ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana’s new coach has recruiting figured out

It sounds like you’re trying to convince yourself that he’s not a good coach when his record seems to indicate otherwise.
No, he clearly is a good coach. But can he rebuild a terrible program with no support? I guess we will see who handles the rebuild better, he or Walters. Glad Purdue has Walters.

Very similar to your coach who hates Nebraska.
Walters isn’t focused on rebuilding Purdue? Interesting. Imagine the talent he could bring in on top of the talent he has retained if he actually focused on that. He talked about Nebraska for 1 week out of the year, on the week he was supposed to talk to the media about Nebraska. Lol

Brohm left Purdue. Boring and shitty is gone. Purdue has Walters now. Walters is going to be good once he rebuilds a crap roster. Getting there.
you'll never have a coach who achieves as much as Brohm.

we all have eyeballs.

walters's horseshit team got its ass brutalized in Lincoln this year. worst purdue team I've ever seen.

he played at Colorado. he sees the Scarlet 'N' every night in his nightmares. the video of him getting knocked silly in his final college football game by an NU backup is laugh out loud hilarious. the guy is as beta as they come.

relegation is coming for you.

enjoy another early ncaa tourney exit this year under that disgusting fat underachieving slob matt painter. that mutant center of yours needs to be careful he's not incarcerated for pursuing high school girls mid-season.

Merry Christmas

you'll never have a coach who achieves as much as Brohm.

we all have eyeballs.

walters's horseshit team got its ass brutalized in Lincoln this year. worst purdue team I've ever seen.

he played at Colorado. he sees the Scarlet 'N' every night in his nightmares. the video of him getting knocked silly in his final college football game by an NU backup is laugh out loud hilarious. the guy is as beta as they come.

relegation is coming for you.

enjoy another early ncaa tourney exit this year under that disgusting fat underachieving slob matt painter. that mutant center of yours needs to be careful he's not incarcerated for pursuing high school girls mid-season.

Merry Christmas
Ya. Correct, it was a terrible team because Brohm had zero interest or desire to build a team, so when the few NFL players that carried the team his last year left, the team was bad. Walters hit the portal hard, but got off to a late start. Walters has two developed and kept the two best pass rushers in the big ten, on of the best safeties. Rebuilt the oline, and has a healthy QB. And out recruited every Brohm class recruited.

Brohm is the reason Purdue sucked last year. Total rebuild.

I won’t comment on basketball as you clearly know nothing about Painter. A couple poor years don’t make it the norm. I will enjoy watching a 2 time national player of the year in Edey and an All American PG in Braden Smith though. Painter has built quite the team and has an exceptional recruiting class coming. Things are looking up in football and basketball.

• Wow
Reactions: huntered
Ya. Correct, it was a terrible team because Brohm had zero interest or desire to build a team, so when the few NFL players that carried the team his last year left, the team was bad. Walters hit the portal hard, but got off to a late start. Walters has two developed and kept the two best pass rushers in the big ten, on of the best safeties. Rebuilt the oline, and has a healthy QB. And out recruited every Brohm class recruited.

I won’t comment on basketball as you clearly know nothing about Painter. A couple poor years don’t make it the norm. I will enjoy watching a 2 time national player of the year in Edey and an All American PG in Braden Smith though. Painter has built quite the team and has an exceptional recruiting class coming. Things are looking up in football and basketball.
Brohm's team won 10 and went to the conference title game, just like he did last year

your team sucked ass & shows zero hope

• Love
Brohm's team won 10 and went to the conference title game, just like he did last year

your team sucked ass & shows zero hope
The team sucked because Brohm sucked at recruiting and got lucky with a walk-on QB and Charlie Jones (who AOC told him to recruit). Brohm is a great OC, average HC.

Why does it show zero hope? That’s an interesting take for sure.

Walters isn’t focused on rebuilding Purdue? Interesting. Imagine the talent he could bring in on top of the talent he has retained if he actually focused on that. He talked about Nebraska for 1 week out of the year, on the week he was supposed to talk to the media about Nebraska. Lol
He’s a thug, runs a thug program. 6 win cieling, right where purdue belongs.

You are in denial. Brohm was the only beacon of hope a shit program like yours could hang their hat on.

I will enjoy watching a 2 time national player of the year in Edey and an All American PG in Braden Smith though.
Is this your own personal All-America team, or one that other people know about?

You are in denial. Brohm was the only beacon of hope a shit program like yours could hang their hat on.
I’m not in denial, I’m stating facts. Brohm was imploding that program from the inside out. He had worn thin at Purdue. If you don’t want to believe me and say I’m denial, that’s fine.

Is this your own personal All-America team, or one that other people know about?
Why shouldn’t he be in the running? He’s a stud and is controlling games. How many guards are averaging 13 ppg (scores more in the games he needs to), 6.7 assist per game, 5.5 rebounds per game, and 2 steals per game on 50% shooting, 47% 3 point shooting? While playing one of the toughest schedules in the country.

Painter has built this team and continues to elevate it and bring in better talent each year. Next years class looks outstanding.

Why shouldn’t he be in the running? He’s a stud and is controlling games. How many guards are averaging 13 ppg (scores more in the games he needs to), 6.7 assist per game, 5.5 rebounds per game, and 2 steals per game on 50% shooting, 47% 3 point shooting? While playing one of the toughest schedules in the country.

Painter has built this team and continues to elevate it and bring in better talent each year. Next years class looks outstanding.
Smith will be about 3rd team All-Big Ten, and that’s because Xavier Johnson is hurt.

• Haha
Reactions: BoilerN
I’m not in denial, I’m stating facts. Brohm was imploding that program from the inside out. He had worn thin at Purdue. If you don’t want to believe me and say I’m denial, that’s fine.
Purdue was the dirtiest team we played all year. Reflection of their coach, PU will be looking for another one in 2 seasons

The team sucked because Brohm sucked at recruiting and got lucky with a walk-on QB and Charlie Jones (who AOC told him to recruit). Brohm is a great OC, average HC.

Why does it show zero hope? That’s an interesting take for sure.
I watched Purdue play once this year and it was a hopeless and hapless blowout that’s how

What did they do that was so dirty?
Cheap shots, late hits out of bounds, I remember purdues defense being very undisciplined making bonehead penalties when they had a chance to gain some momentum back. I attribute that directly to the HC.

Cheap shots, late hits out of bounds, I remember purdues defense being very undisciplined making bonehead penalties when they had a chance to gain some momentum back. I attribute that directly to the HC.
I’ll have to go back and watch. I barely watched the Nebraska game. Would have to see if it was Brohm guys or Walters guys, as it wasn’t super undisciplined and dirty this past year. Brohm defenses absolutely were though. 5 DC’s in 5 years. Thanks jeff

There were really only 4 defenders that were good last year. Scourton, Jenkins, Theineman, and Brevard. The first 3 are absolute studs.

• Haha
So you based it off 1 game on a bad team that was inherited. With an injured QB. Makes sense.
your starting QB played and looked abysmal

not one player on your team was any good

it was one of those blowouts - after the head coach talked smack, no less - that says a lot about the direction of a program

your starting QB played and looked abysmal

not one player on your team was any good

it was one of those blowouts - after the head coach talked smack, no less - that says a lot about the direction of a program
Yes, he looked terrible because he was hurt and Purdue had a rotational door at offensive line. I can’t recall if Purdue started 1 or 2 NAIA transfer OL vs Nebraska. Thanks Jeff

No one was good? Not even the two sack leaders in the big ten or the freshman all American safety? Interesting… I had Nebraska fans tell me those 3 were studs after the game. I’d argue the Center and RB’s were pretty good as well. The starting CB was good before injury, top 2 TE’s were really good before injury.

Otherwise, I agree, team was bad, because Brohm had no idea how to build one. Glad you agree with me that Walters inherited little talent and zero depth.

Last edited:
Yes, he looked terrible because he was hurt and Purdue had a rotational door at offensive line. I can’t recall if Purdue started 1 or 2 NAIA transfer OL vs Nebraska. Thanks Jeff

No one was good? Not even the two sack leaders in the big ten or the freshman all American safety? Interesting… I had Nebraska fans tell me those 3 were studs after the game. I’d argue the Center and RB’s were pretty good as well. The starting CB was good before injury, top 2 TE’s were really good before injury.

Otherwise, I agree, team was bad, because Brohm had no idea how to build one. Glad you agree with me that Walters inherited little talent and zero depth.
3 starters on the offensive line hit the portal after Brohm left. It was Walters’ job to keep them. If he couldn’t, it’s not Brohm’s fault for the zero depth.

Purdue portal

Why didn’t Walters keep them?

Reactions: king_kong_
3 starters on the offensive line hit the portal after Brohm left. It was Walters’ job to keep them. If he couldn’t, it’s not Brohm’s fault for the zero depth.

Purdue portal

Why didn’t Walters keep them?
Hostage left prior to Brohm leaving. Finau wanted to start. Miller followed Brohm. Walters kept the 3 best OL in Hartwig, Mbow, and Mussa. Most of the guys that left the past 2 years had played 4 years at Purdue or transferred down to non P5.

Walters is in way, way over his head

Not a head coach. At least not yet
He will get it figured out. He learned a lot last year. He just needs to learn and build the team. He’s doing both. Already out recruiting Brohm. And keeping guys on the team that Brohm is rumored to have offered half a mil to.

Reactions: 9and4
Hostage left prior to Brohm leaving. Finau wanted to start. Miller followed Brohm. Walters kept the 3 best OL in Hartwig, Mbow, and Mussa. Most of the guys that left the past 2 years had played 4 years at Purdue or transferred down to non P5.
That’s interesting, because according to the article I posted, the 3 that left were surefire starters if they stayed. Do you not agree with Kyle Holderfield at the Purdue rivals website?

I would assume he would know better than you, but you claim Walters kept the 3 best.

Also, the portal works both ways. Why didn’t Walters bring in OL guys to replace the ones who left? Or did he, and they weren’t as good? Then that’s on Walters as well.

Reactions: schuele
He will get it figured out. He learned a lot last year. He just needs to learn and build the team. He’s doing both. Already out recruiting Brohm. And keeping guys on the team that Brohm is rumored to have offered half a mil to.
Not according to 247’s overall football rating. Louisville at 34, Purdue at 37, with Louisville having one more 4 star than Purdue.

Seeing what you want to see, I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT