ADVERTISEMENT

Is all forgiven

For the record I’m more than satisfied with Rhule. If you don’t see progress than you’re crazy. I think it’s too early to tell about Satt. We need to hit the portal hard and continue to croot and develop. I like that Rhule is standing his ground on what I think is NIL per his recent quote. Maybe it’s about coaches bonuses. Idk. I think he understands this game and what is needed to win. Can’t say we’ve been able to say that about our staff for many many years.

Back to what I said earlier…just sucks to see us lose games we should be winning. We’ve all gotten used to the close losses and I just get sick of it. Making a bowl year one would have been awesome. I do feel like we will beat Iowa for some reason.

I remember before the season many on here were saying anything less than 8 wins would be a disappointment. Now we are all praying for 6. There have definitely been improvements but surely not the season it could have been. Forgiven? I don’t know. Let’s get the win first.

Leading the nation in turnovers is not improvement..

He doubled down on our biggest problem. Thats not necessary to learn how to win.

So for those of you that find this year unforgivable…what’s your mindset moving forward? Fire Rhule? Hot seat year two? What is your endgame/resolution for this staff? Or are you just throwing a tantrum and haven’t really thought about the natural conclusion of what “unforgivable” means?

So for those of you that find this year unforgivable…what’s your mindset moving forward? Fire Rhule? Hot seat year two? What is your endgame/resolution for this staff? Or are you just throwing a tantrum and haven’t really thought about the natural conclusion of what “unforgivable” means?
Lets see what happens next year.

That's all you can do. Hopefully its better.

I didn’t see a single post saying that that this year was unforgivable - just that it would take more than a single win against Iowa to make it so (which was the original question)

Can you point to the posts indicating that they would never forgive Rhule for this season before your strawman gets any larger

Leading the nation in turnovers is not improvement..

He doubled down on our biggest problem. Thats not necessary to learn how to win.
Sims turned it over at a prolific pace.
He was replaced with HH. He proved to also turn it over - a lot. He was replaced with Purdy. Given his lack of experience, I think Purdy has played well!

Not sure how you can rag on the coaches for trying 3 different quarterbacks. Rather, if they would have continued to trot out Sims and HH, then there's reason to criticize.

Robinson knows the D is improved or he would have left after this year. Rather hes staying.

Special teams are better but still have a lot of room to improve. Lets start with learning how do do something besides fair catching a punt.

offense is better but poor qb play has cost us 3 or 4 games. If they can find a reliable qb, in addition Purdy, then I really look forward to next season.

Sims turned it over at a prolific pace.
He was replaced with HH. He proved to also turn it over - a lot. He was replaced with Purdy. Given his lack of experience, I think Purdy has played well!

Not sure how you can rag on the coaches for trying 3 different quarterbacks. Rather, if they would have continued to trot out Sims and HH, then there's reason to criticize.

Robinson knows the D is improved or he would have left after this year. Rather hes staying.

Special teams are better but still have a lot of room to improve. Lets start with learning how do do something besides fair catching a punt.

offense is better but poor qb play has cost us 3 or 4 games. If they can find a reliable qb, in addition Purdy, then I really look forward to next season.

The spring game showed us what was to come.

You don't put guys in the game to secure the ball you say has a problem with securing the ball.

Stop drop back passing with a shtty QB. There is a brilliant idea. Maybe that would limit the INTs

I didn’t see a single post saying that that this year was unforgivable - just that it would take more than a single win against Iowa to make it so (which was the original question)

Can you point to the posts indicating that they would never forgive Rhule for this season before your strawman gets any larger
Not really a straw man as much as me simply skimming the thread and drawing conclusions based on what people have posted the last month. We’ve had people call for Leopold, Klein and gundy on here the last month….it’s year one. The negativity permeating on here is consistent with emotionally immature adults demonstrating a lack of delayed gratification and patience. We are quick to hang the failures of previous staffs around rhules neck and it does nothing to improve the culture and prospects of the program. Maybe if everyone stopped whining for once and allowed the guy a reasonable chance, things might be less toxic and workout for once in the last 20 years.

The spring game showed us what was to come.

You don't put guys in the game to secure the ball you say has a problem with securing the ball.

Stop drop back passing with a shtty QB. There is a brilliant idea. Maybe that would limit the INTs
Satterfield is a dipshit pure as the driven snow

Not really a straw man as much as me simply skimming the thread and drawing conclusions based on what people have posted the last month. We’ve had people call for Leopold, Klein and gundy on here the last month….it’s year one. The negativity permeating on here is consistent with emotionally immature adults demonstrating a lack of delayed gratification and patience. We are quick to hang the failures of previous staffs around rhules neck and it does nothing to improve the culture and prospects of the program. Maybe if everyone stopped whining for once and allowed the guy a reasonable chance, things might be less toxic and workout for once in the last 20 years.

So, really you just want to use a lot of words and innuendos, combined with lack of reading comprehension (and apparently some lack of basic football knowledge), just to say that you're more positive about Rhule year one than some other people. Got it.

I'm a 12 so I usually get it going for about 9 holes, have a few wtf holes, and balance the rest out with pretty much bogey golf.

5 of 4 holes.

4 of 5 on the back

Desert golf, lots of forced carry.

Had 2 triples. One I chased a well hit ball (wind aided) ball through the fairway and unplayable. The other was back to back bad swings. From there it was just regular golf, but those 6 strokes were killers.
Yeah sucks when you think I might break 75 after the turn, and then not even break 80.

For the record I’m more than satisfied with Rhule. If you don’t see progress than you’re crazy. I think it’s too early to tell about Satt. We need to hit the portal hard and continue to croot and develop. I like that Rhule is standing his ground on what I think is NIL per his recent quote. Maybe it’s about coaches bonuses. Idk. I think he understands this game and what is needed to win. Can’t say we’ve been able to say that about our staff for many many years.

Back to what I said earlier…just sucks to see us lose games we should be winning. We’ve all gotten used to the close losses and I just get sick of it. Making a bowl year one would have been awesome. I do feel like we will beat Iowa for some reason.
You state you're 'more than satisfied', and anyone anyone who doesn't share this view aais 'crazy'.
Then you say you're sick of close losses and games we should win implying nothing has changed in this regard.

Psychological factors here. You reserve criticism at the results and even state criteria that isn't satisfying but are still
claiming things are going well. You aren't stepping back and analyzing the situation. Seeing what you wish to see.

I had total at 5-6 wins preseason. This was before all the injuries and the horrible QB situation. That said there was still a game or two left on the table I think. All in all I'm ok with the season either way. Of course 6 would be better.

Problem is next year getting to 6 will be a lot different and harder. They better hope Purdy is lighting in a bottle or hit another in the portal . Otherwise that 6 mark may not be attainable.

Holla

We have a combined 28 INTs and fumbles lost going into the final game of the season

The most during any Frost season was 22.

flushed an entire season - feel really sorry for the seniors

Rhule owes them an apology for being incapable of addressing the turnover issue, not to mention bringing in his QB and torpedoing their final season

I had total at 5-6 wins preseason. This was before all the injuries and the horrible QB situation. That said there was still a game or two left on the table I think. All in all I'm ok with the season either way. Of course 6 would be better.

Problem is next year getting to 6 will be a lot different and harder. They better hope Purdy is lighting in a bottle or hit another in the portal . Otherwise that 6 mark may not be attainable.

Holla

I’m sure Rhule and Satterfield will go hunting for a portal QB if they want to improve this team in year 2..

The new B1G is going to be more difficult for everyone, by that I mean having unbeaten teams the last week of the season like Michigan and Bucknuts..

Reactions: kakdawg
I can certainly overlook a lot of the questionable decisions for Rhule’s first year if they were able to make it to a bowl game.

What I can’t overlook and forgive is how the University of Nebraska took one of the greatest football programs and flushed it down the toilet with bad decision after bad decision after bad decision.

I’m sure Rhule and Satterfield will go hunting for a portal QB if they want to improve this team in year 2..

The new B1G is going to be more difficult for everyone, by that I mean having unbeaten teams the last week of the season like Michigan and Bucknuts..
Rhule needs to get any portal QB he identifies approved by an outside agency after what he came up with last off season
Can’t be trusted with the fate of another season by letting him select his own QB

I'm a 12 so I usually get it going for about 9 holes, have a few wtf holes, and balance the rest out with pretty much bogey golf.

5 of 4 holes.

4 of 5 on the back

Desert golf, lots of forced carry.

Had 2 triples. One I chased a well hit ball (wind aided) ball through the fairway and unplayable. The other was back to back bad swings. From there it was just regular golf, but those 6 strokes were killers.
This describes me perfectly. Always amazed at how I can blow up what should be a very good round.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
We have a combined 28 INTs and fumbles lost going into the final game of the season

The most during any Frost season was 22.

flushed an entire season - feel really sorry for the seniors

Rhule owes them an apology for being incapable of addressing the turnover issue, not to mention bringing in his QB and torpedoing their final season
rhule didn't fumble or throw picks. He didn't miss tackles, drop game sealing ints, or commit PI at the worst possible mmoment. Some of those seniors sure did. Maybe they should apologize.

Reactions: RedMyMind

Absolutely. I'm sure they will hit the portal for a QB and hopefully two of them. Regardless of how well Purdy does its imperative we get better at that position.

Holla

After this staff’s first 2 games where

1. After announcing to the world RB-X was demoted to 3rd string because he couldn’t be trusted with ball security right before the game this staff had RB-X in the game late where they are salting the game away by running the ball. RB-X promptly fumbles and we lose

2. They get taken behind the woodshed by a Deion Sanders coached team who had his team infinitely more prepared than our staff despite our staff having an extra day to prepare.

One could only conclude they were in over their heads playing power 5 opponents.

There was a glimmer of hope that this staff might actually know what they are doing after the 3 big ten wins but then they promptly lost the next 3 to opponents entering the game a combined 0-13 all with a chance to get bowl eligible.

There were some pretty nice pregame speeches sprinkled in amongst all the coaching blunders however.

rhule didn't fumble or throw picks. He didn't miss tackles, drop game sealing ints, or commit PI at the worst possible mmoment. Some of those seniors sure did. Maybe they should apologize.
About the interceptions, I do have a problem with the play calling on some of them. Example, vs Maryland 1st down, heading into a strong wind, and they dial up a 35 yard pass out of Jeff Sims. I mean come on, seems like everyone but the coaches would not expect a good outcome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT