, but possibly defenses are confusing him or guys are not getting open or he’s reluctant due to fear of making a mistake. The inconsistency in the run game though is causing problems in the passing game. All points back to Rhule and Satterfield.

Big disagree on the no line. He has time to get the ball out, but possibly defenses are confusing him or guys are not getting open or he’s reluctant due to fear of making a mistake. The inconsistency in the run game though is causing problems in the passing game. All points back to Rhule and Satterfield.
there were many geniuses who peddled the "a passing game will open up the running game!" talking point all offseason long

I, for one, am shocked - shocked - that this is not, in fact, the case

you could be right.. any arm injuries to a big time passing QBs are going to be kept quiet, no matter what league you are in.

things are not going well lately, I hope he is not injured but if he is it’s best he sits this week. Play HH and lean on him he would be the leading rusher along with Barney Jr since yet again it’s another year of RBs being missing in action.

If Raiola isn’t hurt he should play and should feature HH and Barney in the running game.

Reactions: cornwoman
there were many geniuses who peddled the "a passing game will open up the running game!" talking point all offseason long

It’s true, and I’m a broken record on this, but the most important player for the Chiefs right now after the quarterback is Hunt. They are grinding out enough yards on the ground to give an assist to the passing game. If it was just Mahomes slinging it to one of the worst receiving corps in NFL, they are the New York Jets.

Who remembers when Bill Callahan committed to the run game with Marlon Lucky and Cody Glenn?. They had the will and they won some games with that approach. I don’t think the coaches could pivot like that. Do what you have to do.

It’s true, and I’m a broken record on this, but the most important player for the Chiefs right now after the quarterback is Hunt. They are grinding out enough yards on the ground to give an assist to the passing game. If it was just Mahomes sling it to one of the worst receiving cores in NFL
the most important player for the Chiefs is Chris Jones, but I agree with your premise

complimentary football works

If this is the case, then it’s just another example of this staff’s all or nothing approach. They would have no answers if Dylan truly couldn’t play for the remainder of the season.

Yeah I saw that too at the last game. Questioned it at the time but then again dr has a funny movement sometimes when jogging.

Well, our passing game consists of completing the 2 yard WR screens, and checkdowns for 3 yards, and the 2 times a game we can hit Fidone to pick up a 3rd and 14, but Id hardly call that a passing game. Its a shitshow. Our WRs cant get separation and our play calls and route trees appear to be midget football level. So, you cant really say a good passing game wouldn't open up the run for us. Just that THIS specific passing game wont.

• Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
I think our line is okay. Not great but okay. The problem for me is throwing on first down virtually every series. Our defense giving up 2 early scores put us behind the 8 ball and we virtually abandoned the run. Can’t do that and expect anything good

Reactions: cornwoman
I think our line is okay. Not great but okay. The problem for me is throwing on first down virtually every series. Our defense giving up 2 early scores put us behind the 8 ball and we virtually abandoned the run. Can’t do that and expect anything good
Our OLine is giving plenty of time for Raiola. That is one thing that is ok.

It can but you have to be willing to throw some 50/50 go routes. IF they’re in man we have to at least give our big WRs a chance to make a play at times. 44 passes for a freshman QB on the road is insane.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT