ADVERTISEMENT

Io_a has their OC

KF to the Iowa administration:

"You gonna make me fire my own kid? No problem. Hold my effing beer while I take 3 months to hire someone even worse, which is no easy feat and took tons of research to pull off.

Suck it.

And if you make me fire this guy? I'll take 4 effing months to hire my kid back."

the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

He can't be worse than Brian, and Brian owned Nebraska.
Sorry, but Brian didn't own Nebraska. Nebraska owned Nebraska with our QB's making poor throws! Nothing more, nothing less. If anything, Brian kept us in the game.

That's okay though, the tide is changing with Iowa losing their easy scheduling and required to play more big boy games. Nebraska is starting to get their feet back under them and the roster is getting improved. KF is cutting off his nose to spite his face in an attempt to protest his sons firing. Even your board is in total upheaval stating the same sentiment over the hire.

Last edited:
How was Lester’s offenses before 2022?

Total offense, scoring offense rankings:

2018: 39th, 35th

2019: 25th, 30th

2020: 16th, 9th

2021: 12th, 34th
You should go report that to your own board. I think Husker nation fully endorses Lester as the hire. Your side of the river … not so much. Maybe they just need some of that RicoSuave charisma you are known for to help turn the fanbase’s opinions of this monumentally underwhelming hire.

You should go report that to your own board. I think Husker nation fully endorses Lester as the hire. Your side of the river … not so much. Maybe they just need some of that RicoSuave charisma you are known for to help turn the fanbase’s opinions of this monumentally underwhelming hire.
You may not like it , but the post regarding Lester’s offense from 2018-2021 is pretty relevant.

It may not fit the narrative, that Kirk is an incompetent Head Coach and hired the wrong guy.

Last edited:
Yo may not like it , but the post regarding Lester’s offense from 2018-2021 is pretty relevant.

It may not fit the narrative, that Kirk is an incompetent Head Coach .

I guess. He was the Head Coach, not the OC. He also took over a program that went 13-1 the year before and was ranked #9 in scoring offense. Im not sure running Western Michigan into the ground is the badge of honor our Hawkeye fans are making it out to be.

I hate Iowa as much as the rest. But this would be an impossible position to fill. Every candidate knows that this is a temporary position as KF is on his way out the door, maybe as soon as next season. Why would anybody take a 1 or 2 year gig and when a new coach is hired they will be gone? They know they have nothing for talent and their O-Line hasnt been this bad since the late 90s. Cheatchigan transfer cant stay healthy and that wont change this year. Some guys are just soft.

Hell the pressure of knowing if it dont improve under your watch, you will never get another D-I gig again. Your coaching career is gone.

KF would have been better off promoting from within and saying f it lets see how this goes.

I couldnt ask for a better scenario than this. Bad part is the worst offense in America still beat Nebraska.

I hate Iowa as much as the rest. But this would be an impossible position to fill. Every candidate knows that this is a temporary position as KF is on his way out the door, maybe as soon as next season. Why would anybody take a 1 or 2 year gig and when a new coach is hired they will be gone? They know they have nothing for talent and their O-Line hasnt been this bad since the late 90s. Cheatchigan transfer cant stay healthy and that wont change this year. Some guys are just soft.

Hell the pressure of knowing if it dont improve under your watch, you will never get another D-I gig again. Your coaching career is gone.

KF would have been better off promoting from within and saying f it lets see how this goes.

I couldnt ask for a better scenario than this. Bad part is the worst offense in America still beat Nebraska.
Usually that is the situation where someone with balls hires a young up and coming coach. And a young up and coming coach would jump at a chance to make a ton of money calling plays in the Big 10.

Solich hiring Pelini is an example of this. LB coach for the Packers. No DC experience. But majorly accelerated his career.

Sorry, but Brian didn't own Nebraska. Nebraska owned Nebraska
That is a very true statement. Nebraska beats itself. Iowa understands that and stays patient. It all played out perfectly in 2023. I cannot remember Iowa's offense being the reason Iowa has ever beaten Nebraska.

It looks like he has only been an actual D1 OC two seasons:

2014 Syracuse 77th in scoring offense (3-9)
2015 Syracuse 121 in scoring offense (4-8)
He called plays at Western Michigan. Fact. This is a solid double. Everyone was hoping for the HR in Johns. Time will tell with Lester but he is obviously going to be better than Brian.

Whipple took the same job with darker clouds approaching. And, look, he’s available.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Reading comprehension would help you immensely. He doesn’t have a problem with women. He glad KKK gave her the middle finger so Iowa could have a bigger fall.
Why say “female AD”? Why not just “AD”? What does her being a female have to do with anything? So I think you shud improve your reading comprehension perhaps.

• Haha
Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
He called plays at Western Michigan. Fact. This is a solid double. Everyone was hoping for the HR in Johns. Time will tell with Lester but he is obviously going to be better than Brian.
Your fans are even upset that John’s didn’t get the job..Don’t you want to know for what the reason was?

Doesn’t take much to better than Sonny boy when your dead last in Total offense and actually last in scoring offense points..

Reactions: jimmykrackedkorn
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT