ADVERTISEMENT

Io_a has their OC

Your fans are even upset that John’s didn’t get the job..Don’t you want to know for what the reason was?

Doesn’t take much to better than Sonny boy when your dead last in Total offense and actually last in scoring offense points..
Well, some fans are not going to be happy with any hire. They just do not like KF. Then you had fans not happy with John, but when they found out it was Lester, then they wanted John. Nothing is going to make some fans happy.
I have no idea how Lester will do so will just sit back and see how it works out. Will see how much KF lets him run his offense.
Plus, we have decent RB, see if Cade stays healthy, and we are not that strong at WR on paper. OL is still a question. New punter so there goes our best player :cool:

Looks like the Huskers are getting the roster together with Rhule and his staff. I think Rhule will do a good job.

Good luck next year.

How was Lester’s offenses before 2022?

Total offense, scoring offense rankings:

2018: 39th, 35th

2019: 25th, 30th

2020: 16th, 9th

2021: 12th, 34th
Man three years ago he had an average offense! We are already 3 years removed lol. This guy was basically teleworking at GB. But hey, great job stealing Troy's OC candidate 👏👏

Reactions: scarletred
Well, some fans are not going to be happy with any hire. They just do not like KF. Then you had fans not happy with John, but when they found out it was Lester, then they wanted John. Nothing is going to make some fans happy.
I have no idea how Lester will do so will just sit back and see how it works out. Will see how much KF lets him run his offense.
Plus, we have decent RB, see if Cade stays healthy, and we are not that strong at WR on paper. OL is still a question. New punter so there goes our best player :cool:

Looks like the Huskers are getting the roster together with Rhule and his staff. I think Rhule will do a good job.

Good luck next year.
Know that feeling.

I guess. He was the Head Coach, not the OC. He also took over a program that went 13-1 the year before and was ranked #9 in scoring offense. Im not sure running Western Michigan into the ground is the badge of honor our Hawkeye fans are making it out to be.
His team had a productive offense until his recruits started becoming the program .

Why say “female AD”? Why not just “AD”? What does her being a female have to do with anything? So I think you shud improve your reading comprehension perhaps.

What, we can't say woman now also. Is she a women or is she gender neutral. Pronouns? Only an Iowa fan would try and spin it that way. Maybe you need a hug to fix your feelings.

Great! Many of us felt the same way when we heard about Satterfield (18 ppg) as the Nebraska OC.

We fired our 15.4 ppg OC I believe our goal is even higher than 18 ppg with Tim Lester.
Maybe they will post all his contract metrics to the media so you can track game by game. That would be a novel idea that I could see no downside in doing.

Great! Many of us felt the same way when we heard about Satterfield (18 ppg) as the Nebraska OC.

We fired our 15.4 ppg OC I believe our goal is even higher than 18 ppg with Tim Lester.
Our head coach has a history of adapting his team to what is necessary to win. Did you watch Baylor during the Rhule years? Has your coach shown any willingness to do the same in order to try to win something of significance? Do you think he's ready to leave his comfort zone to try and compete with OSU, Michigan, Oregon, etc?

SIAP. New Iowa OC Tim Lester will reportedly earn $1.1 million in 24 and 1.3 million in 25. That’s Bill Moos level negotiating right there.

Didn't realize there were any Iowa fans in North Omaha?
Back story is the bro made a comment on the I_wa board that everyone should give Lester a chance. He got his nards punched for that popular opinion. At least on the Husker Board, if someone disagrees with somone else they just make reference to his back pu**y, whatever that is, or that they had carnal knowledge of Greta Thunberg. But no nard punching. That's a bridge too far on this board.

Last edited:
Temple & the Carolina Panthers would say you are wrong.

Just saying.
His last year at Baylor he was pure spread. We ran the option last year and had a qb run offense. Which will be totally different this year.

I'll ask again - do you think your coach will try and adapt to score enough points to compete with teams like OSU, Michigan, Oregon, etc? Or will he be content to try and grind mediocre and bad teams out for 7 or 8 wins? There is no winning the west anymore.

His last year at Baylor he was pure spread. We ran the option last year and had a qb run offense. Which will be totally different this year.

I'll ask again - do you think your coach will try and adapt to score enough points to compete with teams like OSU, Michigan, Oregon, etc? Or will he be content to try and grind mediocre and bad teams out for 7 or 8 wins? There is no winning the west anymore.
Iowa hasn’t won 7 games or fewer in almost a decade. (Covid year not withstanding of course).

Obviously, he is hiring a younger coach that runs RPO, pistol, 11 personnel, etc. QB recruiting has gotten away from statues thank God. I think it’s obvious he is making adjustments.

Iowa hasn’t won 7 games or fewer in almost a decade. (Covid year not withstanding of course).

Obviously, he is hiring a younger coach that runs RPO, pistol, 11 personnel, etc. QB recruiting has gotten away from statues thank God. I think it’s obvious he is making adjustments.
I tease about Lester but I really have no issue with him because I know so little about him. Bottom line (not a trap, you know KF better than me), will he let Lester do his thing or not?

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I tease about Lester but I really have no issue with him because I know so little about him. Bottom line (not a trap, you know KF better than me), will he let Lester do his thing or not?
I think the Iowa offense will look different than it has in the past couple of seasons. I doubt he gets full reigns but it’s not gonna be the same looking Iowa offense I don’t think.

Heck, Lester being a former QB and now having him coach QB’s is gonna be a major upgrade over OL Brian coaching them.

The Western Michigan games I’ve watched highlights of show promise of actual spacing and misdirection. Good route trees designed for a reason. Whether it translates to the Big Ten is yet to be seen.

I think the Iowa offense will look different than it has in the past couple of seasons. I doubt he gets full reigns but it’s not gonna be the same looking Iowa offense I don’t think.

Heck, Lester being a former QB and now having him coach QB’s is gonna be a major upgrade over OL Brian coaching them.

The Western Michigan games I’ve watched highlights of show promise of actual spacing and misdirection. Good route trees designed for a reason. Whether it translates to the Big Ten is yet to be seen.
It is guaranteed to improve.

This isn't the Big 10 west anymore. No more playing 1 good team a year. Same goes for NU. Look at the 2024 and 2025 schedule compared to the 2023 schedule and tell me if you see as many wins. Ultra conservative isn't going to result in anything but mediocrity. Rhule appears to be going for it all. Looks like you think KF is too. We'll see.

This isn't the Big 10 west anymore. No more playing 1 good team a year. Same goes for NU. Look at the 2024 and 2025 schedule compared to the 2023 schedule and tell me if you see as many wins. Ultra conservative isn't going to result in anything but mediocrity. Rhule appears to be going for it all. Looks like you think KF is too. We'll see.
2024 isn't overly difficult for Iowa. Only sure loss is at OSU. Don’t forget, Iowa gets Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Minnesota every year.

2026 Iowa literally plays all 6 of the other Big Ten West teams. At Michigan, at Washington, and OSU at home isn’t tougher than what any Big Ten West team has experienced.

Kirk has shown to beat top 10 teams over his tenure. No reason to believe he can’t pull those upsets with a competent offense again. He just has to couple it with beating the teams he should.

Last edited:
2024 isn't overly difficult for Iowa. Only sure loss is at OSU. Don’t forget, Iowa gets Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Minnesota every year.

2026 Iowa literally plays all 6 of the other Big Ten West teams. At Michigan, at Washington, and OSU at home isn’t tougher than what any Big Ten West team has experienced.

Kirk has shown to beat top 10 teams over his tenure. No reason to believe he can’t pull those upsets with a competent offense again. He just has to couple it with beating the teams he should.
So you think your schedule isn't getting any harder when you now have Washington and UCLA instead of a team like Illinois and Purdue? I know you are going to disregard this, but your program has had the most stability out probably any program in CFB. You pretty much are what you are. Unless you are thinking that Kirk is ready to start rolling the dice and going for the playoff?

Your 2025 schedule includes Penn State, Oregon and USC. At Wisconsin and NU. You think that isn't harder than what you have had?

Did actually mean to type at Washington and Michigan, and OSU at home isn't harder than what you are used to? What was your 2nd toughest 2023 regular season game? Lol.

I see 4 - 1 with those teams you quoted in our 2025 schedule.
dave chappelle tyrone biggums GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT