ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa’s starting DT suspended for 1st game - public intox

jlb321

Defensive Coordinator
Aug 8, 2014
tried to do the right thing and called for an UBER ride .... didn't properly execute the plan, however, when he mistook a police car for his UBER and attempted to climb in the back.

https://es.pn/2v0sak3

Reactions: FlickShagwell
Is he related to Riley Rieff? Didn’t he have a similar arrest?

Honestly a pretty crappy arrest for the kid. He is of age and tried to do the right thing of getting a ride and not driving. Obviously impaired and made a minor mistake, not sure why he didn’t just get placed in the drunk tank.

Even worse that he got suspended for it. But whatever, it’s Iowa so serves him right

2nd string DT and Iowa City cops are dicks.
Sounds like a clear case of entrapment. Was this sticker in the police car's window?
5b0c59e6a23cc147054414.png

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Yea I don't really understand this one. While I don't think anyone should drink that much, the kid tried to do what's right. Oh well.

Without more info, the cops look like dicks on this one. The real punishment is that he'll never live this down with his teammates. For the rest of his life, he can't walk by a cop car without one of his friends saying, "Hey Brady, your Uber ride is here."
Or every time you hear a siren, someone is going to say "Your ride is here".

Looking back at my youth from a distance... I sure as hell am not going to poke fun at drunken stupidity. I'm a lot of things but I try not to be a hypocrite. My record is clean thanks to dumb luck alone.

Yep, me too. God helps the young idiots like me that needed it so badly back then.

Yep, me too. God helps the young idiots like me that needed it so badly back then.

We’ve been finding this a bit amusing over on the Cyclone website. To put some context around it, he blew over 0.2 (apologies if someone already mentioned that, didn’t see it in my scan of the above)

Reactions: SOHusker11
BTW OP, the young DT isn't #1 though Athlon's doesn't take into account the fact senior DT Matt Nelson, who was one of 3 players in Chicago, was out this Spring due to surgery, due to a 4Q injury in Pinstripe Bowl.

Brady Reiff is likely a candidate for PT and was used on occasion on passing downs in the 2017 Raider look DC Phil Parker likes to use at Iowa.

Yes, his brother Riley Reiff had an infamous indictment in July of his true freshman season. His brother nearly hit the exact same day.

lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT