ADVERTISEMENT

Ironically, we could learn from KSU.

Clevinger

Assistant Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2007
Kansas State isn’t a recruiting powerhouse, but their teams play with a chip on their shoulder and expect to win big games. Their records against Texas and Oklahoma are very impressive in light of their disparities in recruiting and resources.

Since 2000 our teams just seemed resigned to lose their big games, often in humiliating fashion.

Recruiting is obviously important, but a competent coach who expects to win could turn things around quickly.

Kansas State isn’t a recruiting powerhouse, but their teams play with a chip on their shoulder and expect to win big games. Their records against Texas and Oklahoma are very impressive in light of their disparities in recruiting and resources.

Since 2000 our teams just seemed resigned to lose their big games, often in humiliating fashion.

Recruiting is obviously important, but a competent coach who expects to win could turn things around quickly.

They have lost 5 in a row to Texas.

Since the beginning of college football, how many National Titles does Kstate have?
Yes, everyone knows we used to be special under Osborne and Devaney because we constantly remind them. The history books are very proud.

However, in the post Osborne era we usually embarrass ourselves against Texas and Oklahoma, and KSU holds their own. They do more with less. We do less with more.

Yes, everyone knows we used to be special under Osborne and Devaney because we constantly remind them. The history books are very proud.

However, in the post Osborne era we usually embarrass ourselves against Texas and Oklahoma, and KSU holds their own. They do more with less. We do less with more.
KSU holds there own....but really has nothing to show for it.

Just the way it is.

Off topic....is Texas the biggest underachiever in college football?
Not sure any of us Husker fans should call out another school for underachieving as the Huskers have led the nation in that category for years. Hiring Sark was a mistake for Texas if they wanted an upgrade. Sark is Herman 2.0. This is why it is imperative that Alberts hires the right coach this time. It is time the Huskers get off the poor coach carousel.

Not sure any of us Husker fans should call out another school for underachieving as the Huskers have led the nation in that category for years. Hiring Sark was a mistake for Texas if they wanted an upgrade. Sark is Herman 2.0. This is why it is imperative that Alberts hires the right coach this time. It is time the Huskers get off the poor coach carousel.
Nebraska doesn't have any of the built in advantages that Texas has.

They took our qb who couldn’t get it done who lost to Tulane and he looked like a Heisman contender and won.
How about we stop trying to be others and focus on ourselves and be ourselves. We have plenty of problems there to worry about.

Reactions: JOHNNY N
They took our qb who couldn’t get it done who lost to Tulane and he looked like a Heisman contender and won.
How about we stop trying to be others and focus on ourselves and be ourselves. We have plenty of problems there to worry about.
Being former selves means strong defense, mobile qb, and run-focused offense with a strong walk on program. We also need someone able to recruit Florida, Texas, and the Northeast in addition to midwest.

We need to shed the sad, timid, pathetic selves be became.

We have been a bunch of scared, pathetic has beens since getting exposed by Colorado in 2001.

Being former selves means strong defense, mobile qb, and run-focused offense with a strong walk on program. We also need someone able to recruit Florida, Texas, and the Northeast in addition to midwest.

We need to shed the sad, timid, pathetic selves be became.
Correct, I didn’t say former I said worry about ourselves and go from there. It’s been hell since 2014 and purgatory since 1999

We have been a bunch of scared, pathetic has beens since getting exposed by Colorado in 2001.
We were exposed before that if you really look at it. But the was the hammer that said we are done with the 1990s run.

We were exposed before that if you really look at it. But the was the hammer that said we are done with the 1990s run.
I don’t know. You mean 1998? Because I think the 1999 team is up there with the early 1980s teams as the best we ever had NOT to win a national title.

Where was the exposure before that?
We lost 4 games in 1998, up 14-0 and got beat 31-14 by OU in 2000, also blew a game at KSU that cost us a rematch, From what is was 1993-1997 we were on the Dow slide in 1998, 1999 was our best chance but can’t holding on to the ball against Texas cost us. The signs that it wasn’t going to be same as it were there in 1998 if you knew what to look for.

I don’t know. You mean 1998? Because I think the 1999 team is up there with the early 1980s teams as the best we ever had NOT to win a national title.
Yup it was but attention to detail in Austin cost it from being a National Champion

Correct, I didn’t say former I said worry about ourselves and go from there. It’s been hell since 2014 and purgatory since 1999
I honestly think Solich, Callahan, and Pelini were close. If/when we get someone who can get back into the 8-10 win range fairly consistently we should be patient. Solich deserved more time with his new coaches, Callahan deserved a shot with a new DC, and Pelini needed a boss who held him accountable and made him recruit.

Riley and Frost were unimaginably bad. Nothing redeemable with those two.

I honestly think Solich, Callahan, and Pelini were close. If/when we get someone who can get back into the 8-10 win range fairly consistently we should be patient. Solich deserved more time with his new coaches, Callahan deserved a shot with a new DC, and Pelini needed a boss who held him accountable and made him recruit.

The first three were fine (Callahan needed a DC) if the standards were building from now. But they were different times and different standards.

The first three were fine (Callahan needed a DC) if the standards were building from now. But they were different times and different standards.
True. I think the attitude was “We are Nebraska! We compete for titles!” back then and now we realize how bad things can get.

Their o line is WAY better than ours and their defensive is both logical and well executed.

We lost 4 games in 1998, up 14-0 and got beat 31-14 by OU in 2000, also blew a game at KSU that cost us a rematch, From what is was 1993-1997 we were on the Dow slide in 1998, 1999 was our best chance but can’t holding on to the ball against Texas cost us. The signs that it wasn’t going to be same as it were there in 1998 if you knew what to look for.
So you would have fired solich in 1998?

And yet Riley was better than Frost. Just imagine how quickly this can be fixed if we hire the right guy

And become Kansas St? Ha ha ha

Kansas St is a mediocre football program on their best day. They have finished the season ranked 3 times since 2004 and Shared 1 division title in that timeframe.

get a grip sir.
Reading comprehension is an issue on this board.

I am only saying that there are things we could learn from them. Since 2000 our teams usually crap their pants almost every time they come up against Texas and Oklahoma, and KSU—despite more disadvantages than even us—actually finds ways to win.

Our program is a whiny excuse machine that just throws money around stupidly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT