ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana

They lost their good offensive and defensive coordinator. Allen is an average coach, mostly a hype man, and he needs good coordinators.
My good friend lives right by campus in Bloomington and he went to Indiana, he said you can't even tell when there is a home game. I am not sure (not counting NW) if there is a school in the conference that cares less about football than Indiana.

My good friend lives right by campus in Bloomington and he went to Indiana, he said you can't even tell when there is a home game. I am not sure (not counting NW) if there is a school in the conference that cares less about football than Indiana.
Which is funny because a year ago, they said they were a football school and didn't care about basketball. It's kind of hilarious.

Honestly, nothing. Last year was sort of magical for them but it was a lot of smoke and mirrors.

Remember there were dorks posting here about how they wanted NU to be more like Indiana.
You guys beat me to it with this thread. I wish I could remember which guy was bemoaning that we didn't land Tom Allen when we could have. Indiana has 2 wins over Ball State and Idaho. They got beat by 40 by OSU and Iowa. They'll get thrashed later this year by Minnesota and Purdue. As I've said for a year on this board, be careful what you wish for. I'll grant that Indiana doesn't have the fan support that NU has but they're in a talent rich area. Tom Allen is no miracle worker that is for sure.

Reactions: RedMyMind
You guys beat me to it with this thread. I wish I could remember which guy was bemoaning that we didn't land Tom Allen when we could have. Indiana has 2 wins over Ball State and Idaho. They got beat by 40 by OSU and Iowa. They'll get thrashed later this year by Minnesota and Purdue. As I've said for a year on this board, be careful what you wish for. I'll grant that Indiana doesn't have the fan support that NU has but they're in a talent rich area. Tom Allen is no miracle worker that is for sure.
Hes basically built his reputation on beating teams with losing records. I think he's beat 3 teams with winning records. In his career.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Right now they're being done in by horrendous QB play, although that doesn't explain how awful they've been to date. Didn't Penix just get hurt two weeks ago?

Right now they're being done in by horrendous QB play, although that doesn't explain how awful they've been to date. Didn't Penix just get hurt two weeks ago?
The kid who started the game I thought they said was starting his 5th game. No doubt QB issues are part of their problems.....imagine that.

LOL. B1G refs just missed a BLATANT pass interference in the endzone on Indiana...... Good heavens B!G officiating is HORRIBLE.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
Penix has been really bad this year. Don't think that because he has been out, that is why iu is bad. Their OC is terrible. Their OC that had that offense playing at an elite level is 7-3 at fresno state.

Penix has been really bad this year. Don't think that because he has been out, that is why iu is bad. Their OC is terrible. Their OC that had that offense playing at an elite level is 7-3 at fresno state.
Ryan Grubb has been at Fresno for 5 years Wiki says. Nick Sheridan is in his 2nd season as Indiana's OC.

Last edited:
They have the same co-oc’s as last year, DeBoer was only there in 2019 when they were 8-5.

They played Iowa, Cincinnati, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan St, and Ohio State. The only loss that wouldn’t be expected is Maryland so far.

Reactions: dinglefritz
They have the same co-oc’s as last year, DeBoer was only there in 2019 when they were 8-5.

They played Iowa, Cincinnati, Penn State, Michigan, Michigan St, and Ohio State. The only loss that wouldn’t be expected is Maryland so far.
Deborah. The offense has done nothing but regress under Sheridan. Not sure he just forgot how to coach. Last year was a weird year.

Deborah. The offense has done nothing but regress under Sheridan. Not sure he just forgot how to coach. Last year was a weird year.
My mistake. I thought you were talking about the OC they had last year. Amazing what a different OC can do to your team..
;)

Reactions: BoilerN
It could have been any number of dorks on here posting that.

Reactions: RothMatt
2020 was a Covid year in the B10.

Indiana was a feel good story but nobody other than Ohio State and our beloved Huskers actually tried.

Yeah, there was definitely more than one pining over him. Allen is a little bit of a nutcase and is not someone I'd want coaching at Nebraska.

Scott frost is still the coach, so I would say nebraska.

If the big ten isn't a tough conference then there isn't a tough conference in the country.

What an idiotic take.
Every conference has dogshit teams. But fans of those conferences usually admit it, unlike the throngs of die-hard Big Ten slobberers.

This Indiana-Rutgers crapfest looks like a bad high school game.

Reactions: SuperBigFan
Every conference has dogshit teams. But fans of those conferences usually admit it, unlike the throngs of die-hard Big Ten slobberers.

Half the schools in the conference have to give tickets away just to get 35k fans in the stands...

But then if you say anything bad about the conference the freaks lose their shit,

Half the schools in the conference have to give tickets away just to get 35k fans in the stands...

But then if you say anything bad about the conference the freaks lose their shit,
Yeah I have no problem admitting that Nebraska is a bad team. But then, I didn't graduate from Big Ten Butt Licker Boot Camp.

Reactions: SuperBigFan

Why are you watching the Indiana/Rutgers game?

What is your next watch Vanderbilt/Kentucky?

Reactions: 4IUSox2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT