ADVERTISEMENT

In-State TE Chase Loftin Commits to FSU

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

We will survive. And I wish the kid well. But what hurts about this is he is a 4 star Nebraska kid. You just always hate to lose those in State recruits. Even Osborne lost a Nebraska kid every once in a while. But it still stinks. Rhule has been pretty good at keeping the local talent home so far. So losing one is not indicative of a trend. But we had better have a break out season this year or it will become a trend. Another losing season or even a bland and mediocre season of ugly football and the gild will be off the Rhule lily. These days you don’t get five years to “build” your program. We need to win again. Simple as that.

We have enough TEs.
TE is not a position of need. But it is OK to stockpile talent at a position. That's what the best programs do. And second, how in the hell does this program even get out of this hole if we can't out recruit the really good programs for talent that they actually want? We need a lot more Raiolas and Grant Brix level recruits and fewer guys who report offers to places that they wouldn't be allowed to take an official visit to.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Always hate to lose one of the top recruits in the State… This one hurts but we already have good depth at TE…

Reactions: zrob
Doesn't Bear Tenney have more offers?

Good for him going where he wants, but man, FSU? After they stole our national championship? Not that this kid was alive to remember that...
to be fair, Bear and Chase basically aren’t the same postion. Chase would be more of the flex/hybrid TE and Bear is hand in the dirt guy that we are used to seeing in Rhule’s offenses.

You always hate to see top instate talent leave and can never have too much talent. Look in 22 when we didn’t land Helms or Ducker, everyone said we had enough TE talent. Well we didnt. Granted Helms and Ducker haven’t proven anything but we most certainly didn’t have too much talent at TE. We had guys on the scholarship who had no place playing P5 football.

to be fair, Bear and Chase basically aren’t the same postion. Chase would be more of the flex/hybrid TE and Bear is hand in the dirt guy that we are used to seeing in Rhule’s offenses.

You always hate to see top instate talent leave and can never have too much talent. Look in 22 when we didn’t land Helms or Ducker, everyone said we had enough TE talent. Well we didnt. Granted Helms and Ducker haven’t proven anything but we most certainly didn’t have too much talent at TE. We had guys on the scholarship who had no place playing P5 football.
Would be nice to have the kid who went to ISU and played big minutes last year as a true frosh

44 sucks ass and Fidone looks like a guy who’s suffered two major knee injuries and has basically zero interest in blocking

Maybe Carter shows up ready to roll, maybe those guys get better. I don’t know. And I don’t know if this kids any good either.

But I do know we have essentially zero NFL guys and can afford to get better everywhere. the “we’re good” delusionals make me chuckle.

Frost blew it with that ISU kid IIRC. Would have loved to have this Loftin kid but TE seems to be a position we have local options and seem to recruit pretty good.

Would be nice to have the kid who went to ISU and played big minutes last year as a true frosh

44 sucks ass and Fidone looks like a guy who’s suffered two major knee injuries and has basically zero interest in blocking

Maybe Carter shows up ready to roll, maybe those guys get better. I don’t know. And I don’t know if this kids any good either.

But I do know we have essentially zero NFL guys and can afford to get better everywhere. the “we’re good” delusionals make me chuckle.
While I don't agree with all of this, there seems to be an attitude of we are loaded or set anyway and then list names of players who haven't proven a thing, i.e. Smith. Chase appears to be very fluid, runs great routes and can adjust to the ball and actually catch it. I admire Fidone and all he has been through but fluidity is not a word I would use to describe him.

Sure, we have plenty of TE's and we have plenty of a lot of position players but it's more quality over quantity for me.

And yes, we do lose some kids from Nebraska for whatever reason but what makes this one more disturbing is the overall rating of the pledges we currently have. Just ask yourself if that looks like championship recruiting? And yes, I know these are 18 year old freshmen.

Kid probably values actually playing in bowl games

Given the challenges the staff is having recruiting actual football players I am hearing we have staff on a plane to Belgium where they will be recruiting youth soccer games for players they believe they can develop

Bold move

Given the challenges the staff is having recruiting actual football players I am hearing we have staff on a plane to Belgium where they will be recruiting youth soccer games for players they believe they can develop

Bold move
Awesome first post. Didn't your.team just have a starting WR arrested? Better go focus on that.

I know I don’t think Nebraska is all that great at TE currently. I just don’t believe this is the kid who would change that.

Bold move
Go play in traffic

We will survive. And I wish the kid well. But what hurts about this is he is a 4 star Nebraska kid. You just always hate to lose those in State recruits. Even Osborne lost a Nebraska kid every once in a while. But it still stinks. Rhule has been pretty good at keeping the local talent home so far. So losing one is not indicative of a trend. But we had better have a break out season this year or it will become a trend. Another losing season or even a bland and mediocre season of ugly football and the gild will be off the Rhule lily. These days you don’t get five years to “build” your program. We need to win again. Simple as that.
Agreed. Nebraska has very few 4 star in- state talent due to its small population. The ones that ARE out there, you need to keep at home. Don’t care if we have other TEs.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker

Bold move
Sustained cumswallowing bringing some deep thoughts to the board. Solid use of time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT