ADVERTISEMENT

Imagine the meltdown if this ends up being true

Has that ever happened before, where a coach got fired and then replaced the coach who replaced him?

Interesting. I think he's a good coach. But yes, would the locals be happy with it?

My guess is he will be a very successful coach somewhere.

Reactions: newAD
Interesting. I think he's a good coach. But yes, would the locals be happy with it?

My guess is he will be a very successful coach somewhere.

I think it's pretty rare to go directly from the Summit League to a Power 5 Conference. Craig Smith went from USD to the MWC (Utah State). The last SDSU Coach (Nagy) went to the Horizon League (Wright State). I'm still a bit surprised Nagy left after Daum's freshman year to take another mid-major job in the Horizon League.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Yes. I'd take him in a heartbeat. Unless we can get a Thad Matt/Mick Cronin etc, we'll be taking another gamble on someone. Hopefully he'd bring Caleb Grill with him. And if Baylor Scheierman stays home that'd be okay too.

That would be a terrible hire on SDSU's part. Otzelberger seems more like an Osborne hire. If we go up and comer it will be Travis DeCuire from Montana imo.

That would be a terrible hire on SDSU's part. Otzelberger seems more like an Osborne hire. If we go up and comer it will be Travis DeCuire from Montana imo.
Yeah I’m guessing Moos connections to Montana put DeCuire right at the top.

I think DeCuire will take the Cal job. He was an assistant there for a long time and he's been a West Coast guy his whole life. Wouldn't seem to be a fit in the Big Ten.

Oats or Otzelberger make more sense here because of their ties to the Midwest.

I think DeCuire will take the Cal job. He was an assistant there for a long time and he's been a West Coast guy his whole life. Wouldn't seem to be a fit in the Big Ten.

Oats or Otzelberger make more sense here because of their ties to the Midwest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT