ADVERTISEMENT

Is our growth as a team obvious to everyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing that hasn't changed is the dumb penalty frequency. Clean that up, lock bad Tommy in a closet and the team looks pretty decent.
Compare games 1-2 this year to 2-4 last year (best early year apples to apples comparison): 243&189 pass, 31&131 rush this year to 332&447 pass, 19&12 rush. I would say the D has taken a step forward.

Reactions: TheBeav815
I don't believe that for one second. I've had debates with some like @redfanusa.

Not familiar with him or his stance on NU football, and I just checked and don't see him posting in this thread.

You seem to have taken a page out of Bo's playbook and are doing the "Us against the world" thang. "Us" being you, the overly optimistic poster (which is fine) and "them" being fans who would like to see a little more before we're sold on how good we are.

Not familiar with him or his stance on NU football, and I just checked and don't see him posting in this thread.

You seem to have taken a page out of Bo's playbook and are doing the "Us against the world" thang. "Us" being you, the overly optimistic poster (which is fine) and "them" being fans who would like to see a little more before we're sold on how good we are.

That's cuz he was a huge Bo defender who skipped town. Every once awhile you'll see him back posting on here.

Edit: Notice I didn't use your name as an example?

Last edited:
Reactions: HuskerRick
So perhaps you should make your silly statements about some fans around here getting upset if we win a B1G title a little more specific, because you made it look like everyone who didn't agree with your OP seem like we're rooting for Nebraska to lose. Which is kind of silly to suggest. Now having said all that, our schedule is weak sauce this year, so we may very well have a nice win total, but unless we rout Oregon, I'm still going to hold off on wondering how good we are until the Ohio State game. We don't even have to win that for me to be impressed, we can play a good game, be in it till the end, etc, and that would mean more to me than that less than stellar game we played against the Pukes.

So perhaps you should make your silly statements about some fans around here getting upset if we win a B1G title a little more specific, because you made it look like everyone who didn't agree with your OP seem like we're rooting for Nebraska to lose. Which is kind of silly to suggest. Now having said all that, our schedule is weak sauce this year, so we may very well have a nice win total, but unless we rout Oregon, I'm still going to hold off on wondering how good we are until the Ohio State game. We don't even have to win that for me to be impressed, we can play a good game, be in it till the end, etc, and that would mean more to me than that less than stellar game we played against the Pukes.

cut red some slack .. he interprets pointing out the absurdity of his predictions as celebrating Nebraska losses

it's a defense mechanism to deflect the attention away from how ridiculous some of his posts are ..... when that fails he resorts to sophomoric pictures he finds on the interwebs

cut red some slack .. he interprets pointing out the absurdity of his predictions as celebrating Nebraska losses

it's a defense mechanism to deflect the attention away from how ridiculous some of his posts are ..... when that fails he resorts to pithy pictures he finds on the interwebs

And you're just a Hawkeye fan so that explains everything.

Well I'm glad you went on record because you were going to be my second poster to be named. RollingLaugh
You definitely get the award for most emotionally unstable Husker fan. Hang in there. Relax and the highs and lows wont be so extreme. Oh, and be sure to understand that you really dont know what anyone really thinks or believes.

Our schedule is fine. You'll base how good we are off of playing a #2 team, that's realistic at this point. You pretty much said that winning all until that point is meh.... Must be fun having you around.

You definitely get the award for most emotionally unstable Husker fan. Hang in there. Relax and the highs and lows wont be so extreme. Oh, and be sure to understand that you really dont know what anyone really thinks or believes.

688181.gif

I'll give this to you-at least you're consistent with your nonstop negativity. It's been consistent through whatever coach we have. Just can't find anything positive to talk about if you tried.

I'll give this to you-at least you're consistent with your nonstop negativity. It's been consistent through whatever coach we have. Just can't find anything positive to talk about if you tried.

Good luck finding somebody more on board with Riley than I was/am. I'm not going to argue with you, you've been taking cheap shots at me for a while and I'm through with you.

Weak sauce???
Oregon
Wisconsin
Ohio State
Iowa

Should we schedule Denver and New England to toughen things up???

Good luck finding somebody more on board with Riley than I was/am. I'm not going to argue with you, you've been taking cheap shots at me for a while and I'm through with you.

Woah there... you're not going anywhere till you explain this weak schedule talk???

Weakest Oregon team in about 10 years, and I'm fine with that, and it isn't a complaint, it's being honest.

Ohio State is an awesome game, duh.

Wisconsin game is a very good game, especially in Madison.

Iowa is Iowa, sorry if you think more of them than I do, but you'll notice as soon as they played some real teams last year they all the sudden looked really average, and what did all the media say about Iowa last year when they were 11 or 12-0? Their schedule was soft and they didn't play anyone. What do you think their going to say about our schedule if we roll into OSU undefeated? I suspect, unless Oregon turns out to be better than I'm thinking, their going to say we haven't played a very tough schedule.

Last edited:
Maybe if you weren't so relentlessly negative all the time, there wouldn't be a need to take "cheap shots". I don't think it's a cheap shot to point out that you are the most relentlessly negative person on here. It's the truth. You know it too, and I think you love it. You've taken it on as some kind of badge of honor and you try to live up to the reputation.

Woah there... you're not going anywhere till you explain this weak schedule talk???
No reason for him to answer, if he wants to be negative he has that right. Just don't put it off like there's a real point to it.

Last year nebraska played a worse schedule...
Miami unranked,
Unranked Wisconsin
Top ten Michigan State at home
Top ten Iowa at home
Unranked BYU

So there is no improvement if Nebraska is improving, while playing more ranked teams, and more on the road.

Or the fact they are 5-1 after starting 3-6...

TA > TM

You're not seeing improvement because you don't want to see improvement. However, we are not world beaters. But if TA plays within the system and throws the damn ball away when his receivers are covered (or tucks and run) then we have a chance at winning those close games based on discipline. Just have to eliminate those stupid unforced penalties.

Mind reader?

We've got
Weakest Oregon team in about 10 years, and I'm fine with that, and it isn't a complaint, it's being honest.

Ohio State is an awesome game, duh.

Wisconsin game is a very good game, especially in Madison.

Iowa is Iowa, sorry if you think more of them than I do, but you'll notice as soon as they played some real teams last your they all the sudden looked really average, and what did all the media say about Iowa last year when they were 11 or 12-0? Their schedule was soft and they didn't play anyone. What do you think their going to say about our schedule if we roll into OSU undefeated? I suspect, unless Oregon turns out to be better than I'm thinking, their going to say we haven't played a very tough schedule.

I'm going to wash my mouth out after making this comment but Iowa looked really damn good against Iowa State. I know it's Iowa State and I can see past that with judging a team. Iowa is for reals.

No reason for him to answer, if he wants to be negative he has that right. Just don't put it off like there's a real point to it.

Last year nebraska played a worse schedule...
Miami unranked,
Unranked Wisconsin
Top ten Michigan State at home
Top ten Iowa at home
Unranked BYU

So there is no improvement if Nebraska is improving, while playing more ranked teams, and more on the road.

Or the fact they are 5-1 after starting 3-6...
Actually I checked the numbers last year and our opponents had a better record then any schedule Pelini had except for maybe 2009 if I remember right?

Well I hope Iowa is good, I hope they win every game until they play us, but I have my doubts about them. However, if they are for "reels" that would be awesome. We could use the "W" over a quality team, especially at the end of the season. But as of right now, this very second, I don't think very highly of them.

We're tied with Ohio State for 1st in Turnover Margin. And we're 33rd in Total Defense.That's improvement.

You started a thread not too long ago with those stats. I agreed in your thread, it is good. But it's two stats accumulated against MW opponents. We're two games in against teams that shouldn't beat us anyway. Right now, are there threads talking about our problems? Some people say Oregon is untested, well we are too.

You see our trajectory for 11 or 12 wins this year, unless I'm mistaken. And I'm fine with your opinion. It's still a wait and see approach for me.

Reactions: bigboxes
Interesting....it's like......what's the word I'm looking for....... I was right, or something.
anything to feed that negative attitude. Yet you fail to compare that the idea that this schedule is no easier than last season, so the amount of improvement is more than what happens in game 8. Just sit back and enjoy rather than being a bitch for once, thanks.

You started a thread not too long ago with those stats. I agreed in your thread, it is good. But it's two stats accumulated against MW opponents. We're two games in against teams that shouldn't beat us anyway. Right now, are there threads talking about our problems? Some people say Oregon is untested, well we are too.

You see our trajectory for 11 or 12 wins this year, unless I'm mistaken. And I'm fine with your opinion. It's still a wait and see approach for me.
Solid post.
We need to continue growing as the season progresses if we want to compete at the highest level.

Not true of course-you've never exactly been a Riley fan on here. So of course you won't see progress you don't want to see.

I'm still not a Riley fan per se. But, I've moved closer to neutral. By nature, I'm a cautious person. We've improved, stayed the same, regressed in different areas. Last year, I didn't see us just plain give up. It's an admirable trait, and it can lead to success if all the pieces are there.

Interesting....it's like......what's the word I'm looking for....... I was right, or something.

And you believe that data?
It's called a projection for a reason. Notice how the conference's are bunched together... PAC 12, ACC, SEC, Big 12, B1G.

This threads over. There's obviously progression, and needs to be more.

Some would rather wait until Nebraskas 6th national championship to judge it though.
Hyperbole much? Everyone wants this team to succeed and get more consistent from recruiting to jerking off postgame, but to make sweeping judgments about the the growth of a team after 2 generic wins is just nonsense. The fact that anyone, myself included, took the time to address it proves that we help feed the nonsense.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
And you believe that data?
It's called a projection for a reason. Notice how the conference's are bunched together... PAC 12, ACC, SEC, Big 12, B1G.

Think that might have something to do with certain conferences being better than others?

Hyperbole much? Everyone wants this team to succeed and get more consistent from recruiting to jerking off postgame, but to make sweeping judgments about the the growth of a team after 2 generic wins is just nonsense. The fact that anyone, myself included, took the time to address it proves that we help feed the nonsense.
It's not two games, it's from late in 2015. The fact that you think bitching about unknowns makes the team any better than being an optimist, proves all I need to know.

I'm sure if you stay pessimistic enough, they'll notice and get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT