ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana hasn’t scored less than 31* points in a game this season

And Northern Iowa got absolutely dominated by Hawaii and South Dakota State since playing us. They are terrible but we made them look pretty tough for much of that game. So we shouldn't act like we've played a tough schedule yet either.
5-1. I like it. You can be a miserable pessimist all you want. Your posting style is 100% negative. What a way to live ...

And Northern Iowa got absolutely dominated by Hawaii and South Dakota State since playing us. They are terrible but we made them look pretty tough for much of that game. So we shouldn't act like we've played a tough schedule yet either.
UNI got 73 of their yards on the last drive that ended on downs. Garbage yards against our scrubs. They averaged 12 yards per drive in the three drives before that after opening the second half with a 46 yard drive that ended with an INT.

Does everyone realize it was 27-24 until 6 mins left in the 4th yesterday? The final score was deceiving with Indiana scoring twice late in the game. Itll be a tough game no doubt but let’s not act like they blew everyone out so far.
Like is “smoking” shitty Purdue?

We couldn’t score on them until late, everyone else beats them by 30-40.

We may win, but we may not. Indiana is decent, and has nowhere near the recruits that we do. They have a bunch of 2-3 stars for the most part
Their offensive scheme is better than ours. They may not have the hogs but we will have our hands full.
Glad we have a bye, we need the rest and recovery

Awfully weird after a 6-0 start to the season to see a coach basically give himself a self high-five speech on how you rebuild a program.

Congrats on the 6-0 start there coach, but you might to want to pump the brakes a bit on your Coach of The Year acceptance speech after beating Florida International, Western Illinois, UCLA, Charlotte, Maryland, and Northwestern.
They've managed to play 3 of the 4 worst teams in the Big 10 and 3 weak non-conf teams. NU is far more battle tested with wins over Rutgers and Colorado that appear bowl bound. I say with certainty NU is the best defense Indiana will have faced thus far. If NU can play a complete game and not sputter offensively or defensively for a half we will win. NU should be at full strength defensively and the OL has grown in the past few weeks even without Corcoran. I believe this is a win IF NU does what it is capable of doing.

I think NU deserves credit for beating Rutgers. Rutgers has wins over VaTech and Washington, both of whom may have more Name than Game this season, but have still shown to be pretty salty teams.

Not sure if the win over CU will end up as a good win - they’re 4-1, but may be stuck on 4 wins for a while.

Reactions: headcard and c3o
I think NU deserves credit for beating Rutgers. Rutgers has wins over VaTech and Washington, both of whom may have more Name than Game this season, but have still shown to be pretty salty teams.

Not sure if the win over CU will end up as a good win - they’re 4-1, but may be stuck on 4 wins for a while.
I’d say they have 2 losses (KSU and the Utes) and one win (KU). The rest are tossups. 7-5 is likely, maybe 8-4.

I can agree with that. Hopefully that battle testing helps us vs. Indiana.
I’d LOVE to be bowl eligible after just 7 games going into the home stretch.

Does everyone realize it was 27-24 until 6 mins left in the 4th yesterday? The final score was deceiving with Indiana scoring twice late in the game. Itll be a tough game no doubt but let’s not act like they blew everyone out so far.
Yes, I left that came and came back to see that score and wandering how in the hell.

I don't think I've seen anybody say that .

Reactions: headcard
Like is “smoking” shitty Purdue?

We couldn’t score on them until late, everyone else beats them by 30-40.

We may win, but we may not. Indiana is decent, and has nowhere near the recruits that we do. They have a bunch of 2-3 stars for the most part
Their offensive scheme is better than ours. They may not have the hogs but we will have our hands full.
Glad we have a bye, we need the rest and recovery

We couldn’t score in the first half cause we botched 3 field goals and the refs called back a TD on a horrible call. PSU ran the same play for a TD vs UCLA, way more contact on the rub/pick and the ref was looking right at it. No flag, TD pedos.

Context is important.

My good friend lives about 1 mile from the IU campus. He went there for his bachelors and masters...

He said on game days he can't even tell a game is going on. There is no FB fanbase at all. If the Husker fans, they will easily fill up that stadium.

I’m not saying they aren’t good but I’m definitely not impressed with their points average at this point given their competition. Also, if I recall correctly their schedule sets up nicely for a nice end of season record.

It will be a tough game I have no doubt because everyone is a tough out for us, but they haven’t seen a defense like ours. Hopefully our special teams doesn’t handicap us and we have figure out how to score in both halves.

I would be impressed if they score more than 24.

I would be shocked if they DIDNT get to 24. Indiana is a good team. I know their schedule hasn't been a gauntlet but you play who you play. For the most part they kicked the shit outta those guys. As we struggled to a 7-3 lead heading into the fourth quarter of Purdue you learn to appreciate a team that doesn't play with its food.

I'm very interested in watching how well we do against them. Hoping we can carry the pass rush into that game. I'm actually seeing a rather high scoring game.

Holla

UusF5g2.jpeg

My good friend lives about 1 mile from the IU campus. He went there for his bachelors and masters...

He said on game days he can't even tell a game is going on. There is no FB fanbase at all. If the Husker fans, they will easily fill up that stadium.

I went to IU my freshmen year. Lived at the varsity villas right by the stadium. My roommate was a sports properties major and would get us on the sideline for games.

When OSU came to town they did their cheer around IUs stadium.

Some games were worthless as nobody showed up. Purdue was always a fun one.

With that said, the state is excited for them and this game will be jam packed.

5-1. I like it. You can be a miserable pessimist all you want. Your posting style is 100% negative. What a way to live ...

No, it's not. I have posted many positive things about the defense.

But it's hard to call Indiana a pretender, when our schedule has been almost just as week. According to ESPN, we have had the 102nd strength of schedule, and Indiana has the 108th. 3 of our wins have been against 3 cupcakes that barely have a pulse. Only one road game so far, and it was against the worst team in the conference. We lost at home to a team with the 100th ranked offense. Indiana will be the first team we play that has an offense in the Top 50, let alone Top 10, so we will see if the defense is really legit.

But it's hard to call Indiana a pretender, when our schedule has been almost just as week. According to ESPN, we have had the 102nd strength of schedule, and Indiana has the 108th. 3 of our wins have been against 3 cupcakes that barely have a pulse. Only one road game so far, and it was against the worst team in the conference. We lost at home to a team with the 100th ranked offense. Indiana will be the first team we play that has an offense in the Top 50, let alone Top 10, so we will see if the defense is really legit.
I don’t think you’re negative but you’re kind of gay

Nebraska has played three teams with one loss and is 2-1 against them. IU has played one team with a winning record (Terps at 3-2).

The few highlights I’ve seen of Indiana look to be a good spread offense with a leaky defense.

I didn’t see a ton of pressure on qbs by Indiana’s defense.

I’ll be interested to see how they match up with our defense. They seem to have good skill players. Rourke will turn it over more than some.

Reactions: V-Doub
I know they’ve definitely cost the folks that keep betting against them some coins. They found a good coach and are overachieving in year one. They also haven’t played anyone and we will be their toughest test so far. Definitely a winnable game.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Some random stats.

The highest ranked defense Indiana has played in 2024 is FIU at #69 (69, 77, 78, 95, & 110). Nebraska is #10 in total defense against FBS.

Nebraska has played 3 defenses ranked higher than their highest this season in Colorado, Rutgers, and Illinois.

Indiana has only played one offense that averages more yards than Nebraska in Maryland. 3 of their 6 offenses were ranked 115 or worse.

They are even in turnover margin against FBS competition. Their pass defense has given up 7 td’s with only 2 interceptions(Nebraska is 8/6)

They are one of the top teams in sacks. #17 against FBS, while Nebraska is #3 in FBS.

Indiana only gives up 3.8 tfl’s a game, Nebraska 5.4.

CU has a good offense. Yes they have issues on the lines but they still appear well within bowl status by the end of the season. Also, Illinois is a top-25 team. Period. Top half of the Big 10 and were hanging tough at PSU until the end. Ball control by PSU kept that score down. Rutgers also beat two above-average teams in Washington and VT. Yes, NU looked unimpressive or even bad several times this year but they have played a tougher schedule and shown they can win even without complete games. Indiana has faced no real defenses this year. Nothing close to NU's level. If the offense and defense play 4 quarters and don't go to sleep for a half, I feel pretty good. NU still hasn't played a complete game this year. This could finally be the game.

Some random stats.

The highest ranked defense Indiana has played in 2024 is FIU at #69 (69, 77, 78, 95, & 110). Nebraska is #10 in total defense against FBS.

Nebraska has played 3 defenses ranked higher than their highest this season in Colorado, Rutgers, and Illinois.

Indiana has only played one offense that averages more yards than Nebraska in Maryland. 3 of their 6 offenses were ranked 115 or worse.

They are even in turnover margin against FBS competition. Their pass defense has given up 7 td’s with only 2 interceptions(Nebraska is 8/6)

They are one of the top teams in sacks. #17 against FBS, while Nebraska is #3 in FBS.

I can give Indiana a lot of credit for the point totals, but that schedule has thus far been as easy as you could possibly manage to get to start the season. They got 3 of the 4 worst teams in the Big 10 in an otherwise loaded conference. NU can go into this game more battle tested and with a chip on their shoulder as the underdog. They have yet to play four good quarters. That's the goal.

Reactions: headcard
I can give Indiana a lot of credit for the point totals, but that schedule has thus far been as easy as you could possibly manage to get to start the season. They got 3 of the 4 worst teams in the Big 10 in an otherwise loaded conference. NU can go into this game more battle tested and with a chip on their shoulder as the underdog. They have yet to play four good quarters. That's the goal.
IMO last years 3-9 Indiana team would be 5-1 or 4-2 vs this years Indiana schedule. Obviously not winning by the scores they are currently.

Nebraska would be 3-3 most likely with last years team against the schedule this season with our turnover prone team.

Awfully weird after a 6-0 start to the season to see a coach basically give himself a self high-five speech on how you rebuild a program.

Congrats on the 6-0 start there coach, but you might to want to pump the brakes a bit on your Coach of The Year acceptance speech after beating Florida International, Western Illinois, UCLA, Charlotte, Maryland, and Northwestern.
He's not shy about tooting his own horn. Sounds a lot like Frost did when he came to Lincoln but so far IU has backed it up.

The few highlights I’ve seen of Indiana look to be a good spread offense with a leaky defense.

I didn’t see a ton of pressure on qbs by Indiana’s defense.

I’ll be interested to see how they match up with our defense. They seem to have good skill players. Rourke will turn it over more than some.
I think their offense is a good matchup for our defense. The 3-3--5 is in part designed to stop spread attacks. The question for me will be if we can get pressure on the QB and IF Gifford can hold up.

Rutgers was averaging 32 pts a game vs FBS. Indiana is averaging 41. Rutgers also beat VaTech and a washington team that just beat Michigan. We will hold Indiana to 14 or maybe 21. We will be scoring at least 4 TDs.

Some random stats.

to piggyback, Northwestern was averaging 11.33 points per game against non-FCS opponents before dropping over double that on Indiana.

We should be able to put up at least 40 on them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT