ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting International ATH commit David Höffken set to visit Nebraska for the first time

TimVerghese

Walk On
Staff
Mar 15, 2024
Late 2024 roster addition David Höffken is back in Germany after a busy few weeks of camps here in the United States, but he's set to fly over to Lincoln for an official visit tomorrow. He's expected to arrive in Nebraska around noon tomorrow and will be on campus till Thursday. He's excited to talk with the coaches more in person, meet Matt Rhule and see what his new home looks like.

He hasn't wavered in his commitment, even with Houston pushing to flip him. He did tell me that he talked with the coaching staff and after intially offering him on the offensive line, they've decided it makes more sense to keep him at defensive end. At 22 years old already, it'll be difficult for him to add the weight needed to play offensive line and it'd be a learning process for him as he's only played defensive line in his career thus far. This is the right decision for his career, and I truly believe he'll have an opportunity to potentially contribute early in his career, much like James Williams did last season. Had a very insightful conversation with Höffken on his background and how he found football. I'll write that up some time this week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News