ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa related question for Nebraska fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

KuwaitHawk

Apr 18, 2004
Under which conditions will Nebraska fans root for Iowa in the B1G Championship Game?

If Iowa beats Nebraska?
If Nebraska beats Iowa?
If Iowa wins the conference title game and plays in the BCS playoffs?
If Iowa loses the conference title game and plays in another bowl game?
Would it matter who IOwa played in the bowl game?

I would simply put this way, if MSU is in the CCG, I am rooting for MSU--I just like them and respect them. If U of M or the Ohio team, the Hawks. If in the playoffs I am all in for the Hawks except against a Big 12 team, especially OU. Another team I would root for against Iowa is Stanford. But having said all that, I just want to say how much I respect what the Hawks have done this year, good for you guys.

Reactions: NUinnwks
If Iowa wins, rioting for MSU as they would have the potential to win a title with one loss to NU.

If Nebraska wins, who cares who wins the title game. We beat you both and the same only loss scenerio applies to both.

If someone other than MSU makes the championship I'd root for Iowa since it makes the division look better going into next season.

3-5 are irrelevant. You asked about rooting for Iowa in the big 10 title game, all those scenerios happen after that game. Noones rooting for Iowa retroactively.

The question is when would Nebraska fans cheer for Iowa in the B1G championship game and gave five possibilities. Three of which pertained to situations that involve games after the B1G championship game. ?????

Oh and the answer is when pigs fly. Winking

The previous incessant chest thumping from Hawkeye nation over the most medial of accomplishment would become unbearable if they actually did accomplish something.

I am rooting for Iowa to finish the season 11-3. Although it will not necessarily stop the chest thumping (its in their DNA), it will be funny to watch their season unravel after their best start in school history.

Reactions: 94husker
Never will care about Iowa one way or the other outside of when they play Nebraska. They need to have more than one decent season to hit my radar of caring.

Under which conditions will Nebraska fans root for Iowa in the B1G Championship Game?

If Iowa beats Nebraska?
If Nebraska beats Iowa?

I'll pull for you guys after today. I can forgive any dust ups we've had in the past. My mom is a devoted Hawkeye fan as are many of my other extended family and friends so I am happy when their team does well. I believe it's good for our divisional opponents to do great against strong teams from other conferences.. So if Iowa goes on to finish strong, that's great. I want a heated rivalry which means both are perceived to be worthy adversaries. It's a lot of fun. Part of that rivalry is that we're going to make fun of you and take shots. It's your job to get after us.

MSU is my second favorite BIG team. Difficult to cheer against them. So assuming they take care of business today at PSU I'll be rooting for MSU in the BIG Championship.

Reactions: HuskerO
Up until the last week I would have but the Iowa fans that have visited this board have permanently changed my mind about Iowa and not in a positive way. The guys that have been here have done more damage to your fan base than can be repaired.

Up until the last week I would have but the Iowa fans that have visited this board have permanently changed my mind about Iowa and not in a positive way. The guys that have been here have done more damage to your fan base than can be repaired.
Eh, don't let a few (OK, plethora of) internet trolls turn you off from a team or fan base. You wouldn't want to be judged based on our stupidest, most obnoxious internet troll "fans" either. We have some pretty dumb ones too!

That said, I will ONLY root for Iowa in OOC games. Against our conference brethren I couldn't possibly care less.

If Iowa beats Nebraska?
If Nebraska beats Iowa?

Why does IO_A seem to need validation from us rooting for them? The majority of your fan base claims to hate us anyway... So why care enough to worry about whether we will ever cheer for you?

There have been some Iowa fans smack talking, but you have to admit, you mods have been banning other Iowa fans that have not violated any of your rules.

If you go to the Iowa board, you will see many Husker fans acting in the same way that you have contempt for. The difference is, they are rarely banned. And they certainly are not banned when they have not violated a board rule.

There have been some Iowa fans smack talking, but you have to admit, you mods have been banning other Iowa fans that have not violated any of your rules.

If you go to the Iowa board, you will see many Husker fans acting in the same way that you have contempt for. The difference is, they are rarely banned. And they certainly are not banned when they have not violated a board rule.

Let me guess, you are basing this comment off of what one of your own cries about after running back to your board? Give me a break... Maybe the 'freedom' your board allows has skewed all of your opinions about what is over the line and what isn't and when acting like you do over there while here... You get banned?

BTW a message board isn't a democracy.

I'll watch and not cheer for anyone. I don't really care about Iowa football one way or another. Just another game. Manufactured rivalries aren't my thing.

I wish our mods wouldn't ban so many I don't understand why they can't let other fans express their opinion.

I spend a lot of time on HROT and really enjoy the Iowa fans away from football. Iowa fans come over here with the intentions of being banned and run back to their boards and brag about it as if it were a badge of honor. The mods are just doing them a favor anyway. If they don't get banned, they just keep turning up the rhetoric until they do.
Iowa fans probably have a lot of reasons they could dislike Husker fans, getting banned from here really isn't one of them.

I wish our mods wouldn't ban so many I don't understand why they can't let other fans express their opinion.

Every one that has been banned has deserved it. It is more than just expressing their opinion. They come over here to intentionally flame and start fights. I don't have time to babysit a bunch of trolls.

I'll never root for Iowa for any reason. One of the worst fan bases in college football. Right on par with Colorado and Mizzou fans.

Every one that has been banned has deserved it. It is more than just expressing their opinion. They come over here to intentionally flame and start fights. I don't have time to babysit a bunch of trolls.

Yep! Taking out the trash.

Don't baby sit, enough of us on here to defend our program and history...... Till it gets out of hand.

If Iowa beats Nebraska?
If Nebraska beats Iowa?

I suppose if iowa played ISIS i would root for iowa

I don`t know what happens on your board and don`t care. I have never been there and never will. I challenge you to provide proof that any Iowa fan was banned for not violating a board rule here. The only ones I personally have banned have stepped way over the line. The problem is you guys can talk the talk but have a hard time when you have to face the music.

Reactions: HuskerMike85
Eh, don't let a few (OK, plethora of) internet trolls turn you off from a team or fan base. You wouldn't want to be judged based on our stupidest, most obnoxious internet troll "fans" either. We have some pretty dumb ones too!

That said, I will ONLY root for Iowa in OOC games. Against our conference brethren I couldn't possibly care less.

Yes we have our share of idiots too.

I wouldn't root for anyone besides NU, but if iowa wins, I would have no problem with them winning the rest of their games. because that would mean they would be national champs, and I would rather them be national champs then anyone else, because they are in the big west. then the next team I would be ok with winning out is msu, because they are in the big 10 and only lost to us, then ohio state, because it's not like they have been hurting for big wins, like iowa and msu. I'd rather the NC stay in the big too. that would quiet down the media's crush on the over signing and under the table cash sec. and big 12 teams who
question the "rust conferences" strength.

but like I say, Go Big Red!:cool:

Hard to say if I would root for Iowa. I'm not a fan nor a hater of Iowa. So, depends on the matchup in the CCG.

As far as the bowl games, I tend to root for conference teams over other opponents.

Reactions: redwine65
also, that BIG tv contract is coming up, in 2016 I think, and having the BIG look good on the national scene, will turn BIG money into even BIGGER money, when we get our full share in 2017. last I heard it's projected at 50 million a year.

I don`t know what happens on your board and don`t care. I have never been there and never will. I challenge you to provide proof that any Iowa fan was banned for not violating a board rule here. The only ones I personally have banned have stepped way over the line. The problem is you guys can talk the talk but have a hard time when you have to face the music.

http://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/t...husker-fans-regarding-your-fan-mindset.79535/

According to HROT, you banned this poster. He was simply pointing out the over the top fandom that some display. So much so that they forget that they are NOT the ones who made the accomplishments.

http://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/t...husker-fans-regarding-your-fan-mindset.79535/

According to HROT, you banned this poster. He was simply pointing out the over the top fandom that some display. So much so that they forget that they are NOT the ones who made the accomplishments.

I reckon thats how you look at it, I mean if there were no Nebraska football fans, there would be no Nebraska football, or Nebraska sports for that matter.

it's kinda a cart and horse effect, true you don't want to get the cart before the horse, but you also don't want to lose the cart. then the horse would have no useful purpose.

The mod that banned him warned him at least once to stop posting the same thing in duplicate threads. It was pretty apparent he had an agenda to troll and was hell bent on keeping it going.

I reckon thats how you look at it, I mean if there were no Nebraska football fans, there would be no Nebraska football, or Nebraska sports for that matter.

it's kinda a cart and horse effect, true you don't want to get the cart before the horse, but you also don't want to lose the cart. then the horse would have no useful purpose.

Again, he was separating reasonable fans from bat crazy people. No rule was violated.

Again, he was separating reasonable fans from bat crazy people. No rule was violated.

well, I'm sure in all fan bases, you have fans who are always reserved, fans who enjoy a good back and fourth ribbing before a big game, and fans who live vicariously thru their team..and folks all in-between them catagories.

thus our reasonable mods are in place to keep the chat reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT